CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Warren.... what happened with Ms. Baby?

The Fred

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Warren! Glad you picked this one up, black on black nice! Good Luck with it! (I am always nice by the way, LOL).

Can't wait to see your impressions of it....

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The Eldorado is gone. Warren, did you buy it?.....Rob

A big, "You're Welcome"!

I'm thrilled for you.

After the dust settles down, we'd all love to hear about your

driving impressions, condition of the car, etc.

Ebay photos certainly are vague, even when there are 82 pics.

Congrats, and best of luck with your purchase of this increasingly rare car.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

The pictures look great. Is the color Dark Cherry? My 1997 is that color, and I have found it very rare.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

After the dust settles down . . . .

Ah yes, after the dust settles down . . . . I am completely ascaired (?) of owning a black car. When the dust or the rain settles, I'm afeared the "dust weasels" will rear their ugly heads! I expect I'll soon have my own monogrammed coffee mug at the local (brushless) car wash. No kidding!

When I owned the white Lincoln I often wondered how the pigeons knew to crap purple on a white car. Friends who owned black cars wondered how those dirty flying rats knew to crap white on a black car. Scientists, no doubt, are wondering also.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The pictures look great. Is the color Dark Cherry? My 1997 is that color, and I have found it very rare.

No Jim, it is very black. I'm kinda worried about that . . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

You may very well find that the black paint on your new car is no more difficult to care for than your previous black carriage top.

Nothing out there looks as sweet as a waxed black Eldo with chrome rims.

A nice light tint, and you have yourself a show car ... I'm both envious and

happy for you.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

happy for you.

I expect you're right. I don't, however, want to spend my lunch hour wiping the car. Don't laugh! A co-worker of mine used to do that to his black Acura. Daily. We watched and laughed.

Interesting you should mention the tint; that's high on my list. I'm just worried that the local gendarmes might not find it so attractive. A little sinister looking, you know?

CRAP! I don't even yet have the key in hand. What am I worried about?

Thanks again,

Warren

Posted Image

Congrats on the new ride!

Not trying to dishearten you, but I had an Impala SS that was black and I told myself never again. Black is beautiful when clean, but butt-ugly when dirty. And dirty it will get...very easily! Black cars are for people who like to detail their car - constantly. I used to be into that when I was younger, but not anymore. If you are, then you can't beat black, as it's the prettiest color clean. Do you have a garage? If not, any bit of rain or dew even and off to the car wash you'll be. My garage was full of junk when I had the Impala, so out in the driveway it sat. My garage is clean now for the Caddy....I wished I had made room for the Impala though.

If you do wipe it down on your lunch break :rolleyes: , I hope you Don't plan on wiping it down dry or using a wet rag only....the dust and dirt particles will scratch your finish if not rinsed off with a stream of water first. Black will show scratches and swirls very easily. I mention this because I see people all the time wiping down their cars with only a bucket of water and a wet rag...

I agree, the tint is a must! Ziebart tinted my last 3 cars and I was very impressed with their work and quality of tint. It all depends if the installer at your neighborhood Ziebart dealer is experienced and takes pride in his work. Look at some of his work first!

Have fun with your new ride! You'll just be at the car wash a little more is all. But when it's clean, you'll be turning heads!

happy for you.

I expect you're right. I don't, however, want to spend my lunch hour wiping the car. Don't laugh! A co-worker of mine used to do that to his black Acura. Daily. We watched and laughed.

Interesting you should mention the tint; that's high on my list. I'm just worried that the local gendarmes might not find it so attractive. A little sinister looking, you know?

Thanks again,

Warren

I know it will be high maintenance, but I want a black on black with dark windows (legal limit). Great look, lots of work....

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

happy for you.

Thanks again,

Warren

I know it will be high maintenance, but I want a black on black with dark windows (legal limit). Great look, lots of work....

Ziebart will not exceed the state max on tint, and their tint is plenty dark for me. I tinted my back windows darker and it looks great! The back windows darker makes the whole interior darker, especially with my black leather interior.

happy for you.

Thanks again,

Warren

I wouldn't worry too much about the black/black color. It looks like there are plenty of people that would like to have it if you don't want it.

My '94 SLS is black. It cleans up very easily. I am not a "detail freak" like some people are. I bought the car to drive, not occupy all my spare time!

Good Luck with the new "Baby".

Britt

Britt

As far as wiping the car down occasionally between washes goes, I am a big fan of Meguiar's Quick Detailer. Spray it on and wipe with a microfiber cloth. The spray lifts the dust and dirt from the finish so it doesn't scratch when you wipe.

Charles

Charles

As far as wiping the car down occasionally between washes goes, I am a big fan of Meguiar's Quick Detailer. Spray it on and wipe with a microfiber cloth. The spray lifts the dust and dirt from the finish so it doesn't scratch when you wipe.

Charles

Wouldn't the dirt collect in the cloth, and possibly scratch the finish?

Haven't had that problem with the microfiber cloths...they pull the dirt deep in the fibers...again, this is just a between washings suggestion...not a totally dirt-encrusted car...kinda like when dust settles on the car.

Charles

Charles

This isn't a trivial problem. Typically I avoid excessive washing and wiping car finishes because it just isn't good for them. When I get a wash job, I use a really good automated spray-it-off car wash and a chamois wipe-down to keey that new-car paint job. I don't have a good answer for those who drive their car every day and still want a stunning clean appearance all the time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hmmm, it seems yer getting alot of help with finding it !!! :)

Michael-

Yes, and all that help was *HUGELY* appreciated! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I was very close to simply buying a road beater just to get by on. Instead I have a fine one to drive for awhile until I pull things together and look for what I really want.

I hope you didn't take offense with regards to that "young Skywalker" comment; it was meant as a joke. :)

With this new one I suddenly have a much greater appreciation of your "Armani suit" reference.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

happy for you.

Thanks again,

Warren

I wouldn't worry too much about the black/black color. It looks like there are plenty of people that would like to have it if you don't want it.

My '94 SLS is black. It cleans up very easily. I am not a "detail freak" like some people are. I bought the car to drive, not occupy all my spare time!

Good Luck with the new "Baby".

Britt

Yes Warren, I want it! LOL.... How do you like it? What are the differences between this one and baby? Is she quick? Any problems? Mike

I had the pleasure today of meeting Warren and seeing his new Black on Black Eldorado. Not only that, Warren let me drive it!

The car is very clean even the engine bay. The engine sounds really tight, and its much quieter than mine. I really like it. It gets up and goes (even though I didn't get on it too hard, heck Warren was looking, LOL) and acceleration was seemless.. It cruised smoothly at 70 and the suspension was tight with no bump induced noise. This was a good find! Good Luck with it! Thanks for letting me drive it, I got the bug now to make a change!

Warren, here is a product that should remove the adhesive:

http://www.3m.com/Product/information/Adhe...ax-Remover.html

I had the pleasure today of meeting Warren and seeing his new Black on Black Eldorado. Not only that, Warren let me drive it!

The car is very clean even the engine bay. The engine sounds really tight, and its much quieter than mine. I really like it. It gets up and goes (even though I didn't get on it too hard, heck Warren was looking, LOL) and acceleration was seemless.. It cruised smoothly at 70 and the suspension was tight with no bump induced noise. This was a good find! Good Luck with it! Thanks for letting me drive it, I got the bug now to make a change!

Warren, here is a product that should remove the adhesive:

http://www.3m.com/Product/information/Adhe...ax-Remover.html

In a like fashion, I enjoyed the pleasure of meeting Mike (BodybyFisher) this afternoon. You may rest assured he is every bit the same gentleman you've seen online.

Despite Mike's disclaimer, I told him he was welcome to "get on it." But he remained a gentleman . . . . Darn!

Also, Mike gave me that hub-center clock we'd seen before. What a gentleman!

Regarding that adhesive thing, here's what Mike was talking about:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/WBuc...mgAnch=imgAnch1

The dealer had reattached that chrome thingy on the rear bumper, but neglected to remove the tape residue. I used "OOPS" from Walmart to remove it effortlessly.

Regards,

Warren

-Converting DeVille owners to Eldorado owners, one driver at a time.- :P:P:P

Posted Image

Mike,

Taking into account you are 6'5" how did you feel in an Eldo? As far as I know there is less headromm there compared to Deville.

Fit like a glove! No sun roof however that gives a little more room I believe. Warren is quite tall also... Plenty of room, I loved the cockpit feel..

Mike,

Taking into account you are 6'5" how did you feel in an Eldo? As far as I know there is less headromm there compared to Deville.

Fit like a glove! No sun roof however that gives a little more room I believe. Warren is quite tall also... Plenty of room, I loved the cockpit feel..

That's good. I think you are seriously consider STS, SLS and ETS as your next ride. I personally lean towards an 2*** ETS.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Fit like a glove! . . . . I loved the cockpit feel..

I smell a future Eldorado owner here!

Regards,

Warren

-Converting DeVille owners to Eldorado owners, one driver at a time.- :P:P:P

Posted Image

Archived