CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New England meet?

The_Raven

Howyadoin,

Just thought I'd send out a trial balloon to see if there would be interest in the spring. Find a picnic ground, line up the rides, swap parts and info, bench race a little, free beer for the person who came the farthest :) ... Maybe in the summer a trip to N.E. Dragway to put the rubber to the road?

Just thinkin...

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

How about posting some more details and directions.... :)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Howyadoin,

Don't have any details as yet... just gauging interest... This wouldn't be 'til the spring or summer.

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Count me in when you're ready...

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

• 1 month later...

Following up on this great idea.

Any more "takers"?

Any more details?

I'm sure everyone would like to do this, just as everyone would like to have the thing in their own hometown. I don't want to highjack this thread, but how about an alternate, more central location....like Marietta Ohio. Nice small river town, no dragstrip, and could probably get the "keys to the city" (and maybe some good hotel rates).

I have been thinking about this since last year when the subject came up. I'd really like to see it happen...wherever it is.

What say we get a few location together and post them as a VOTE thread, that would seem fair to me.

Of course I'll nominate Marietta.

John

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

wanted to do this forever! just never got around to posting, but I'm in GA (near Chattanooga TN) so it would be quite a drive.... <_>

A more central location would be cool. Or maybe two or three meets the same day, at the same time, linked with webcams....lol...just thinking out loud.

it would be so cool to see everybody's rides!!! B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

wanted to do this forever! just never got around to posting, but I'm in GA (near Chattanooga TN) so it would be quite a drive.... <_>

A more central location would be cool. Or maybe two or three meets the same day, at the same time, linked with webcams....lol...just thinking out loud.

it would be so cool to see everybody's rides!!! B)

Perhaps the idea of numerous meets in various locations around the country on the same day is not so far fetched.

Cadillac Day, could even be in part sponsored by Cadillac which would certainly help give a legitimate "ring" to the event and help with the various groups who might need to secure permits and other government documents in various states and towns to allow for the large assembly of Cadillacs and their owners.

Guest speakers from GM and Cadillac, engineers, sales personnel and mechanics from local dealerships, all present to answer questions and give demonstrations.

Even prize drawings might be nice.

How about it???

I went to a Ferrari Tech Day that was just awesome. A Ferrari dealership held the event and the parking lot looked like a basket of red tomatos with all the Ferrari's parked all over the place. Ferrari mechanics and body shop experts were there giving all the owners free technical support on their cars and free inspections.

It's an idea that might be worth looking into.

Marika, That's a great idea. Not that I ever heard of an american car manufacturer doing that, but the idea is a good one just the same. Anybody have any contacts inside Cadillac that might be able to help out with this?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Marika, That's a great idea. Not that I ever heard of an american car manufacturer doing that, but the idea is a good one just the same. Anybody have any contacts inside Cadillac that might be able to help out with this?

Actually, Davedog should get the credit for the initial idea. I just elaborated upon it.

I vote for Lake George, N.Y.

I'm prejudiced, as we have a summer home there.

Great area with lots to do- Tourboats on the Lake, Complete outlet center for those interested (not me), lots of good restaurants and hotels.

Not crowded until first of July, except for Memorial Day weekend.

If you haven't seen it, Lake George is one of the prettiest Lakes in the U.S.

Great drives around the Lake with beautiful views of the Adirondack Mountains.

Glad to take you all for boat rides, but the boat don't go like the STS.

L.G. is 1 hour North of Albany on I-87

Probably about 3 1/2 hrs from Boston I guess

Archived