• At least once a week
    • Every two weeks
    • Every 3 weeks
    • Once a month
    • Once every season
    • Twice a year
    • Once every year
    • The rain is washing my car

I cleaned my '83 Eldo daily. Used to scrub the bottoms of my shoes before getting in and no one was allowed in the back seats. The car was rinsed and dried every other day; "dusted" the days in between; soaped/scrubed/polished on Saturday. The interior was cleaned every Monday. I had small battery powered vaccums and toothbrushes for all the hard to get places. The car was absolutely beautiful. Then one day the 4100 took a crap. Three cracked cylinder walls after overheating. One thing I regret the most in life was giving up on that car. My current 92 Eldo will never compare and I hardly ever clean this one as I did the 83. As a matter of fact, until I fix the waterpump in the 92, it's sitting out in the driveway with about an inch of crud, dirty, and bird crap all over it :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's the kind of care I like to hear about. At least I'm not the only physco here. Your car must have been beautyfull, I know it hurt when the engine went. Sorry to hear that. I felt pretty bad when my 4.9 puked it's guts out. I did not give up, i got another 4.9 for it. It's 2 yeas newer also and man it flys.. I keep it as clean as I can. It's strange, I never see any body else in the lot at work brake times and lunch times cleaning there car. I always get the wise asses passing by and asking me to do there car next. I always think, yah with sand paper!

Archived