CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It's gone!

JohnnyG

Yep, 2008 Diamond White, Lux III DTS, Shale Tehama is setting in the Germain Cadillac showroom with a "Reserved" sign on it!

Anyone interested in the Diamond White '99 STS can contact the dealership starting tomorrow 3/29/2008 around 1 PM.

They are in Columbus, OH. All service records are in the glove box.

www.germaincadillac.com

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Congratulations Johnny!

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Johnny,

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my 2006 DTS Performance Sedan.

If I can be of any help answering questions about the new one... let me know.

Posted Image

Thanks guys! Man, this car can eat up the miles, it's like sitting in your living room watching the world go by!

I'm not real comfortable with all the things it does for you, like send you an e-mail if it's not performing correctly. That one blew my mind.

Or calling somebody when you tell it to, or the turn-by-turn directions through OnStar (better than nav)!

The cooled seats also came as a surprise, not the fact that they were there, but just how comfortable they were when they were on. Even my wife, Queen of toasted buns, like the cooled seats!!

Couple dislikes, the big green target that comes on the dash when the cruise is activated, this is really going to p me off at night, I know it. I don't know if the dash will "go dark" at night like the STS, MAN, I hope it does, that was a great feature for night driving.

I DO like the LED interior lighting, the seats are very comfortable, the peripheral vision is great, and the rear window shade is really handy.

OK, here's my first question Jim. How do I check the codes, or must I wait for an e-mail from my car?

OK, here's my first question Jim. How do I check the codes, or must I wait for an e-mail from my car?

The only way for YOU to check the codes is buy a code reader. BUT....

Push the OnStar button anytime and they will run a remote diagnostic on it for you. If anything is wrong, they will then call your local dealer and make an appointment for you to bring it in to be fixed.

Put the OnStar number in your cell phone. It is hard to lock your self out of the car but it can be done. Don't ask how I know. :D

Don't forget to register on WWW.MYGMLINK.COM There are some pretty neat things there. PDF files of all of your manuals, including the Owners manual and the NAV manual. Any recalls on your car will be posted there. Your complete maintenence history from the dealer is there etc etc.

Posted Image

Thanks guys! Man, this car can eat up the miles, it's like sitting in your living room watching the world go by!

I tell people that and they don't believe me. :DIt will cruise so easy at 90/100.

I'm not real comfortable with all the things it does for you, like send you an e-mail if it's not performing correctly. That one blew my mind.

Or calling somebody when you tell it to, or the turn-by-turn directions through OnStar (better than nav)!

It sends you an e-mail once a month telling you the air pressure in your tires, your mileage, the OLM reading and if anything is wrong that needs attention. Or when something malfunctions.

The cooled seats also came as a surprise, not the fact that they were there, but just how comfortable they were when they were on. Even my wife, Queen of toasted buns, like the cooled seats!!

I like those very much. Did you try the Massaging Lumbar support? It is adjustable Up and Down and In and Out, PLUS it will massage your back while you drive. :D

Couple dislikes, the big green target that comes on the dash when the cruise is activated, this is really going to p me off at night, I know it. I don't know if the dash will "go dark" at night like the STS, MAN, I hope it does, that was a great feature for night driving.

I haven't noticed it bothering me... YET. But I don't use the cruise much. If I am driving cross country... I DRIVE IT. Don't want to let my attention wander at high speed and have a disaster happen.

I DO like the LED interior lighting, the seats are very comfortable, the peripheral vision is great, and the rear window shade is really handy.

All in all I really like my DTS. It is a really great automobile.

Posted Image

Congratulations, JohnnyG!!! I have seen Germains adds on Autotrader and they do have some good deals. I hope you have many long happy miles in it.

JohnnyG,

The dash DOES go almost dark...including the Cruise icon.

Took mine out for a drive and checked it. I knew the dash would darken, but I didn't know for sure about the cruise icon as I use the cruise very little.

The little button just below and to the right of the BIG light switch... gently push it in.. it will then pop out about 1/2 inch. That is your brightness control for the dash.

Posted Image

Thanks guys for all the replies, especially Texas Jim for all the hints and tips! I'm certain the you are correct Jim, I think this car would cruise very nicely at 100 or maybe a little more.

Two more things and I'll shut up...

What tire pressure works best for a DTS like this? The owners manual says 38 PSI, which surprised me as being quite high. My STS did like 36, but they are two totally different cars. The dealership has them has them set at 30. I figured the dealer wanted the car "cushy" as it went off the lot, but I'm absolutely certain that 38 PSI would be good for at least 2 mpg. I just don't want to degrade the ride by setting the TP too high.

And finally, the salesman sent me two rear roof pillar emblems, and a note telling me that he ordered a "Heritage of Ownership" badge. I saw a car in the showroom with the roof pillar emblems and told him that I liked them, he picked that up and sent me a set! Nice guy. Anyway, does anybody have them installed on their car? I'd like to see a picture of them so I can locate mine correctly.

Thanks guys for all the replies, especially Texas Jim for all the hints and tips! I'm certain the you are correct Jim, I think this car would cruise very nicely at 100 or maybe a little more.

Two more things and I'll shut up...

What tire pressure works best for a DTS like this? The owners manual says 38 PSI, which surprised me as being quite high. My STS did like 36, but they are two totally different cars. The dealership has them has them set at 30. I figured the dealer wanted the car "cushy" as it went off the lot, but I'm absolutely certain that 38 PSI would be good for at least 2 mpg. I just don't want to degrade the ride by setting the TP too high.

And finally, the salesman sent me two rear roof pillar emblems, and a note telling me that he ordered a "Heritage of Ownership" badge. I saw a car in the showroom with the roof pillar emblems and told him that I liked them, he picked that up and sent me a set! Nice guy. Anyway, does anybody have them installed on their car? I'd like to see a picture of them so I can locate mine correctly.

JohnnyG,

I would look at the manual again about the tire pressure. 38 seems WAY HIGH to me. I think, on the Luxury model, you will set off the TPMS at 38 or just a hair over.

My tires are rated for 44 but the only time one has been that high was when I had a flat fixed and the kid aired it up to that.

I would start at 32 all around and go up a couple of pounds at a time till I found what the CAR liked. :D Every car will be a little different.

I run mine at 34 front and 32 rear. Long high speed runs they will build up to 36 or 37 front and about 34 rear. Makes the ride a little harsh but makes it handle a lot better than 30 all around .... which is what the little sticker on my door panel says.

I need to mount my latest Heritage of ownership badge on mine also. The new ones look a lot different from the old ones. MIne is a 12. :D

What do you mean about roof pillar emblems? That sounds interesting.

Posted Image

The roof pillar emblems are small Cadillac crest and shield, 2.5 inches across at the widest part, slightly oval shaped (Very nice) which are self sticking (peel 'n stick). They go on the roof pillar, the wide one nearest the rear window. They are a dealer customization option, I think from the Vogue customization part of this dealer. These are the guys that put on the aftermarket wheels, tires, fake convertible tops, and such. There was a VERY nice Black on Black DTS on the showroom floor with aftermarket wheels, Vogue tires, black fake convertible top, and a few other things parked next to mine when I picked it up. It was tempting, but the dealer added options were around $6000.00!

Yes, STSS, on the outside, on the wide painted rearmost roof pillar. They look real nice actually. I applied mine today, not the easiest decision (the exact placement) but my wife helped me decide. Not exactly the easiest things to get on straight either I might add, but I did a pretty respectable job I think. I'll get some "after" pictures maybe tomorrow. Forget the before pictures, I couldn't wait that long!! Beside, we all know what they look like before.....just plain, painted, roof pillars.

Sorry, had to get the Dodge ready for trip to Louisville KY (I know, Dodge truck on a road trip, Caddy Lux III in garage, what kind of sense does that make???) I'll be gone for a couple of days but promise pictures when I get back.

Archived