CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I will never buy another cadillac

TROYBLISS

Had this car just one month, 2000 deville and in that time: rear ac doesnt work, rear windows dont work. one of the doors failed, ac crackles like popcorn, speakers crackle like popcorn, crankshaft sensors need replacing, all kind of service this, service that codes, oil leak, rearview mirror came off and was dangling by the onstar electrical cord, security system failing, interior lights some dont work, i mean EVERYTIME i get into the thing something is wrong. the car feels like its soo fragile and just waiting for the next thing to break and its NOT a isolated thing, a internet search shows that MOST people who have cadillacs say the same thing: nice to look at, but........................ Some people may not like me for posting this but i have 1st amendment rights. truth is truth. gonna get rid of this thing and get a pickup truck, seems the only thing american manufacturers take the time to get right.

Had this car just one month, 2000 deville and in that time: rear ac doesnt work, rear windows dont work. one of the doors failed, ac crackles like popcorn, speakers crackle like popcorn, crankshaft sensors need replacing, all kind of service this, service that codes, oil leak, rearview mirror came off and was dangling by the onstar electrical cord, security system failing, interior lights some dont work, i mean EVERYTIME i get into the thing something is wrong. the car feels like its soo fragile and just waiting for the next thing to break and its NOT a isolated thing, a internet search shows that MOST people who have cadillacs say the same thing: nice to look at, but........................ Some people may not like me for posting this but i have 1st amendment rights. truth is truth. gonna get rid of this thing and get a pickup truck, seems the only thing american manufacturers take the time to get right.

Hmmmm... Remember, you bought a 9 year old car with unknown history. What do you mean "one of the doors failed"??? Speaker crackle is common with any car after that many years - especially one from a southern climate. My STS came from North Carolina and one of the rear speakers buzzes - I will have the speaker rebuilt for $40...

Remember, internet searches always exaggerate the negatives - for every one you hear with problems, there are hundreds that are trouble free.

All three of my Cadillacs have been very reliable and have not cost any more to maintain than any other make.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I currently own four of them and they are all great cars and I love them with very few problems. I also own a $120K mercedes SL if you want to own a car that's expensive to operate, try one of these!!! I'm thinking somebody saw you coming and was glad to see you going - with the car that is. Now if you owned one of the early diesels or or an early 4.1, I would have some simpathy! I'd offer to sell you my chevy pickup but it is currently in the shop!

The issues you have listed are well known and are pretty easy to fix. Most of them are not specific to Cadillacs exclusively at all. Just search other makes forums. Be patient! This forum can help you a lot and will save you $$$$ if you do not mind to turn wrenches.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

you bought a 9 yr old car and the rear view mirror came off? what are the odds? codes this and codes that? pretty vague. did you check to see if all windows operated when you bought the car? how did you check for oil leaks before you bought it? checking your parking spot AFTER you have parked there for a week is a good way. did you have the car on a lift to check for oil leaks before you bought it? i bet you had most if not all of these issues before you bought the car, not after.

Okay, good luck.

For those not leaving, I recommend you have a thorough pre-purchase inspection of any used car prior to purchase.

If you don't have a service that does this specifically, often for around $100 your local Cadillac dealer (don't use the one you are buying from if buying from a Dealer) will be happy to do a pre-purchase inspection report. The inspecting mechanic should check all the type of trouble this owner discovered after his purchase.

If you don't want to work on your vehicle, it is a great idea to buy a car still under warranty.

My CTS has barely seen the inside of the local Dealer, but is under warranty for 2.5 more years and up to 92K miles or so.

This is because I prefer the drop it off / get a rental car free / pick it up clean and repair school of car problems.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

im getting a lexus next time. look, its not just the mechanical issues, its the cheapness of the materials and build quality also. ive been inside audis, benz, lexus and the quality of the material and build of those cars shame cadillac. i was a cadillac fan back in the 80s, but even then, they had problems.

im getting a lexus next time. look, its not just the mechanical issues, its the cheapness of the materials and build quality also. ive been inside audis, benz, lexus and the quality of the material and build of those cars shame cadillac. i was a cadillac fan back in the 80s, but even then, they had problems.

Good luck on your lexus... be sure to read the lexus forums for a while BEFORE you buy one... from what I have read... they have about the same problems as Cadillac. :D

I had a 1980 Sedan de Ville.... put over 250,000 almost TOTALLY TROUBLE FREE miles on it. With out a doubt... the best car I have ever owned and I have had a few, down thru the years. I got my drivers license in 1958. Thats a little over 50 years ago.

I also had a 1984 Fleetwood Brougham de Elegence... another very, very good automobile.

Posted Image

There are used cars out there with problems and there are used cars out there that are perfect. The car you have now was probably not very well taken care of and things are starting to go bad. The stereo was probably played too loud, windows were rolled down when iced over or some other reason and things like this. I purchased a DTS one day and I was very happy because I thought I got a hell of a deal. Turns out there was a reason for it. It had been abused and had many problems such as yours. I fixed a few of them and sold it to the next guy. It happens with all used vehicles, cadillac, lexus, chevy, whatever. You will get some bad ones and some good ones. It just so happens that your problem one was a Cadillac.

It would be like if you went out on a date with a woman and she was horrible. It doesn't mean that ALL women would be that bad. It just so happened you ended up with a bad one. I'm on my 8th Cadillac and I've had only 1 troublesome one (caused by human abuse) and I did not turn my head the otherway and I don't think you should either. Cadillac is a very fine automobile.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

Your profile says 2003 you are talking about a 2000

Tell us a little history of this car

How many miles

Where did you buy it

What was the car's history, did you run a carfax was this a former rental car?

What was the maintenance history?

How many prior owners?

Why is the fact that the REAR windows not working sucha big fn deal anyway who cares?, I have not had my rear windows down in years. Big family? Dogs?

How did the mirror get RIPPED off with a piece of the windshield attached to it?

Did you fix the crank sensors, we told you the 2000 was KNOWN for bad crank sensors

What is your mechanical experience, if you are not mechanically inclined buy a new car or a less complicated car, truthfully however all cars are complicated at least the Cadillac has an ON BOARD diagnostic system

The reason I ask is because if you are not mechanically inclined this is NOT a good car for you unless you have deep pockets

Good Luck, I looked back at your 15 or so topics and we did try to help you in each instance, but it does not look like you fixed anything.

Personally I don't want to hear it, I am driving a 96 with 122K, one other owner besides me, it has required lots of work, I do it because I love the ride and the luxury features. I don't expect a car to run forever without repairs as it appears you do. I am sure you will be happy with a Lexus, many people are, but keep this in mind, they break down also. When you buy a new used car you need to put money into the existing problems it has. Personally, the fact that your MIRROR came off with part of the windshield makes me think the car was abused.

And do me a FN favor, stick that First Amendment right crap where the sun don't shine. We tried to help you here, this is no way to behave given the time we spent with you.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

How many miles

Where did you buy it

How many prior owners?

Why is the fact that the REAR windows not working sucha big fn deal anyway who cares?, I have not had my rear windows down in years. Big family? Dogs?

How did the mirror get RIPPED off with a piece of the windshield attached to it?

Did you fix the crank sensors, we told you the 2000 was KNOWN for bad crank sensors

What is your mechanical experience, if you are not mechanically inclined buy a new car or a less complicated car, truthfully however all cars are complicated at least the Cadillac has an ON BOARD diagnostic system

The reason I ask is because if you are not mechanically inclined this is NOT a good car for you unless you have deep pockets

Good Luck, I looked back at your 15 or so topics and we did try to help you in each instance, but it does not look like you fixed anything.

Personally I don't want to hear it, I am driving a 96 with 122K, one other owner besides me, it has required lots of work, I do it because I love the ride and the luxury features. I don't expect a car to run forever without repairs as it appears you do. I am sure you will be happy with a Lexus, many people are, but keep this in mind, they break down also. When you buy a new used car you need to put money into the existing problems it has. Personally, the fact that your MIRROR came off with part of the windshield makes me think the car was abused.

And do me a FN favor, stick that First Amendment right crap where the sun don't shine. We tried to help you here, this is no way to behave given the time we spent with you.

BBF BRAVO!!! :yupi3ti:

How many miles

Where did you buy it

How many prior owners?

Mike,

Well said.

Posted Image

Funniest thing I've read on the net in weeks.

1st amendment rights on a private forum ... anywhere else, and a mod would simply delete the o.p's thread and history.

9 yr old used cars are pretty much junk unless they have been well maintained.

The country of origin means nothing ... my current 9 yr old Lexus has needed nothing in the

year that I've owned it ... but, it came with 8 years of fanatical, very expensive dealer maintenance.

I paid a stiff premium after finding the right car ... it was far from the cheapest one I found.

I could've just as easily bought a cheaper Lexus from the dealer auction, and had nothing but problems.

My stepdad will be selling his 2005 Deville in the spring with 180,000 klm's on it ... he's done nothing but brakes and tires.

Unfortunately, he does no preventative maintenance ... oil changes when he thinks of it, and that's all.

This Deville hasn't seen the dealer in years ... which is too bad.

Someone will buy it, drive it for 5 years, and when it throws a code, *smurf* about the build quality.

Buyer beware ... ask for complete service records, or walk away from the deal.

Or, better yet, suck it up and accept responsibility for buying the cheapest Deville in the book.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

.... Some people may not like me for posting this but i have 1st amendment rights. truth is truth.

As for your first amendment rights...On here you AIN'T GOT NONE....

While it is true that you joined this group of Cadillac ENTHUSIASTS, known as Caddyinfo.com...like we all did....

Some one correct me if I am wrong... but, you DO NOT have the RIGHT to be here.

NONE OF US have a RIGHT to be here.

Unless I am mistaken, Bruce owns this forum, he is the ONLY ONE who actually has a RIGHT to be here.

He also has the RIGHT to ALLOW or (if he feels like it)... DIS-ALLOW anyone he wants to, access to the forum.

Go ahead, sell the Cadillac...and get your pickup truck or lexus or whatever you decide it will be in your next post.

BYE....

Posted Image

Funniest thing I've read on the net in weeks.

1st amendment rights on a private forum ... anywhere else, and a mod would simply delete the o.p's thread and history.

9 yr old used cars are pretty much junk unless they have been well maintained.

The country of origin means nothing ... my current 9 yr old Lexus has needed nothing in the

year that I've owned it ... but, it came with 8 years of fanatical, very expensive dealer maintenance.

I paid a stiff premium after finding the right car ... it was far from the cheapest one I found.

I could've just as easily bought a cheaper Lexus from the dealer auction, and had nothing but problems.

My stepdad will be selling his 2005 Deville in the spring with 180,000 klm's on it ... he's done nothing but brakes and tires.

Unfortunately, he does no preventative maintenance ... oil changes when he thinks of it, and that's all.

This Deville hasn't seen the dealer in years ... which is too bad.

Someone will buy it, drive it for 5 years, and when it throws a code, *smurf* about the build quality.

Buyer beware ... ask for complete service records, or walk away from the deal.

Or, better yet, suck it up and accept responsibility for buying the cheapest Deville in the book.

Ted, this was the best piece I have read in a long time. You backed up your statements with fact and direct experience.

Very savvy

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Thanks, Mike.

I meant every word of it

I've owned about 25 foreign cars, and about 25 domestics.

Some new, some used, some very used.

They all had one thing in common ... neglect maintenance, drive 'em like a rental, and pay the price eventually.

If you asked my stepdad about his Deville, he will cheerfully tell you its the best built car in the world.

180klm's, and he's spent virtually nothing ... not even a coolant change.

Ask the poor soul who buys this car from him, in say 5 years time, and he'll tell you domestics are problematic.

There are no free passes when it comes to buying used cars ... look at your own Deville, Mike.

You've spent a lot of money and sweat equity in keeping a 96 in good tune ... your car will likely provide good service

for the next owner. The twin to your car could end up being a money pit ... you have to diligently research the service history.

I think this is why you still own your Deville ... you know the mechanical status of your ride quite well ... sort of the devil you know,

versus the one you don't know.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

That is so true Ted, you are right on the mark. I DREAD buying a new used Caddy and giving up a car that I know very well. It has its faults, but I accept and live with them and in some cases they are on the list to be fixed.

That is so true Ted, you are right on the mark. I DREAD buying a new used Caddy and giving up a car that I know very well. It has its faults, but I accept and live with them and in some cases they are on the list to be fixed.

You know, that is the same reason I haven't gotten rid of our 02 STS. Yeah, it has a few problems, but it didn't when I bought it and I know that thing like the back of my hand and I know that if I fix those few problems that there isn't anything else (major) that is lurky in the shadows and could be a pain. But if I were to trade it in to get rid of the problems, I could end up with much worse problems.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

You know, that is the same reason I haven't gotten rid of our 02 STS. Yeah, it has a few problems, but it didn't when I bought it and I know that thing like the back of my hand and I know that if I fix those few problems that there isn't anything else (major) that is lurky in the shadows and could be a pain. But if I were to trade it in to get rid of the problems, I could end up with much worse problems.

If I recall, you had some rough luck with purchases is that correct?

.... Some people may not like me for posting this but i have 1st amendment rights. truth is truth.

As for your first amendment rights...On here you AIN'T GOT NONE....

While it is true that you joined this group of Cadillac ENTHUSIASTS, known as Caddyinfo.com...like we all did....

Some one correct me if I am wrong... but, you DO NOT have the RIGHT to be here.

NONE OF US have a RIGHT to be here.

Unless I am mistaken, Bruce owns this forum, he is the ONLY ONE who actually has a RIGHT to be here.

He also has the RIGHT to ALLOW or (if he feels like it)... DIS-ALLOW anyone he wants to, access to the forum.

Go ahead, sell the Cadillac...and get your pickup truck or lexus or whatever you decide it will be in your next post.

BYE....

You would be 100% correct!

Your description of this decrepit fugitive from a junkyard leads me to believe you have poor skills where purchasing a used vehicle is concerned. Of course, I could be wrong: (NOT!)

Give it up! You have simply exercised poor judgment where a used vehicle purchase is concerned. Buy a broken Lexus if you wish, but you'll only pay even more for repairs.

Please don't forget to remember your first amendment rights allow you to speak; they don't command others to listen.

I expect you'd look just about right in a pickup truck.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Just for FUN, let's look at the actual text of the First Amendment to the US Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What would the 1st amendment give protection to in this case? A charge of libel, the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image.

Statements made as "facts" are frequently actionable defamation. Statements of opinion or pure opinion are not actionable. In order to win damages in a libel case, the plaintiff must first show that the statements were "statements of fact or mixed statements of opinion and fact" and second that these statements were false. Conversely, a typical defense to defamation is that the statements are opinion. One of the major tests to distinguish whether a statement is fact or opinion is whether the statement can be proved true or false in a court of law. If the statement can be proved true or false, then, on that basis, the case will be heard by a jury to determine whether it is true or false. If the statement cannot be proved true or false, the court may dismiss the libel case without it ever going to a jury to find facts in the case.

Had this car just one month, 2000 deville and in that time: rear ac doesnt work, rear windows dont work. one of the doors failed, ac crackles like popcorn, speakers crackle like popcorn, crankshaft sensors need replacing, all kind of service this, service that codes, oil leak, rearview mirror came off and was dangling by the onstar electrical cord, security system failing, interior lights some dont work,

List of things wrong with this car; the only problem is the extent of the characterization: "all kind of service this, service that codes" would suggest a claim that ALL of the possible OBDC II diagnostic trouble codes are or have been active on this car? That seems easily proven false.

i mean EVERYTIME i get into the thing something is wrong.

If things are wrong with the car, and they have not been fixed, then yes, everytime anyone gets into the car something is wrong.

the car feels like its soo fragile and just waiting for the next thing to break

No need to wait, with so many things wrong already. Also, no reason to think that we actually know all the things wrong with this car; other problems may in fact be masked by the ones listed.

and its NOT a isolated thing, a internet search shows that MOST people who have cadillacs say the same thing: nice to look at, but........................

wooops this statement is problematic. Most internet searches will not show this as true.

Some people may not like me for posting this but i have 1st amendment rights. truth is truth.

Not provable, but not defamatory.

gonna get rid of this thing and get a pickup truck, seems the only thing american manufacturers take the time to get right.

"seems" = opinion I suppose, but the second phrase may be defamatory, since it is arguable provable as true or false, and is not true.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Your description of this decrepit fugitive from a junkyard leads me to believe you have poor skills where purchasing a used vehicle is concerned. Of course, I could be wrong: (NOT!)

Give it up! You have simply exercised poor judgment where a used vehicle purchase is concerned. Buy a broken Lexus if you wish, but you'll only pay even more for repairs.

Please don't forget to remember your first amendment rights allow you to speak; they don't command others to listen.

I expect you'd look just about right in a pickup truck.

Now that was hilarious!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmm... Remember, you bought a 9 year old car with unknown history. What do you mean "one of the doors failed"??? Speaker crackle is common with any car after that many years - especially one from a southern climate. My STS came from North Carolina and one of the rear speakers buzzes - I will have the speaker rebuilt for $40...

I have my driver door speaker going south, where did you get the rebuild done?

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I have my driver door speaker going south, where did you get the rebuild done?

I haven't had it rebuilt yet but the Circuit Shop in Grand Rapids, MI quoted me $40 to repair my existing speaker with a 2 week turnaround. Their web address is www.circuitshop.com

I keep hoping to find a new one on ebay so I can have the old one repaired without being without the radio, but they changed every year and are different for all the cars.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived