• Once a month
    • Once every season
    • Twice a year
    • Once every year
    • The rain is washing my car

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every Monday, weather permitting (I'm off Sunday and Monday). Complete detail each Spring and Fall. An occasional wax in between.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Every two weeks washed and waxed every 3 months with full detailing of all the gaskets etc. Takes about 6 hours but well worth it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Every two weeks washed and waxed every 3 months with full detailing of all the gaskets etc. Takes about 6 hours but well worth it.

WOW! you detail *ALL* of the gaskets? That's astounding!

Regards,

Warren :D:D:D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

You left out "Whenever I get around to it". That is when I clean my car. Sometimes it will be every week, for a month. Then it will be a few weeks, or a month, before I can get to it again. Interior is always clean, except for the sand / dirt on the floor. Vacuuming happens about once a month.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

You left out "Whenever I get around to it". That is when I clean my car. Sometimes it will be every week, for a month. Then it will be a few weeks, or a month, before I can get to it again. Interior is always clean, except for the sand / dirt on the floor. Vacuuming happens about once a month.

Don

Yeah, lottsa us have difficulty coming up with that "round tuit" thingy.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Not the gaskets on the engine. The door and trunk gaskets.. :lol::lol::lol::P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Winter time it's a 4 minute under body rinse followed by a one minute outer rinse, once a week. The rest of the year she gets washed when dirty and waxed twice a year. Looking good so far. But I have been thinking about waxing those engine gaskets hmmm.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I have a feeling that this poll was posted by someone who lives in California...

It has rained constantly here for the last 35 or so days...

Let me answer the poll this way... I would love to be able to wash my car weekly :lol::lol:

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I have a feeling that this poll was posted by someone who lives in California...

Let me answer the poll this way... I would love to be able to wash my car weekly :lol::lol:

LOL I know what you mean Greg and I'm sure it's much more difficult up where you are. I was being somewhat liberal when I said once a week. It's more like, when the temperature is high enough so the water doesn't freeze on contact.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Winter time it's a 4 minute under body rinse followed by a one minute outer rinse, once a week. The rest of the year she gets washed when dirty and waxed twice a year. Looking good so far. But I have been thinking about waxing those engine gaskets hmmm.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

But I have been thinking about waxing those engine gaskets hmmm.

Of course, we haven't heard from b-bob for some time now, but can anyone remember his specific advice on "waxing engine gaskets." . . . . ??????? . . . . . . ?

Regards,

Warren :D:D:D

Posted Image

Luckily mine isn't driven much, but I'd say it gets washed after driving it 3 times. Michigan is terrible for trying to keep cars clean! My Dad lives in central Florida and can go 4 weeks without washing his black car if it doesn't rain.... now that would be nice... but I'd have to live in Florida - No thanks.

This poll was posted by someone who's living just around your corner :D

And rain (or snow) doesn't stop me to wash my car at least once a week <_<

Not the gaskets on the engine. The door and trunk gaskets.. :lol::lol::lol::P

http://www.zymol.com/seal2.htm try this product. It's what I use. Excellent.

I wash my caddy as often as possible,I have owned it 1 year and 6 days now. I have washed and waxed that used car more times than all the new hondas (4) put together over 9 years.But when it is done it looks sweet! Did I mention I an really regretting buying black?It is snow and cold in Ohio now so the car has not been waxed in 2 months but taken to the self car wash weekly, but it repels water nicely and shines when it is not snow covered

Most of the time I don't even bother since the paint on my car is so gone. The leading edge of the hood has more rock chips than paint....and the trunk lid is almost all scratches. I stil wash it, but I never wax it, because it's just a waste of money. Within the next year or so (provided I still have the car) it will be repainted, with all the little ding pulled out and stuff. Once I get that done, it will get washed everyweekend. Until then..it just doesn't pay. To qoute the guy who owned that garage in the movie Christine...."You can't polish a turd". While I hate to say it...the car's paint is pretty much FUBAR.

Most of the time I don't even bother since the paint on my car is so gone. The leading edge of the hood has more rock chips than paint....and the trunk lid is almost all scratches. I stil wash it, but I never wax it, because it's just a waste of money. Within the next year or so (provided I still have the car) it will be repainted, with all the little ding pulled out and stuff. Once I get that done, it will get washed everyweekend. Until then..it just doesn't pay. To qoute the guy who owned that garage in the movie Christine...."You can't polish a turd". While I hate to say it...the car's paint is pretty much FUBAR.

danbuc, sounds to me like you really like to drive your 98sts, unless it came that way. I can really appreciate that. My 94 requires frequent touch ups to keep her looking decent. She's not going to win any paint finish awards but it's a give and take. I like to drive her hard and often and make little effort to avoid mud puddles and dirt. If I was obsessive about how my car had to look for as often as I drive her....I'd never get anyting else done in my life. The ideal ending to my 94sts would be to hit the 300K mile mark, all hard driven miles, in high salt country and have everything crap out at the sametime. Even have the body collapse as I step out and shut the driver's door for the last time. Then in my old age I could reflect back in admiration and say, "That 94sts was one hell of a car.....and I enjoyed every minute of her existence." It pains me to see a great car fall apart piece by piece....or worse yet just sit. I want it to happen all at once.

"Burns" rubber

I have owned it 1 year and 6 days now.

But who's counting?? ;):lol::lol:

I clean it a lot less in the winter, but in actuality its more important in the winter due to the salt. During the warmer months I wash it once a week.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I clean it a lot less in the winter, but in actuality its more important in the winter due to the salt. During the warmer months I wash it once a week.

Yup, a few days after a snowstorm it's an imperative for me to get to a carwash with a chassis bath.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I wash my car 3 times a week and wax the car every other week. Windows/Wheels/Tires and mirrors are cleaned every day.

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Archived