CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Preview 06 DTS

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...slim&sec=latest

DETROIT (AP) - Cadillac enthusiasts will get an idea of what the brand's newest model will look like when President George W. Bush rides down Pennsylvania Avenue on Thursday.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

One of the most ugly cars to come out of GM let alone cadillac in a long time......

I really hope E&G makes a nice billit grill to replace that GIANT Escalade grill.......someone should spit on that car.......my hopes have been let down...

dts01.jpg

dts03.jpg

I guess it's all a matter of taste. I like the look. It looks "American". I don't want us to look like imports. We need USA jobs. We need to get back to auto dominance.

What I can't comprehend is this trend toward RWD. Does anyone who lives in the snowbelt really believe this is better? My STS goes through snow like a DOT plow truck. I see Lincolns and Grand Marquis stuck all over the place! These cars can't get out of their own way in the snow even with sandbags in the trunk. I also see BMWS heating up their trannys on hills except I think their traction control keeps them from "toasting" it.

Anyway, being a chrome 'Afficionado" the grill gave me a "heartwarming." Also liked the cornering lamps.

Oh well, as us Italians say, "Sauseech his own." :P

I like it to they just need better wheels on it other than that it looks pretty nice. Personally I like that grill it gives it a more aggresive look!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

One of the most ugly cars to come out of GM let alone cadillac in a long time......

I agree! That is UGLY. Can anyone say Edsel? The rear looks good though.

I love the look of my 97. Aggresive but still American. Im sorry they went away from that sharp angluar look.

The bigass emblem on the back is hot to. THe front end is ok, the cornering lamp and foglight I think are pretty darn nice as well. The grille... ummm, I'm sure it will be fine.

I posted this right at the same time as tmpafford, so , i am agreeing with the others previous to that post... I like the car, I'd like to see the whole production version.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Mixed thoughts for me right now.

I'll announce the verdict when I get a full screenshot and in person.

I'm right on the middle of the fence with GM's new generation of Cadillacs. <_<

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

The back end looks like an Eldorado. So far, the back end looks pretty good to me. I'll reserve judgement for the front until I see it in person.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I really enjoy and respect reading all of the opinions based on the photos by Bruce Nunnaly (thank you).

I guess this proves that being a car designer back in Detroit "ain't an easy job."

I'm an older guy, 63, retired at 58 because I could. My concept of cars is based on my childhood ( I used to race my '58' Bonneville Tripower and rebuilt the engine and transmission more than once, always believed that "three twos" were better than "two quads" on a big block). I used to eat up the Dodge "Ram inducteds" on a daily basis. Of course, things were different then, you could rebuild an engine in a "long" day. No electronics. Tranneys were easier (unless you had to do the crankshaft too.) The main bearings were always a problem. If they were bad kiss your torque converter goodbye.

Those were the days when the US was the boss in cars and speed. Probably why size matters to me. You either like a car or you don't. Those that I don't I just don't talk about. Those that I like I like to see improved as time goes on.

That is why I don't care for what Cadillac did with the STS. My STS, at 300 HP, has power to spare. If you gave it more HP it would go faster. Why reduce the size?? Where can you legally go faster than you now can? How many who buy these cars take them on to a track in competition? It's an illusion as I see it. I'd rather have the size, space and comfort along with the power.

Having a fast, spacious and comfortable car is a luxury. I'm not going to race every car that stops at a traffic light. But if I have to pass an annoying driver on the highway with a limited space I do want the power to do so. I like sedans with some size and heft and enough interior room to accommodate my larger body. Also the larger size makes me "feel" safer regardless if the crash tests prove it out.

I'd like to see the US car makers do their own thing. Forget about copying the imports. Ask the "customers" what they want and then build it. If it works, let the foreigners copy us. JMHO. :P

Interesting, huh. Isn't this a completely 'custom' built vehicle? I presume it has been made in an undisclosed location, from undisclosed materials, has unbeliebable undisclosed performance a regular deville may not accomplish, weighs in at 2x its competitors, uses an undisclosed powertrain, will get serviced by undisclosed individuals......all to provide the utmost security and comfort to our very disclosed president in the most dangerous places of travel. I may be wrong, but I bet the only 'normal OEM' parts on that car may be an ornament or decoration. LOL, and I bet it has limited-slip!

I really hope E&G makes a nice billit grill to replace that GIANT Escalade grill.......someone should spit on that car.......my hopes have been let down...

dts01.jpg

dts03.jpg

Look at how dirty the tires are!! Wash that car!! LOL!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

What kind of tires does that limo use? I assume they're a "nail guard" type tire, but only much more so? I'm glad to see him ride in a Cadillac vs. a Lincoln. I wonder how badly the two companies fought over this deal...who gets to provide the inaugural ride. In most motorcades, you see Cadillacs and Lincolns...wonder how it came to be Caddy got the nod for this trip?

RWD huh? Is that a live rear axle or still an IRS? What a lot of custom engineering! Are all W's limos RWD, or just this '06 preview limo?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

l...who gets to provide the inaugural ride.

Monica!!!!! :lol::P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

What I can't comprehend is this trend toward RWD. Does anyone who lives in the snowbelt really believe this is better? My STS goes through snow like a DOT plow truck. I see Lincolns and Grand Marquis stuck all over the place!

Too many people are listening to overpaid automotive journalists, that's why. In the '60s and '70s, FWD was great...it was a novelty. Now that everything's FWD, RWD is great because it's a novelty. Whatever they can spew to sell magazines.

People claim that all the European cars still use RWD, why can't we. Last time I checked, a good many of them ARE FWD...including VWs, Volvos, Peugots, Fiats, etc. There are only a couple "big names" that are sticking to RWD, like MB and BMW, but I'm sure that's only for "prestige".

They both have their advantages. On the track, it's no doubt RWD is superior. How often do I drive my car at its limit? During the winter and rainy weather, it's no doubt FWD is superior. I can count on one hand the number of times I've overextended the FWD platform on my Seville and wished I had RWD. However, it'd take me more digits than I have fingers and toes to count how many times I've been thankful to have a FWD vehicle. Even living in a southern climate, I much prefer FWD to RWD given the circumstances that I drive under 99.9% of the time.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Marika,

I have to second what Jason said about FWD/RWD. One advantage to a RWD (perhaps) is a transmission has to be cheaper than a transaxle should a replacement be warranted.

I defiently chuckled at your comment regarding the "inaugural ride". i read the other day where it was noted that the Clinton's (Bill & Hill) were nodding off during the Reagan's furnal. It was said if Ronnie would of seen that he would of replied: " Hummm ... looks like the Clinton's are sleeping together again"!

Jim

Also,

I do like the split tail pipes better than the single large one on my STS. Does anyone know if the Deville ( I prefer the angled cut) style tips will bolt right up on a Seville?

Jim

I'm not sure someone can correct me but I'm pretty sure that you have to weld them on I don't know if that what you mean by bolt. But thats the way they are put on my 94 they are welded right on and I was looking to get the chrome ones that why I know they must be welded.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

The grill does give it that Piranha look doesn't it. Sure beats looking like a Manatee. The most powerful leader of the free world riding around in a sea cow? Not with my tax dollars. Besides it's really all about the technology just under that nifty facade. But what a facade it is. Look closely at the grill emblem. Looks like it melds right into the rest of the grill. Unlike the one on my 94sts which looks flimsy by comparison. Bet it would take more than a rock to dislodge that puppy. And check out the tail lights. Notice how there's a gap between where the light ends and where it meets the trunk.... smart. Not that I would want my production Caddy to look like this one but it does look sharp for a ...... tank.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived