CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New 1991 Fleetwood Brougham

Bruce Nunnally

Interesting auction on ebay for a 1991 Fleetwood with 24 miles (twenty four).

Guy bought a new Cadillac in 1991 and put it into storage, holding it for these 18 years to sell.

02-front-angle.jpg

13-driver-position.jpg

Stickered at $36K, and now the bidding is at $28K, with 1 day left to go. I am surprised the bids are that high.

The car has the trailer towing package, which came with the 5.7L V8 instead of the standard 5L V8.

window-sticker.jpg

The car has never been titled; it was put straight into storage.

Putting a car like this on the road would be a challenge. Cars really do 'best' when driven. Although the car is brand new, not everything benefits from sitting in storage for all these years, and special care will have to be taken if the vehicle is to be used and not just kept as a museum piece.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Jay Leno, where are you? :scenic:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Very nice car - The d'Elegance leather seating option was the nicest interior that Cadillac or any car had in my opinion.

I wonder why the original owner ordered the car with the trailer towing package but didn't get wire wheel covers or the genuine wire wheels? The 5.7 engine was available with or without the trailer package starting in 1991. In 1990, the 5.7 engine required the trailer package.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Very nice car - The d'Elegance leather seating option was the nicest interior that Cadillac or any car had in my opinion.

I wonder why the original owner ordered the car with the trailer towing package but didn't get wire wheel covers or the genuine wire wheels?

My 1984 Fleetwood Brougham had the d'Elegance package.

I agree...that was a fantastic interior.

The most comfortable seats I have ever had in a car.

Wish my DTS had seats like that.

I too was kinda wondering why it didn't "AT LEAST" have the wire wheel covers.

Posted Image

I wonder why the original owner ordered the car with the trailer towing package but didn't get wire wheel covers or the genuine wire wheels?

I too was kinda wondering why it didn't "AT LEAST" have the wire wheel covers.

As far as the seats are concerned. I have noticed that the simpler the seats the better!. You can have six way adjustable seats and never get a position you are really comfortable with! Or is it just me? :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

As far as the seats are concerned. I have noticed that the simpler the seats the better!. You can have six way adjustable seats and never get a position you are really comfortable with! Or is it just me? :)

It's just you. :D:D:D

Just kidding with you.

But I don't know.... I kinda like the multiple adjustments on seats. :D

I am starting to get a little old and I have a bad knee and a bad hip.

When driving long distances, I like to sometimes move the seat forward or back a little... or maybe move the front of the seat up or down... just so my hip and knee have a different position to be in.

Doing that, I don't have to stop near as often to get out and stretch my legs.

Posted Image

I think dual power seats should be standard in all Cadillacs, with an option for sliding and reclining rear seats.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

Read this story of a 85 Iroc Z-28 with 4.3 miles and "still in the wrapper"

complete with all the factory crayon inspection markings. This car was

found stored in a trailer in NJ.

It has been a NO sale on flea-bay and a big auction house at around $25k

or so. Stories and links here:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/history-...-mile-iroc.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/26/ebay-fi...ur-miles-mulle/

ebay_85_iroc_580.jpg85_iroc_ebay_05.jpg

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Maybe if they would clean that Camaro up and show that the paint isn't all jacked up it might be an easier sell. This is uncharacteristically redneck of me, but I'd love to have that car. Even better if it was a Trans Am GTA.

Yeah - I wondered why they didn't wash the car too... I am amazed at the number of people who sell a used car and don't bother to clean it out and wash it. To me, it shows how they take care of the rest of the car.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think that getting the years of dust off that factory paint job without abrading the finish would be a mission impossible for any but some kind of expert that I would need time to identify. If the shipping wax was buffed off, as it is at the dealer before the car is displayed, that dust is caked right into the paint surface. Perhaps that is why they didn't tackle that before showing the car, perhaps they felt that its time-capsule elan was enhanced by leaving it as they found it. In any case, I expect that this car is going to need a buff and polish job after the wash.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Guys.....If you follow the links to the story of this car you will note that this pic is from when they pulled it out of the storage trailer it sat in since 1985. It has since been carefully cleaned and shined up with all the factory wax crayon inspection marks carefully preserved.

The factory wrappings have also been left on the interior as well as the front chin spoiler has never been installed.

Remember this car has 4.3 miles. As in less than 5 !

The new owner also has located a set of NOS Iroc wheels and installed them.

Pictures of this process along with the auction info are in the links in my other post.

ME? I already have a old Z-28 of that vintage.........YAWN!

I would rather have that nice Bro-ham instead!.............LOL!

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Archived