CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Turbo Video

MARK 99STS

Mark-

For whatever it's worth I've watched the last half of that video like 20 times. I was curious what the figures are as far as air mass and boost values are at this point in the tuning game. From the sound of things you are getting INSTANT boost. Man, if there are two things I love it's turbos and Northstars. This is a dream come true for me, just to be able to watch a low res video of it. Thank you!

--Ben

When I hit it at about 3000rpm, it hits almost max boost in less than a second. It's like a nitros shot, but no refills required!!

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

All I got to say is Hot Rod Power Tour.. Show some of those "oldies" what new classy power looks like. Might see me and my friend in our STS's...

http://hotrod.com/eventcoverage/113_0601_power_tours_2006/

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Mark, I noticed you had slicks on there. Have you tried it with regular all season tires yet? I bet you get rubber through 3rd gear. :)

Jason,

I just put stock tires back on and I can turn them at 50mph in 2nd gear. Kinda of scary, but freakin AWESOME!!

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

Didn't make it to the dyno this weekend due to the winter storm. Will try again as soon as the weather breaks.

For those that were asking, here is a basic list of components.

Traction control relay setup to switch off traction control

62:1 Turbonetics turbo

255 walboro fuel pump

piggyback computer

wideband 02 sensor

after market billet fuel rails with AN fittings and braided stainless lines

16 guage T-304 stainless for all exhaust and pressure piping coated with black silica ceramic

Turbosmart 38mm wastegate

Aeromotive 1000 boost referenced adjustable pressure regulator

Raptor blow off valve

High flow CAT

Intercooler

LS-6 MAF

2 bar MAP sensor

42lb injectors

guages

Plus other miscellaneous items

For anybody that is serious about doing this, we can provide the basic kit, but the routing and placement of components would have to be customized for each make and model unless it was the same under the hood as a 98-99. As you can see from my pics and the video, we had to do some serious "modifications" around the headlights and front bumber assembly and brackets to make it fit. Ideally we would need to have the car brought to us for about 3-4 weeks and could provide a complete package. The tunning alone would take 3-4 days. As far as cost, Jim and I are working on that and hope to have all the figures this week. Unfortunately, this type of undertaking does not come cheap.

You can PM me for mor details.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

A supercharger could also be done and would be cheaper than a turbo as our fuel system and computer setup would work just as well and you wouldn't have to redo the exhaust. It's just that a turbo is much more efficient and with this setup, you'll get a lot more power than any supercharger. You probably would be lucky to add 70 wheel hp with a supercharger.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

When you come up with cost and stuff I will need to do, please let me know, because Im very interested in the modifications. You did a great job. By the way what gear are you in when you show the dash in the video. Thank You, Jason

I will get you a cost as soon as possible. I did the pull in 2nd gear.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

EXCUSE ME WHILE I JA** OFF !! THAT WAS THE SH**!! MAN KICK A** JOB!!! YOU ARE THE CADDY MAN!!!!!IF YOU EVER GET ANYMORE ON TAPE PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US.....

:blink::blink::blink:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

EXCUSE ME WHILE I JA** OFF !! THAT WAS THE SH**!! MAN KICK A** JOB!!! YOU ARE THE CADDY MAN!!!!!IF YOU EVER GET ANYMORE ON TAPE PLEASE SHARE IT WITH US.....

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Archived