CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What the h**l is this plug for??

manowar77

I found this plug hanging loose in the in the trunk next to the RKE module...there are one module missing there and after checking out compnines diagrams it says that the Theft deterrent module (circuit interrupt) p/n 16158276 are supposed to be there!

But the modules with p/n 16158276 that fits Seville 1995 doesnt have this plug connection..see attached file 16158276.htm for the module!

The previous owner have taken this module out when he installed an aftermarked alarm module that has interrupted the cars security system..and i would love to get the original module that fits there again, but the 16158276 module doesnt have this connection....and i dont know what fits to it!

I have ordered a p/n 16158276 module from a yunkjard on Ebay that the seller named "Theft lock module", he couldnt show a pic of it but it came off a Cadillac Seville 1995! If it isnt the right module i will return it!

Im loosing my hair here soon...anyone can help me with this problem?

Roger Martinsen

I got an answer from a junkyard here in Sweden that this is the plug for the module for electric heated frontshield! This was clearly an option that very few cars had! Anyone heard of this?

Roger Martinsen

I knew the heated windshield sometimes has an extra plug under the hood, in the engine compartment, but I didn't realize it would also have a plug in the trunk.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi Bruce!

I am missing the Theft Deterrent (circuit Interrupt) module next to the door locking module so i assumed that this plug was for that, but the plug for the TDM must be hidden somewhere in the trunk...i will look for it when i receive the module i bought on Ebay!

The previous owner have attached some kind of aftermarket alarm module that were connected to the heated frontshield plug and removed the TDM that im missing!

Clearly they didnt know what they were doing when they connected an alarm module to the windshield plug!!

Roger Martinsen

I got an answer from a junkyard here in Sweden that this is the plug for the module for electric heated frontshield! This was clearly an option that very few cars had! Anyone heard of this?

The heated windshield option was rare - it was a special windshield that could melt 1/10 of an inch of ice in less than 2 minutes. The heated windshield has been discontinued.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I knew the heated windshield sometimes has an extra plug under the hood, in the engine compartment, but I didn't realize it would also have a plug in the trunk.

That is the first thing I thought of also

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The connector may be a Metri-Pack 280 (going by 16 contacts in two rows, and the 1997 FSM example on page 8A-202-10). I don't see one listed that seems a likely candidate for being where you see yours, and there are over 100 pages of connectors in my FSM. Looking at the trunk area of the Remote Function Actuator (RFA), which performs the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) functions on page 8A-201-41, there is no theft deterrent module there.

In my 1997 FSM, section 8A-133-0, Theft Deterrent Systems, there is no separate theft deterrent module shown. It's implemented as functions in the instrument panel cluster (IPM) and body control module (PZM) with data passed over the CAN Class 2 network. Sensors include the ignition key register pellet (resistor, or chip on later models, or even RFA on keyless start models), door jamb and trunk/hood switches, tamper switches, and VIN checks on various modules including the integrated radio chassis (IRC) module. On my old Gen 1 OnStar, a serious problem like a broken window would shut off the phone and silently call OnStar, who would call me, and with my permission track the car via its on-board GPS and keep the cops appraised of its location and speed. I don't know if they could stop the engine on that early OnStar but the could flash the headlights, honk the horn, and unlock the doors, which would make a would-be thief pretty conspicuous and vulnerable.

I don't think you are missing a module. I think that if you ordered some part for the theft deterrent system, it's part of the instrument panel assembly. Anything you order that has anything to do with the theft deterrent system must be programmed with the VIN of your vehicle to match all the other modules or your car is not likely to start, and if it does it will set a code, at a minimum.

I don't see a Metri-Pack 280 (or other 16-pin connector) anywhere near the RFA module. I looked at the CD changer and the cellular phone circuits too. I did see a Metri-Pack 280 in the cellular system (FSA page 202-10 and section 8A-153) but it is C312 and listed as located at the "Right hand of the passenger compartment, near the door pillar." And so, I conclude, you are not missing any modules.

I think that the most likely use of the connector would be for a different radio. There are a number of different radios available and they all use different connectors.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My thinking is... that plug is part of the ADDED ON aftermarket ainto-thrft system that was removed from the car.

The extra plug for the anti-theft system was not removed.

Posted Image

The module that are circled on the pic are missing in my trunk, the screwholes there are empty! I do have the door lock module p/n 16223632 and the Theft deterrent Paskey II module p/n 88964942 are there!

This exploded view are for the 95 STS but in my case i dont seem to have the plug for this module..i havent checked if its hidden somewhere but i will take a look when i receive the module!

The module i bought on Ebay came of an Cadillac Seville STS 1995 with p/n 16158276 that are the one circled in the pic!

Roger Martinsen

I tried looking it up in a '94 service manual. Lots going on back there.

A '97 service manual will not work. The complete harness changed for OBDII.

In that area I see..

Keyless entry module.

Theft deterrent module.

Heated windshield control module.

Door lock relay.

1994 service manual. Page 8a-201-68.

If tis helps the Wiring and RKE setup completely changed for 1996-1997, and again for 1998-2001, and up therefore a 95 is nowher ever similair to a 96 or 97

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived