CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

bbobynski w/foot in mouth disease

Guest bbobynski

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/showt...97&page=1&pp=20 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.cadillacforums.com Port 80

I'm getting a message that it's NOT FOUND.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

bbobynski, you are into publically flogging yourself now? LOL.... You probably fixed Yoemans car! Other than going there in person, that was the BEST you could do!! Mike

Bbobynski, OHHH, I just saw page two of the JOHNNY Z thread, KAPOW!! For oil and coolant to blow all over that would have to have been a head no? Or could a rod go through the block? Now I understand why you are flogging yourself! LOL... I didnt before, I thought you were talking about the Yoeman thread.

I am curious what happened to Johnny Z's engine also, Mike

duh......

Read this series of posts and you will definitely question MY credibility. You win a few and loose a few. Trouble is, it takes just ONE aweshit to wipe the slate clean......

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showt...97&page=1&pp=20

I really do NOT feel good about things like this happening.

Too bad the guy can't crate the engine and send it to you Bbobynski, at least you could study it and try to figure out what happened.

From reading the thread it's unclear to me what happened except that the head gasket might have blown and that might have been something that the mechanic caused who had disassembled the thing. I'm wondering if Johnny Z would have drove it without doing a WOT if the engine would have held up, albeit, still making that noise.

Oil AND antifreeze all over the place is not something that happens from a rod or bearing or even a lifter going bad, as far as I know. If a rod blew a hole in the engine, would you also not smell gas? At least a little? Maybe?

Maybe the mechanic f*cked the car on purpose or, assuming he's an honest mechanic, forgot an important step when he was putting the engine back together.

Could the head gasket have been destroyed from the additives, is my other question?

I wouldn't take this too hard, Bbobynski, because without seeing it up close and personal, and without knowing EXACTLY what the mechanic did to the car, there really is no way to know for sure what happened.

If it makes you feel any better, I can give you forty lashes with a wet noodle ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Foot in mouth twice. Not only do I have no credibility with Northstars but I also reveiled my ineptetude with copying a link...not sure why it didn't copy right....

Maybe this will work...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11297

We found it, Bbobynski. You can sit down and relax now.

No one is doubting your expertise and we are all still very confident in your advise and options.

From what I read, and as I previously stated, without you being up close and personal with that engine, and the fact that we really don't know what the mechanic did to it, or whether any additives used in the car rotten the gaskets, there was no way that you would have known.

Don't beat yourself up, dude!! :P

Foot in mouth twice. Not only do I have no credibility with Northstars but I also reveiled my ineptetude with copying a link...not sure why it didn't copy right....

Maybe this will work...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11297

Hey, the way I see it, you helped the guy simplify his dilemma..and ultimately resolve it. You both were in agreement that there was the possibility the motor could go south..in fact it sounded like he was pretty well prepared for it. Now he can see that if that 'tech' will put his money where his mouth was. Anyway you look at it, it may have well needed a new motor...except now it's a certainty... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Don't see a problem with your responses; best advice one can give is what is generally the problem/solution. If we were all cautious we would not post anything much less advice & recommendations to sites like this without full hands-on test results. Every car problem is a balance of cost, effort, and the skills of the problem holder. At Guru's house a problem is either fixable in the driveway or a good candidate to show the other engineers what happened. At my house a car problem is either something the dealer needs to fix, an independent shop needs to fix, or I need to study and work through as a hobby/research project. All problems can be solved with enough money or desire though. As you said, any car is fixable; it's just a question of money and value.

I've had several offers for people to bring their cadillacs over for ME to fix lol. :o

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'm confused as to what your point is, your probably the single biggest factor as to why I visit this site (although I enjoy the camaraderie of all the participants), you have saved me a bunch of money.

If I could ever buy you a beer, it would be a pleasure...

Sounds like you gave good advice. It can be difficult to troubleshoot over the net. SOmetimes there are some important variables that are omitted w/o fault on the part of either party.

Ultimately, it is the owner of the vehicle who has to make the call on which fork to take.

Jim White

As I said before, Bbobynski walks on water!! Look at all the support!! I really hope when we have our get together that he comes to the northeast's location!! Now that we are all together what ever happened to the get together, I already told my wife about it! Bbobynski did you hear about it? Mike

An east coast get together sounds like a fine idea. Instead of "name that tune" we could play "name that fix". I think that it would be real interesting just to have a chance to listen to and perhaps drive similar cars in order to compare and fine tune things. Guru would probably have to bring a designated driver, because if he is a beer drinker I have a feeling that he would not be thirsty for more than 10 seconds with all of the free beers that would be heading in his direction!

I knew it !!!!

Ever since he told me I should change my muffler bearings I've had nothing but problems !

Son of a *smurf* :)

Hey, anybody have a radiator for a '62 Corvair ?. He told me that would cure the overheating issue I've been having.

P.S. Guru, don't sweat it. We are all related to "Murpy" and that stupid "law" of his

...Now that we are all together what ever happened to the get together...

Howyadoin,

Here ya go...

New England Meet

Hey Guru... You went above and beyond trying to debug that motor. I'm a software engineer, and I know how hard it is to debug remotely even over the phone. The ability to explain complex engineering decisions and work through diagnostic methods via a freakin' message board, and be as consistently correct and explain things so a nerd like me can understand them just amazes me.

I feel bad for JOHNNY Z, as do we all. It sucks when a motor blows. (Hmmm.. is that grammatically correct?)

-Rav

P.S. Please read that link about the Lake George meet. I'm sure I speak for everyone that we'd all welcome the opportunity to meet and thank you personally for all you've done and continue to do for the community.

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

We are all related to "Murphy" and that stupid "law" of his

Yeah, no kidding; I married one. My wife told me I'm doomed. So did her mom. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Guru is an ENGINNER! Of COURSE he has no clue about real problems, revolving around real cars, in real shops! HA! HA! Only kidding! Honestly, "Guru" has been more help to me, than the tech support I have. We all make mistakes, and Guru has called me on more than a few of them! Guru is the best source of information I have, and I have much to work with!

Ok after reading this thread I had to join this board to say that Bbobynski is the best we will ever have the opportunity to learn from. How many of us have tried to ask a question about working on your Caddy at a dealership? You get the standard answer, bring it in and we will hook it up to the machine and CHARGE you. Here you ask and you get answers. We must take responsibility for the work on this free advise. I for one wouldn't have had a clue about anything on my new 94 Eldorado but with Bbobynski giving very detailed instructions I bought the manuals and doug right in, havn't had to take it to the shop yet. I found Guru at Cadillac forums and followed over here.

Bbobynski Thank You

Archived