• At least once a week
    • Every two weeks
    • Every 3 weeks
    • Once a month
    • Once every season
    • Twice a year
    • Once every year
    • The rain is washing my car

I wash my car 3 times a week and wax the car every other week. Windows/Wheels/Tires and mirrors are cleaned every day.

Do you have time to ever drive it? :lol::lol::lol::P

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wash my car 3 times a week and wax the car every other week. Windows/Wheels/Tires and mirrors are cleaned every day.

Do you have time to ever drive it? :lol::lol::lol::P

No Comment.. Lol

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

My Dad lives in central Florida and can go 4 weeks without washing his black car if it doesn't rain.... now that would be nice... but I'd have to live in Florida - No thanks.

I hear ya. That swamp is no place to live in the dog-days of August!

Regards,

Warren

P.S. My Mom & Dad owned a black car in their Florida days . . . . I can't imagine what they were thinking. Fortunately, they regained sanity, moved north and bought a white Mark III. Well, it wasn't a Cadillac, but . . . .

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Yikes! :o Your gonna wear the paint off of it.

Ummm...Seriously or Sarcastic?

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

Do you drive her? :D

:D:D:D:D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Ummm...Seriously or Sarcastic?

Neither, more like just kidding. Guess I should have added ....... :lol:

Regarding car washing,

Y'all need to move to Nevada... with only 5-7" or precip a year. A 4" rain here is the distance between the raindrops on the windshield. :D

The Big Red Dog is kept in a garage mostly, so the sun can't fade the red metallic (a more common problem here). :)

I might look under the hood every couple months and dig out gravel or tumbleweed/bird/bug parts from the innards. As I recall, the BBob wisely noted that a dirty engine compartment was a "badge of fine engineering" and a testament to how little attention was really required. ;)

We just got back for a interesting trip through some mountain passes where the big rigs and lesser vehicles were pulled over due to the ice/snow accumulation and whiteout conditions at night. Again, the BRD did everything it was built to do; never slipped a tire and went where steered. It got a quick bath to de-ice and back to the house - until the next time it needs to "don the cape".

At a bit over 182,000 miles, I reckon its just getting into its prime. B)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Of course, we haven't heard from b-bob for some time now, but can anyone remember his specific advice on "waxing engine gaskets." . . . . ??????? . . . . . . ?

I think I remember his posts on this subject....

"Northstar engine gasket wax was subjected to extreme real-life testing, in both our GM Canada BRRRRR_Its_Cold Arctic Temperature Test range, and the Sonoran Desert Phew_Im_Sweatin'_My_Ass_Off_Here High Heat Test range. They have been certified to last their entire lifetime. Owners are encouraged to take their gaskets out for a cleaning every week or so. In 1999, the inner gasket clearance between the active frammistat bearing on the #3 intake valve was re-shimmed to .00001" inch clearance, due to a subcontractor error. No reports of failures have been received by GM after this E/C.

"Many owners have reported failures of their gasket waxing, but technical investigations have shown that these owners failed to follow the GM recommended guidelines, by applying wax in a hemispherical manner and wiping off in an anti-cyclonic motion, rather than applying the wax in an anti-cyclonic motion, and wiping off in a hemispherical one. Failures have been rare, however, we should not take the postings on this forum as a scientifically accurate sampling. Many thousands of Cadillac Engine Gasket Waxings have lasted millions of miles, including livery service.

"If you search BMW or Lexus forums, you will find the same Gasket Waxing problems reported there - next time you see a BMW owner, ask him/her about the thermocoupled marselvane sludge problem on the M5 - or the antistatic ambihelical hex nut coming loose on the outboard lumbar adjustment knob. No car is perfect.

"Given the occasional WAT (Wax Application Treatment ), your Northstar gasket wax will last hundreds of thousands of cycles.

At least that's what I think he said...:)

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

Of course, we haven't heard from b-bob for some time now, but can anyone remember his specific advice on "waxing engine gaskets." . . . . ??????? . . . . . . ?

"Northstar engine gasket wax was subjected to extreme real-life testing, in both our GM Canada BRRRRR_Its_Cold Arctic Temperature Test range, and the Sonoran Desert Phew_Im_Sweatin'_My_Ass_Off_Here High Heat Test range. They have been certified to last their entire lifetime. Owners are encouraged to take their gaskets out for a cleaning every week or so. In 1999, the inner gasket clearance between the active frammistat bearing on the #3 intake valve was re-shimmed to .00001" inch clearance, due to a subcontractor error. No reports of failures have been received by GM after this E/C.

"Many owners have reported failures of their gasket waxing, but technical investigations have shown that these owners failed to follow the GM recommended guidelines, by applying wax in a hemispherical manner and wiping off in an anti-cyclonic motion, rather than applying the wax in an anti-cyclonic motion, and wiping off in a hemispherical one. Failures have been rare, however, we should not take the postings on this forum as a scientifically accurate sampling. Many thousands of Cadillac Engine Gasket Waxings have lasted millions of miles, including livery service.

"If you search BMW or Lexus forums, you will find the same Gasket Waxing problems reported there - next time you see a BMW owner, ask him/her about the thermocoupled marselvane sludge problem on the M5 - or the antistatic ambihelical hex nut coming loose on the outboard lumbar adjustment knob. No car is perfect.

"Given the occasional WAT (Wax Application Treatment ), your Northstar gasket wax will last hundreds of thousands of cycles.

I just pissed myself laughing so hard :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Every two weeks washed and waxed every 3 months with full detailing of all the gaskets etc. Takes about 6 hours but well worth it.

Not the gaskets on the engine. The door and trunk gaskets.. :lol::lol::lol::P

Over here we call it "wheaterstripping" :D

I just realized that all the dew that collects (well, completely engulfs) my car in the morning is going to bascially ruin the perfectly good car wash I had today. It's gonne be nothing but water spots, and pollen. At least I've got that Caslifornia Duster thingy....at least it will help (stupid dew...) :angry:

Crap, it's gonna rain tomorrow moring.......figures. <_<

See, I just KNEW I was right about that. :P:P:P

Happily, I have better bladder control than Marika . . . . :rolleyes:

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: Of course, I don't count the diet Cherry-Vanilla Doctor Pepper that just came out my nose! But in which *end* would you prefer a malfunction?

Posted Image

See, I just KNEW I was right about that. :P:P:P

Happily, I have better bladder control than Marika . . . . :rolleyes:

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: Of course, I don't count the diet Cherry-Vanilla Doctor Pepper that just came out my nose! But in which *end* would you prefer a malfunction?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

In all the excitement over Marika's incontinence and Warren's nasal fountaining, I forgot to add my 3 cents worth (inflation, ya know...)

I wash the buggys about 1x per week each, and do a QD maybe every other day or so, depending on the weather. South Jersey hasn't had it too bad yet this winter, lotsa wind and rain lately but no snow on the ground....

The Deville has a coat of Colllinite 476S Double Clearcoat wax about 3/4" of an inch thick, ;) to protect against the crap all over the NJTP and I-295 that Melissa has to drive in. The Eldo has Collinite 845 layered on about 4X, over 3 coats of P21S over Klasse SG. There's so much wax on it that rain doesn't even hit the car - it deflects off about half an inch before impact. :P:D

The insides get 303 and/or Lexol, and Pledge on the wood. Tires get 303. Wheels get Collinite.

Soon as the weather breaks (Mid March?) we do a complete wash, clay bar, and AIO to start all over again. :wacko:

IPB Image

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman

user posted image

twice a day, whenI drive it, in th emoring on the way to work , then either on my lunch break or after work, its a caddy, its gotta be clean. I spend about 30$ a week cleaning it. rain or shine.. it gets washed. I shower everymorning... so should it, lol

probably once a week...just did the caddy last night under the floods...but, here's the big question for those of use who do our own: how LONG does it take for the wash and dry? i can bang out the caddy in under 40 minutes from uncoiling the hose to rinse,wash,dry,and wiping off the hose and a recoiling...with a short break after the washing!! got it down to a science...jackg90seville 99k

It takes me about an hour. In order:

10 minutes scrubbing the tires with Bleche White

30-40 minutes to wash with a bucket and brush

10 minutes washing the wheels/tires with a second brush and final hose down

10 minutes to dry

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

30 Minutes Regular Wash

10 Minutes for Windows and mirrors

10-15 Mintues Drying (I reverse the hose on the shop and blow dry it)

15 Minutes Polishing the wheels

5 mintues on the tires

About an 1 Hour and 10 mintues fir a regular was

About 2 hours for the was and cleaning the inside

and 3 and a half hours for wash and wax

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

The leading edge of the hood has more rock chips than paint....

Sounds like my hood! My front bumper fascia has a LOT of cracks and chips in the paint. There are chips and scratches all around the car. I've put about a bottle and a half of Pep Boys touch up paint on the car and it looks very good (unless you look really closely - polo green seems to be a very forgiving color). I wash it and wipe it down with a chamois about once a week and it always looks sharp. When people ask me about the car's age, they are always surprised when I tell them it's a '94.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the trick for me is to "keep up on it every day". Yes every day with towel in hand I give it a bit of a clean up with some detailing spray, I also clean the rims. Once a week I clean the wheel wells and clear shine the door and trunk seals and put that tire shine junk on and every two weeks a good wax job. Then once a month I clean and treat the interior, leather,wood,carpets and clean the inside of the windows. You would be supprised how fast it goes when you "keep up on it every day". During the winter I get it into the wash building at work and lift it up and clean under it towards the end of the winter. During the summer it is a breez but winters if it is going to be bad weather every few days or so I just rince it down with the soap wand in the wash building at work.

post-2078-1138503777.jpg

Archived