CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Moving on: a new car has me parting ways!

STS Scott

It has been a while since I've logged into Caddyinfo, school has been demanding all of my attention span for the past months.

Things have changed quite a bit though! I find it hard to believe I am in this position at Caddyinfo,

I would like to say Thank You and Goodbye! I sold the STS in favor of a car I have lusted after since I can remember. I bought a 2000 SVT Contour (yes, a Ford! lol) despite what an excellent, gorgious and fun car the STS has been. Alot of people have said "what made you want to buy a Ford Contour in place of a Cadillac?!"

Well, I can remember riding my bike as a kid to the Ford (SVT authorized) dealer just to see if they had any SVT Contour's in the showroom, and pestering the salesmen for any brochures or pictures they would have of it! lol Sometimes they would have some in stock and it seemed like I would just go over the car for hours. Mind you I could barely reach the pedals...but one day, I would dream.

And I finally that day came! The Cadillac was passed down to me from my parents, to which I grew to love and appreciate it. This SVT Contour feels like MY car, and one I have desired forever. Besides it is one FUN bugger to row through the gears with. SVT really tightened up the little car into a real drivers car.

Maybe that helps to rationalize my "upgrade"!

Anyway, I would sincerely like to express what a great community Caddyinfo is to me. It has given me great laughs, inspiration, assistance, and knowledge over the few years I have participated. Moreover I have enjoyed sharing the same with all of you!

I'll be sure to frequent Caddyinfo, to stay upbeat on Cadillac and it's happenings, after all my Dad still is rockin' his DTS!

Once again, thanks everyone, you're knowledge and assistance has been invaluable!

post-421-1143511875_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

And here is the new SVT Contour, (not my car, a Ford PR photo!) but same colour "Toreador Red with Tan leather int.

post-421-1143512474_thumb.jpg

Scott

And here is the new SVT Contour, (not my car, a Ford PR photo!) but same colour "Toreador Red with Tan leather int.

Gotta buy what you like. Good luck with it, and hope all goes well!

A ford Contour? Good luck...........:lol:

There worse than owning a Cadillac. We work on alot of those. lots of issues !

Michael

Come on guys, Scott's message was nice and sincere. He is a long time member, maybe he will be back one day. Even I once bought a 91 Nissan 240SX and thought it was a fun car until the first rain storm... Good Luck Scott

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Being in love with a Ford... and announce it openly on a Cadillac board! We need such people in military! :lol:

Scott, good luck with new ride! Keep in touch.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Good luck with your new ride. The SVT was the darling of the road testers back during its introduction ... never sold well because of the huge premium over the regular v6, 5spd Contour.

Too bad about the STS ... with your CTS rims, that was one of the nicest STS's I've ever seen. Someone got a gorgeous ride out of the deal.

Let us know how the SVT holds up.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Hey....I am glad Scott left us all a nice message. I appreciate all types of cars including my Caddy. I own 2 Fords a Chevy a VW a Honda a Mitsubishi a GMC truck and my Caddy Seville....so go with whatever you like and enjoy. I like them all. EVERY car has its pros and cons.

Caddynut

2008 BMW 328xi

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2001 Cadillac Seville STS

2000 Ford Ranger XLT
1998 Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible

1996 Saturn SC-1
1991 Ford F-150
1979 Chevrolet Caprice
1968 Ford LTD
1965 VW Beetle "Herbie The Love Bug Replica**

1961 VW Beetle

I had a Pre-SVT 1995 Contour SE V-6 5-speed. I loved driving it, it was just a little short on room inside. They are a very unappreciated car if you ask me. There is a great web-site for them, lots of information provided and not a lot of "bashers" on it. My brother still drives it to work when there isn't snow on the ground. It gets over 30 MPG and still has the original clutch at over 170,000 miles! Good luck with it!

Hey guys, thanks for the support!

Once again, the Cadillac was a fabulous car, but did not touch the "fun" factor that the SVT Contour gushes out. For what it's worth, the SVT guys really did alot to enhance the car beyond the base model grocery-getter. The 2.5L Six puts out 200 hp, which is an awsome power output for it's displacement, and moreover the little six has a growl to it that renders the radio a useless accessory. The first thing every one said when I took them for a spin was " holy does it ever sound mean!" . The SVT engines are hand-built too. The handling is so tight aswell... it pulls a lofty 90g on the skidpad. "Contour.org" is a great little community, if any problems should arise, to get info too.

Actually, regarding the CTS wheels that I had on the STS,

The older man that I sold the car to did not care for them. I put the stock wheels back on the car to sell it, so now the 17's are sitting pretty in the garage, tires and all. When I get some time, I'm going to put an ad up in the for sale section for the whole package.

Anyway, I'm still proud to be driving American iron, espacially something that makes all the Honda-tards take note they are not the only things that go vroom.

You guys can trust I'll always be a Cadillac enthusiast, and frequent the board here!

Scott

That was uncalled for.

Definitely uncalled for. My wife has a Ford and it happens to be a contour....so what. In the past 3-4 years it's required a tranny fluid change, fresh coolant, plugs and wires, lube on the door hinges, and new front springs (replaced under a recall). Not bad for a POS Ford with over 117,000 miles. At least I'm impressed with it's low maintenance quality. When it's all said and done... it's just a car. Nothing more nothing less. If you're going to call someone a name for choosing a car not of your liking then you have entirely too much free time on your hands....Dick tracy.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

[

Cadillac's are for people with class, bud. I suggest you find another car

So true, Scott,

But then you can see the lack of class in the way he spells Concours:

Lurker (1-2 posts)

Group: Registered

Member No.: 3201

97 deville concurs

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

[

Cadillac's are for people with class, bud. I suggest you find another car

So true, Scott,

But then you can see the lack of class in the way he spells Concours:

Did not even spell faggot correctly! Not cool man, at all! Good luck with the car again. Always buy another Caddy later.

Regarding a Ford,

I inherited a '86 Taurus MT-5 from the company in 1990 cheap. I drove it for a year or so before hand and managed to have a cow run into the side of the passenger front fender.

My daughter wanted it (being her first car and all). She learned to drive the 5-speed like a pro after only one crying session. She had killed it about 8-times at a hilly-bumpy stop and jumped out of the car all shook up - because I would not let her quit. After one more "pep talk" in which I said she either drives it now or I sold it - she got back in, swore at it, floored it and burned out like a mad-women (and she really was...)

That car was one tough-reliable ride. It ALWAYS started even at -40F or -40C. I cannot recall spending any thing for repair costs for amost 3-4 years. Keep in mind that there was not much to go wrong with a 4-cyl and 5-speed. I repainted it myself (orange peel deluxe - but lots of it anyway) and sold it for double of what little I paid for it.

It may not have been a Contour, but I agree with the other writer ... that each car maker has its successes and failures.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Bruce, I humbly ask that you exercise your privilage and duty to remove the offensive post and quoted-related references (albiet, all well intentioned). Thank you

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

1998 Ford Contour SVT had a 2.5L DOHC V6 with 195 hp; in 1999/2000 it had 200 hp.

Vehicle type: Front engine, frontwheel drive,

5-passenger sedan

Engine: 2.5L DOHC V-6

Power (SAE net): 195 hp@ 6,625 rpm

Torque: 165 ft.-lbs. (224 Nm) @ 5,625 rpm

Compression ratio: 10:1

Bore x Stroke: 82.4 mm X 79 mm

Transmission: 5-speed manual

Wheelbase: 106.5 ins. (271 cm)

Overall length: 54.5 ins. (138 cm)

Overall width: 69.1 ins. (176 cm)

Overall height: 54.5 ins. (138 cm)

Curb weight: 3,068 lbs. (1.392 kg)

Market competition: Acura Integra; BMW 3-Series; Audi A4; Saab 900

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Market competition: Acura Integra; BMW 3-Series; Audi A4; Saab 900

Thats a shock ! Oh, I'm just watching the news . The avg life for a car they were saying is 8years 150k miles.

Michael -

Archived