CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anyone Have Problems With Enviromentalists?

Texas Jim

I'm no doubt wrong, but I'm left to wonder to which political party these folk belong. Probably the one claiming rights for all that espouse only their beliefs; the rest be damned! No, of course it couldn't possibly be. Certainly I'm wrong again.

Yeah... you are probably wrong... but on second thought.... maybe not. :D:D:D jk

I am normally not much of a betting man, but I would bet I can guess, what the party beliefs would be, if we took a poll of them. :D:D:D

Ya think ?!?

Yep.

Posted Image

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep.

Certainly a man of few words! :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Yep.

Certainly a man of few words! :D

My old Grandpa once told me...don't waste anything.

Words, energy, food, whatever.

Don't stand up if you can sit down.

Don't sit down if you can lay down.

:D:D:D

My Grandpa was like that also. I wonder if we're related.

Oh yeah, we're Americans. Yeah, that's it! We can actually get stuff done.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Some time ago, I passed someone on the highway between Portland, OR and Astoria. Well after I completed the pass, the oncoming car (not the one I just passed) flashed their lights and then tried to shout at me as I passed (I was prolly doing 65 or 70). I couldn't figure out what the heck they were all upset about. Later, I figured it probably because I was driving the way they didn't like.

Similar thing happened to me in a small Oregon town on the coast. I missed my turn so I continued to the next block and turned right at the next stop light into a sort of parking lot. I flipped around and came back to the light. I stopped at the stop light, wanting to turn left. A moron drove up to me and started to yell. My windows were rolled up and the stereo was turned up. What I did was completely safe (turn off the road into a parking area to make my turn-around), but he didn't think that was within reason. Anyway, I couldn't hear what he said and I just took off.

Yes, they are odd.

Wanna see something completely KOOKY? You're gonna drop off your chair after you see this.

<a href="http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/15394/" target="_blank">http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/15394/</a> :huh:

They are crying for dead trees.

To understand these people, you have to realize they live in a fantasy world.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Indeed it takes someone who lives in a fantasy world to come up with that.

TWO GALLONS PER HOUR limit? Where the heck did he come up with that? He probably lives in a mild climate with favorable terrain.

What if there's a huge 50 MPH headwind? What if you have to climb a steep hill? Those of us that live in windy and/or hilly places immediately see the folly of this idea.

If you go DOWN a really steep hill (common in mountainous regions), you can go upwards of maybe 100 MPH and still consume less than two GPH.

Tells you just how IGNORANT he is.

How the heck are they gonna find out you're consuming more than two GPH? If they can find that out from your car in real-time, they can also find out a number of other things like - Did you do a WOT? Are you tuning your radio at the moment? Are you reading a billboard rather than watching the road at a particular time? Did you fail to signal when making a lane change? Are you listening to a radio program with appropriate programming? Did you have your fog lights on when the weather was completely clear? (this is actually a ticketable offense in Europe - if a speed camera catches you with your fog lights on and there is no actual fog, they instantly mail you a ticket).

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

IPB Image

Paid for, no doubt, by a government grant.

Posted Image

Some time ago, I passed someone on the highway between Portland, OR and Astoria. Well after I completed the pass, the oncoming car (not the one I just passed) flashed their lights and then tried to shout at me as I passed (I was prolly doing 65 or 70). I couldn't figure out what the heck they were all upset about. Later, I figured it probably because I was driving the way they didn't like.

Similar thing happened to me in a small Oregon town on the coast. I missed my turn so I continued to the next block and turned right at the next stop light into a sort of parking lot. I flipped around and came back to the light. I stopped at the stop light, wanting to turn left. A moron drove up to me and started to yell. My windows were rolled up and the stereo was turned up. What I did was completely safe (turn off the road into a parking area to make my turn-around), but he didn't think that was within reason. Anyway, I couldn't hear what he said and I just took off.

Yes, they are odd.

Wanna see something completely KOOKY? You're gonna drop off your chair after you see this.

<a href="http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/15394/" target="_blank">http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/15394/</a> :huh:

That video is sick. What is it with extremism in this world? These are people who will vote

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That video is indeed sick...as sick as any other one showing brainwashed, mentally unstavble religious freaks... no offence to regular religious people.

Yes, they are odd.

That video is sick. What is it with extremism in this world? These are people who will vote

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I hope those morons don't reproduce...

But they probably do... a lot.

They probably don't believe in birth control or for that matter ANY control being placed on THEM.

After all, they are the self appointed leaders of EVERYONE.

Watching THAT ... lends credence to Eugenics. :D:D:D

Posted Image

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Okay, so they want to get rid of suburbs. So, they want to force people to live in high-crime and polluted city centers or whacko communes.

Yup, you're all right, they want us to live how THEY dictate.

I have a bumper sticker that a friend made for me - "Your Prius Offsets My Cadillac - THANKS!" and has a picture of a balance scale with a Prius on one side and an STS on the other. I needs to actually put it on my car.

Indeed Environmentalism is a fully-established religion. The big difference is that it receives funding from the State.

IPB Image

I have a bumper sticker that a friend made for me - "Your Prius Offsets My Cadillac - THANKS!" and has a picture of a balance scale with a Prius on one side and an STS on the other. I needs to actually put it on my car.

LOL... That great... gotta pic?

Jonah

Here is the bumper sticker:

http://www.gyan.com/cadillac.jpg

Oh man that is great!

cadillac.jpg

I want to get some small pieces of clear Lexan (avail from Loews and Home Depot for about $2) and quickly construct a little thing to which I can affix this excellent bumper sticker. It would then sit on the rear shelf facing out the rear window.

I don't know exactly how I'm going to construct it, but it should be really simple and cost maybe $3 total. I imagine it will look like a low-profile book-end.

I will also be able change out bumper stickers from time to time.

IPB Image

Might I suggest that this would work on a large magnet that could be applied and removed from the trunk lid or quarterpanel?

vistaprint.com will let you upload your own artwork and print onto a door magnet or large rectangular magnet.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

That sounds like a neat idea.

What I was thinking about really doesn't cost anything. Once you make this, the cost about five cents every time you want to change bumper stickers and you won't have to wait for it. Plus, it stays inside the car (or you can just take it inside your house), so it won't get ripped off.

Cheap, simple, easy.

IPB Image

Yes, just mentioning that they offer an easy and quick way to produce with low nonrecurring.

Here is a 5"x4" magnet I ordered:

caddyinfolargemagnet.png

to see how they turn out. The dashed line is part of the design template and won't be on the final.

I also ordered some post cards with the logo from the Caddyinfo Cadillac blog on one side and an invitation on the other.

caddyinfo_ctslineart640.jpg

Oh -- to stay on topic, darn people who feel they have the right to infringe on the rights of others.

We have a Prius and a Cadillac. I'll have to share the theory with my wife about how her Prius cancels out my Cadillac's carbon foot print, just like how our voting works.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I love it. It's amazing how rabid the Environmentalists are. Many of them are sooo kooky. At least it's entertaining!

IPB Image

I really like the bumper sticker..Where do I place my order! :P

We have a lot of this in Sweden too. A phenomenon I like to refer to as us (9 million people) saving the world by taking the bus or walk to the work..using car-pools, buying "green electricity" (produced from wind-mills". If we all should die tomorrow it wouldn't even be noticed from an eventually global warming point of view...

We also recieve 10% af all the worlds refugees..if we did receive refugees according to our population we should receive about 0,15%...

When I try to point that out in e-newspapers on the net I'm always refused since my beliefs are not politically correct..don't get me started on this.. <_<

It seems like everytime I'm passing someone on the road I'll always end up doing a WOT because the retard that's been driving at 40 mph for miles suddenly finds the accelerator and tries to prevent me from heating up the earth or making the ozone-layer thicker or whatever. When I finally pass them, they flash the lights, tailgate and sound the horn...

It seems like everytime I'm passing someone on the road I'll always end up doing a WOT because the retard that's been driving at 40 mph for miles suddenly finds the accelerator and tries to prevent me from heating up the earth or making the ozone-layer thicker or whatever. When I finally pass them, they flash the lights, tailgate and sound the horn...

Jan,

Thats the same thing I ran into on my recent trip to the west coast of the US.

Sometimes called the LEFT coast. :D (for obvious reasons)

The thought has crossed my mind... the next time someone does that to me...if there are no other cars to create a danger... to just slam on the brakes and... STOP...QUICK...REAL QUICK... RIGHT THERE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD... get out and ask them... "What is your problem?"

I have not done that ... "YET"... :D bit I am sure tempted to.

When I do pass one of the idiots... I try to time it so the HP Northstar is right at 6000 to 6500 RPM as I pass the drivers window. :D Let them hear what a GOOD CAR sounds like, not like the little cracker box piece of junk they are driving.

Sorry for the rant... they irritate me. :D:D

Posted Image

Archived