CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I need some buying advice!

aster

Hi guys,

I'm new here.. The reason I've joined this forums is that I'm looking for a new car and I need your opinion. I'm interested in a new CTS.. This is the specific version: http://www.cadillac.com/cts-sport-sedan.html a 3.0L V6 RWD.. You're probably a little biased towards Cadillac, but I'm also looking for some Bimmer alternatives. What would you guys advice?

Looking at the link description (the text that is seen in the post, not the actual link it points to), I think the OP meant this: http://www.autocomparison.com/new-cars/2012/Cadillac-CTSsedan/. Maybe (s)he pasted the wrong link first, and then only edited the description by mistake.

Anyways, I just learned a new word: bimmer (BMW car, I must admit I had to google it).

I would narrow it down to three or four based on price and options, then visit the dealerships with ear plugs firmly installed and look at the models I was interested in. Then, I would go home, narrow it down to two, and make phone appointments to test-drive the two that I wanted. Then, arm-twisting aside, I would go home again, and make my decision in the morning. At that point, I would use KBB.com and similar sources to get the right price to offer for exactly what I want, then find the car online. Then, I would make the deal on the phone, then visit and inspect the car and its window sticker to make absolutely sure that all my desired options were included, but none that I did *not* want included, and complete the deal.

Two things of general importance: Get the car loan arranged before you go to make a deal; you will get a better payment and less stress that way. And, beware of being pushed to take a car that doesn't have your specific options and color, or that has options that you don't want.

And, take a look at the CTS coupe with the 318 hp 3.6 liter DI VVT engine and six-speed automatic transmission. I love the look of the coupe. Practically speaking, the two doors makes for a slightly lighter car, and helps to avoid the "lets all get in your car" syndrome.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

To the OP; if you're considering the BMW 3 series give the Cadillac ATS a perusal (you won't be disappointed). If you are tending more to a 5 series, then the CTS is what you might also consider (size wise, and especially the upcoming '14 CTS).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Looking at the link description (the text that is seen in the post, not the actual link it points to), I think the OP meant this: http://www.autocompa...llac-CTSsedan/. Maybe (s)he pasted the wrong link first, and then only edited the description by mistake.

Anyways, I just learned a new word: bimmer (BMW car, I must admit I had to google it).

can you unlearn the bad words? :glare:

Hi guys,

I'm new here.. The reason I've joined this forums is that I'm looking for a new car and I need your opinion. I'm interested in a new CTS.. This is the specific version: http://www.cadillac.com/cts-sport-sedan.html a 3.0L V6 RWD.. You're probably a little biased towards Cadillac, but I'm also looking for some Bimmer alternatives. What would you guys advice?

I'm happy to hear you have interest in the CTS. A test drive is strongly recommended if you wanted to get a more personal feel of the car. The CTS with the 2.0L V6 RWD engine has an estimated 270 @ 7000 HP with MPG right around 17 city/27 highway. Features will vary per trim: Luxury, Performance, and Premium. If you have any product questions, please let us know. Have a great weekend!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

But only 24 MPG on a 3.6 V6??? Seems like a V6 should get better mileage than that. I get 28 from my 4.6 Northstar V8. Hell, I get 23 in my Fleetwood Brougham with a 5.7 V-8...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

But only 24 MPG on a 3.6 V6??? Seems like a V6 should get better mileage than that. I get 28 from my 4.6 Northstar V8. Hell, I get 23 in my Fleetwood Brougham with a 5.7 V-8...

I only average 21 to 22 highway mileage... 17 to 19 in town.

Posted Image

I only average 21 to 22 highway mileage... 17 to 19 in town.

I think you drive a little bit faster than I do. :D Also, you car is the performance edition which gets less MPG than the base.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived