CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lost the Great White Shark My '06 DTS

Texas Jim

It was nicknamed that because the license plate is GSW :) . My garage caught on fire yesterday and is pretty well completely burned. The '06 Performance Sedan was in the garage. I am waiting on the ins guys now. Can no longer live in the house because the breaker box is in the garage and it burnt also, so the power company cut the wires coming to my house.

Will try to post some pictures when I have some time. Right now things are pretty hectic. :)

Posted Image

sorry to hear that, always a shame to 'lose' such a fine automobile, especially when you were still getting to know it :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Wow Jim!

I'm sorry to hear of the losses. I assume everyone is fine?

Thanks for asking. Yep, we are ok. I happened to be home and got the darling wife out ok. Waiting on the insurance guys now. Need to be at work but ..... oh well. They will have to wait for a while. I have more important things to do right now. :)

Posted Image

Thanks for asking. Yep, we are ok. I happened to be home and got the darling wife out ok. Waiting on the insurance guys now. Need to be at work but ..... oh well. They will have to wait for a while. I have more important things to do right now. :)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine how difficult that would be...at least everyone is OK. I hope your insurance company is fair with you.

Mark

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

I am sorry to hear this Jim, possessions can be replaced people can not, glad everyone is ok.. Good Luck, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Wow Jim!

I'm sorry to hear of the losses. I assume everyone is fine?

Darn the luck,

Well as far as work goes..

Retire or go into business for yourself.. B)

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

darn! I am so sorry to hear that Jim! Just another screwball life threw at you huh? Was the garage attached? I'm so glad no one was hurt. That's the most important thing!

There's usually a reason for everything. Look at the bright side. There had to be something about that car or garage you didn't like that your replacement won't have, right? ;) If my garage ever caught fire, I'd be crushed. Not from the Caddy as much as all my tools and toys in there. But my garage is not your typical garage. Was there much else in your garage?

darn...where did that word come from? That's not what "I" typed... :rolleyes:

Glad no one was hurt - the DTS and garage can be replaced - any idea what started the fire?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Sorry to hear of your disaster.

I just hope you have fun shopping for & buying a new car and building a new garage to your specs on the ins. co.s money. Hope you had a low deductible.

Gotta look at the bright side....

OUCH! Sorry to hear this Jim, but very happt to hear everyone is ok. I guess the good thing is that being so new you should get pretty close to full replacement value. Hope you make out as well with everthing else. Any idea what started the fire?

First, I would like to send a big bunch of Texas "THANKS" to all of you guys even if some of "You Guys" are girls.

I really appreciate all of the thoughts and best wishes from all of you.

They think the fire started from a wall plug that had nothing plugged in to it.

Of course I will be car shopping in a couple of weeks, after my garage gets close to being finished. All advice is eagerly solicited. I have been wondering about trying to get another "06 or maybe go back a year and get an "05. I could save a lot of money by doing that. But then again, an "07 might be what I need. Whatever year I get, I hope it runs as good as the 06 Performance Sedan I had. The performance and handling with the Magnetic Ride and Stabilitrac are fantastic as I learned last weekend. :)

When you are not paying attention, run up on your exit going about 30 MPH FASTER than it is safe to exit and like a fool exit anyway. Then you see that it is one of those with a sharp right turn as you exit, then a sharp left back on to the service road of the interstate and the left half of the pavement has been patched at least a dozen times and is VERY rough ... You are expecting great dramatics, tire squealing, rough ride, car skidding/hopping to the left as you go over the real rough part. You hit the brakes ... start making your turns ... and a few seconds later you are going down the service road wondering ... "What happened? THAT was easy" Wife Honey just barely looked up and that was from the extra g-force from the turn not from bumps in the road or tire squealing or car sliding around like it almost surely would have with a lesser Automobile than a Cadillac.

Long May They Reign :)

Anyway, thanks again for your concern for me, my family and the Cadillac.

Posted Image

my next door neighbor had his attached garage burn down several yrs ago. he had 2 cars in the garage and 2 more parked about 3 ft away. all 4 burned as you would expect. it took the insurance co. 5 months to haul away the cars!!!! no cadillacs though.

Archived