• Continental
    • Firestone
    • Goodyear
    • Michelin
    • Pirelli
    • Sumitomo
    • Yokohama
    • OTHER

JUst for the record, I have had the Perelli P zero nero for over a year now. I have to say that they are the best tire I have ever owned. Have had the Michellin Sport and this tire is by far... better. Cost less as well.

I'll second that. I've had mine for 2 years and have driven in just about everything but deep snow.

A darn good set of tires.

Jim

• 1 month later...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 16" Blue Streak radials on my ETC. Love 'em. They wear well and have no balance/wear/ vibration issues. Bought them from a friend that works at a Goodyear store. 65.00$ a piece and I mounted and balanced them myself..absolutly no regrets .

Phil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I run the world best built tire on my daily driver. They are by far the best built car tire. They are Nokian

They happen to be snow tires. I parked my Trailblazer and dug out the car for the big snow storm. Oh are they nice. The only problem I have been having is with my Girl Friend. The seats in the Trailblazer are nicer and she had back surgery at Christmas. She has not even started Physical therapy, so she can't ride in the car and she can't drive yet.

Nokian Tyres are #1

12.58 second Northstar with a GM/Cadillac PCM

Cadillac Technician @ Crest Cadillac Brookfield WI

Hometown Washougal WA

• 5 months later...

I bought a 2003 SLS with 45,000 miles on it. It still had the original tires. They had a vibration that I couldn't get out. So I went to Sam's Club & bought a set of BFG Touring T/As. They are a 70,000 mile tire and a set cost about $130.00 less than a set of Michlien Pilots.

I drove it to St. Louis & back yesterday. 360 miles round trip. The new tires rode smooth & quiet. They appear to have a LOT of tread.

I have had good luck with BFG tires on my Suburban & pick-up. I hope that these tires prove to be good as well.

Britt

Britt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Goodyears I had were 10yrs old, so I sold them with 50% left on the tread.

How many miles?

Which Goodyears were they? I had a lot of tread left on my OEM GY tires too, but they couldn't be balanced for the 99 STS.

Michelins, while not perfect, COULD be RF balanced to give under 10 pounds of road force. Acceptable to me.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

• 1 year later...

winter: goodyear ultragrip performance 2 235/60/16

summer: dunlop sport maxx 245/45/19

on my bmw: dunlop sport maxx 225 and 255 18 inch

I like the sport maxx, very good tire, good performance and comfort... and the goodyear ugp2 is a nice tire for the winter in combination with the seville's front wheel drive, breaking and cornering works great even in 3 inch deep snow on the road, much better than the mercedes s320 that I drive in work with the hankook tires.

winter: goodyear ultragrip performance 2 235/60/16

summer: dunlop sport maxx 245/45/19

on my bmw: dunlop sport maxx 225 and 255 18 inch

I like the sport maxx, very good tire, good performance and comfort... and the goodyear ugp2 is a nice tire for the winter in combination with the seville's front wheel drive, breaking and cornering works great even in 3 inch deep snow on the road, much better than the mercedes s320 that I drive in work with the hankook tires.

Given that you are from Austria with your rough winters, I think your opinion carries a lot of weight. I am not sure if we have the same tire models here in the US however, I need to check

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I have to drive a lot through the snow, before the Seville I had a BMW 5 Series with all wheel drive... but the Seville is also very good in hard winter conditions. For winter use I really like the Dunlop WinterSport 3D and the Goodyear UltraGripPerformance2! The Vredestein Wintrac xtreme are also very good and cheap, but I don't think they are available in the US.

For myself I can say I never made good experiences with winter - tires from Japan, like Yokohama Wdrive or Toyo Snowprox...

On my bmw I also had the Continental TS810 and the Michelin Alpin2... they were good but not as good as the Dunlop WinterSport 3D I had in use last winter.

• 9 months later...

Vogue Wide Trac CBR VIII Gold Stripes. Makes the Caddy float like a dream!!

BaskPass-1.jpg?t=1287796366

Those look sweet and they might look good with my gold pinstriping. I'll have to give it some thought. You may have just cost me a bundle! ;)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Vogue Wide Trac CBR VIII Gold Stripes. Makes the Caddy float like a dream!!

BaskPass-1.jpg?t=1287796366

Those look sweet and they might look good with my gold pinstriping. I'll have to give it some thought. You may have just cost me a bundle! ;)

Regards,

Warren

Thanks Warren! Yes they look really nice on Green and I bet your gold pinstripe would set them off! After buying mines, I found a really good website selling the set brand new for around $400 with free shipping. PM me if interested.

3100406887_808dbe1b91_m.jpg3100408453_191809e0a7_m.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the dealer screwed up and special-ordered the whitewalls by mistake. I'm pretty ill right now and I lacked the energy for a fight, so I let him install them. My first thought was they are a little "too pimp," but they're growing on me. Lottsa compliments as well. They ride very nice and handle great! Now to change my signature photo . . . .

The original 26MB photo suffered after downsizing, so you'll have to use some imagination where the pinstriping is concerned.

SPreston2001, you cost me a bundle! :D :D :D

Pimp2.jpg

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Well, the dealer screwed up and special-ordered the whitewalls by mistake. I'm pretty ill right now and I lacked the energy for a fight, so I let him install them. My first thought was they are a little "too pimp," but they're growing on me. Lottsa compliments as well. They ride very nice and handle great! Now to change my signature photo . . . .

The original 26MB photo suffered after downsizing, so you'll have to use some imagination where the pinstriping is concerned.

SPreston2001, you cost me a bundle! :D :D :D

Pimp2.jpg

Regards,

Warren

Looks great as long as you keep the whitewalls clean.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I have runway enduro 606 tires one mine they are rated A for everything along with a 460 tread wear rating and I have the H weight rating and and rated to 130mph. Pluss they have a decent design for snow where I live in New Jersey.

The best part is that they are cheaper then any other tire that I was able to find with that good of a tread rating and that would look ok in the snow.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=38910756.135.8516&Cookie=Shopzilla&typ=R-146809&ranzahl=4&Breite=235&Herst=Runway&Quer=60&Felge=16&Speed=H&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135

• 3 months later...

I have Goodyear Integritys.

I LOVE the traction, but the ride sucks. I also seemed to have lost between 1-2 MPG over my Michelin Symmetry tires.

I've had them for a little over 6000 miles so I can't really comment on tread wear yet.

-Dusty-

2006 Cadillac DTS Glacier Gold Tri-Coat with 175,000 miles

1993 Cadillac Sixty Special Gold Mist with 185,000 miles

Archived