CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Turbo Video

MARK 99STS

Ok guys,

Here is a video of clips we shot. Thanks to Kale for helping me out.

Watch how fast the tach climbs.

I did the pull in 2nd gear starting about 33-34mph and stoped about 6200 rpm.

http://www.nwbassfishing.com/users/mark99s...99sts_turbo.wmv

Enjoy :)

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

OMG! That is incredible!!! You da man Mark! Beautiful job also, Mike

post-2998-1138742005.gif

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That is amayzing you may just have the bragging rights that you have the fastest sts!!!! I cant beilieve how fast it picked up to 70 mph! The speedometre just shot up. If I had the money thats exactley what I would wanna do but i dont.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Man...that is a beast. I am REALLY impressed with that! Can't wait to see the dyno numbers.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Couldn't quite make out the message on the dash...

But definately no Check Engine Light!

Do you, (can you) drive it with the bumper in place?

And nice job retaining both Fog lights too!

Freaking Amazing!

I would love to see a loose rundown of all of the parts you have into her so far...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Freaking Amazing!

I would love to see a loose rundown of all of the parts you have into her so far...

The message, at least the word in the middle looks like CLEAR. The rest I can't make out either.

Just don't park that car in New York City, those bumpers will get smashed up in no time at all. Nice job.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Maybe

"CLEAR THE RUNWAY"

"READY FOR TAKEOFF"

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Freaking Amazing!

The message on the dash says "clear all codes". We had a problem with a 0101 code from the MAF when we were tunning it so we kept it up to clear it, but that is resolved now as you can see. NO codes!!

The bumper will go back on as you saw in the video and will look completely stock and be totally stealth.

God help the unsuspecting.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Mark-

There isn't much to say that has yet to be said, and yet I feel obligated to post. That car is amazing, and it looks totally driveable. It gives a fella a good feeling knowing that thing is prowling the streets. Too bad the intercooler won't get air flow during domestic driving, but it doesn't look like you need it ;) . Man, I'm gonna' have dreams about this tonight.

Way to go!

--Ben

Too bad the intercooler won't get air flow during domestic driving, but it doesn't look like you need it ;) .

Actually the intercooler will get plenty of air, as we designed it to sit exactly behind the license plate cover. We cut out the plastic behind the cover as I don't run a front plate anyway. The cover can be kept on or when it gets hot I can take it off and reveal the intercooler. It looks cool and is totally functional.

As I have been driving it more, it is amazing to me just how drivable it is considering how much power it has. It is actually quieter now than before the turbo with the Corsa as the turbo acts as a muffler to a degree. If you notice on the video how quiet it is on the inside compared to how loud it screams from the outside. Now it is really whisper quite at cruising.

I used to use "the wife test" on any mods in the past. If the wife didn't notice anything different, I was good to go. Unfortunately I have crossed way over that line. Actually she is pretty cool with the whole thing and glad to see me again as I have spent every extra hour for the last month and a half working on this thing, but the payoff was well worth it.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Good job Mark! Looks like fun! Is that your every day driver?

It's not my daily driver, but it is our trip car.

Where ya going...the moon????????

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Oh. My. God....

Too funny... watching the in-car video when the hammer drops, I said "Jesus!" at the exact moment the person shooting the video does.

That is a thing of beauty. Well done, sir!

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

[

It's not my daily driver, but it is our trip car.

It sure is a trip car! What a TRIP!

Mark, Congratualtions! Your project is quite impressive.

Please be careful! An extra blip of the throttle can get you off track pretty quickly!

Mark, I noticed you had slicks on there. Have you tried it with regular all season tires yet? I bet you get rubber through 3rd gear. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Assuming the engineers at Northstar view that video, I wonder what the engineers at Northstar must be thinking right now?

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Mark-

For whatever it's worth I've watched the last half of that video like 20 times. I was curious what the figures are as far as air mass and boost values are at this point in the tuning game. From the sound of things you are getting INSTANT boost. Man, if there are two things I love it's turbos and Northstars. This is a dream come true for me, just to be able to watch a low res video of it. Thank you!

--Ben

Archived