CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Upgrade

davedog

My wife and I decided to upgrade to something newer this weekend. Wasn't just the struts going out on the 92 eldo, a lot of other little things, and we just decided we would rather put the $$$ into something else.

Thank you guys for all your help on the Eldorado, couldn't have done it without you all. I know you guys are probably going to 'get on to me' for not just fixing what I had, but my wife and I really like this newer caddy.

I'll post more details and pictures later, but we purchased a:

GM Certified 2005 SRX (V6 model) with 12k. "Red Line" exterior, with black leather interior. I am ver surprised at the power this thing has for a V6. I had been eyeing the SRX for a while, better suits my job, having to transfer computers to and from work all the time.

Hope you all can forgive me for letting the eldorado go. ;)

-dave

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I look forward to seeing the SRX pics on your webpage.

I can't say I blame you for selling a 14yr old car ... it will be nice to have full warranty, no headaches, no $$ surprises.

Having said that, you will definitely miss your Eldo in years to come. You had it detailed to a very high standard, and it looked great with the new rims and late, lamented window tint.

I wouldn't be surprised if you pick up another Eldo in years to come as a cheap toy to tinker with ... perhaps a newer, northstar version.

Did you trade in the '92 or sell privately. How was it handled?

Good luck with the SRX ... nice cars.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

HEY! Terrific, I am very happy for you! Good Luck with it, Mike

What did you do with the Eldorado?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

If you sold the Eldorado, at least keep the Eldo photos on your posts. I always enjoyed looking at an example of how my Eldo should look!

If I were going to buy a station wagon/SUV bodied car, it would definitely be the SRX. In my opinion, it's one of the few really good looking examples of that body style.

Enjoy! ;)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Hey, congrats on the upgrade Dave! I must say I always had a liking to your Eldo too (I can't imagine why!) :P

I'm sure you'll both really enjoy the SRX, and they are head turners too! I'm not sure what the "red-line" exterior is, looking forward to more details! ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Hey, congrats on the upgrade Dave! I must say I always had a liking to your Eldo too (I can't imagine why!) :P

I'm sure you'll both really enjoy the SRX, and they are head turners too! I'm not sure what the "red-line" exterior is, looking forward to more details! ;)

Red-line refers to the exterior color. My parents have a 2004 V8 in Red line. Very sharp looking car. They even added the chrome mesh grill. I highly recommend that as an upgrade. It really makes the car stand out even more.

Congrats on the new ride!!

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived