CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strange Thing I discovered today

princess

I want to restore my car to an almost prestine showroom finish. The only faded or worn part of my exterior are the "badging".

So I called my local dealership to just get a price on new emblems\badges and was informed that they dont come from the factory gold?
Now, I meet the couple who previously owned my car and I really cant see these people going to anyone and saying can you make my emblems gold....

I thought the "gold package" was a Cadillac option? or am I mistaken... if so that poses another question...where to get them? since my dealer only seems to sell the standard silver ones.

or is the part dude mistaken?

Mine is a gold package also. But I do not think anything is available anymore.

Mine has all gold wreaths, gold hood ornament, gold grille badge, gold trunk lock surround, gold keys. Love the little touches lol.

Good luck with the dealer, if it is over 10 years old they will look at you weird because your car is ancient. Trust me I go through it all the time

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Mine is a gold package also. But I do not think anything is available anymore.

Mine has all gold wreaths, gold hood ornament, gold grille badge, gold trunk lock surround, gold keys. Love the little touches lol.

Good luck with the dealer, if it is over 10 years old they will look at you weird because your car is ancient. Trust me I go through it all the time

Yeah. I only get my car parts online because I'm so tired of all the annoying "know it all" staff. But then again, who orders new floor mats to a 12 year old car?

Have you tried this page? They have many OEM parts. www.gmpartseast.com

LOL ill be honest.... I dislike online shopping im an instant gratification kinda girl....... LOL

Yea, I know how that sounded but ill just leave that right up there anyway

Good point because even my keys are gold didnt think of that whilst on phone with him....

Great! 1st experience with my dealership and there wrong.

But ill try the website you stated.

But certain things I try and go to dealer for at times

A lot of little things were left to aftermarket people to support small business and were sold through the dealers. The dealers usually don't carry aftermarket premium accessories for models that aren't on the lot anymore. The parts department may or may not be able to get them, particularly for older cars. An example that I ran across with my car is the premium center covers, with the gold Cadillac wreath and painted Cadillac coat of arms. Cardio Doc on Wheels carries those and may have some of the other items.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

OK, so I shouldnt be to harsh on them in that case because the emblems were probably done just has you stated ......

that does sound better than there confused

The gold ornamentation was not from the factory in most cases - the dealers electroplated the emblems while on the car. I would ask a dealership to see if they still do that.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Interesting.....

If ima do all this extra stuff I might has well go ham crazy on redesigning them ....pink and gold...

The gold ornamentation was not from the factory in most cases - the dealers electroplated the emblems while on the car. I would ask a dealership to see if they still do that.

How would you be able to tell the difference? By the RPOs?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

How would you be able to tell the difference? By the RPOs?

I would think there'd be an RPO code for factory gold ornamentation.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There is no RPO for aftermarket dealer-installed items. They aren't carried by AC/Delco Parts. The dealers and their parts departments may or may not be able to get old parts from the vendors. If you really want a premium aftermarket, call more than one dealer. Or, send a message to Cardio Doc on Wheels. They may be able to tell you where to get something even if they don't carry it themselves.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Nice! Before I paid that, there would have to be some sort of mechanism like the modern Rolls-Royce in which the hood ornament would drop down below the hood. lol

Archived