CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update on 2000 DeVille

PAT38915

Scotty,

I am not directing anything toward anyone (and for the record, anytime I have posted a problem, you have replied and tried to help...every one of my posts!). 

I think all of the "regulars" on here are cool as a fan, I just can;t take the side of a corporation over a consumer.

If I was in that position (at least what I know of that sittuation), I would want to keep fighting too.  I am loyal to Cadillac, but just in the sense of I would buy another one.  I'm sure cracked N* blocks are few and far between, so ideally, GM should foot the bill if there are no signs of extraordinary abuse (especially at 35k miles).  Thats all.

No problem man everyone is entitled to their opinions. After the last election I came to realize that there is bi-polar support for every issue.

That people on this board would back stab me to PAT (according to Pat) is not surprising. Its not a big deal and I don't take anything personal (unless it becomes personal then all bets are off).

Given that I am a commercial real estate appraiser appraising multi-million dollar properties everyday, I must stick exclusively to the facts. The facts always tell you the answer, BS walks.

And the fact is that the warranty is for 4 years OR 50,000 miles which ever comes first! Furthermore and probably a MOOT point, she did not have a warranty, Thanks, Mike

PS: One more thing and I am done with this aggravation, that PAT would think that the old engine is hers is ludicrous, GM takes back the old engine and analyzes it carefully so that they can determine what caused the problem.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS: One more thing and I am done with this aggravation, that PAT would think that the old engine is hers is ludicrous, GM takes back the old engine and analyzes it carefully so that they can determine what caused the problem.

Scotty, how true that is. But, is there really an engine? Hmmmm

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

Hiljak, dont worry im going to keep on going with my problems..i dont give up easily...now as for the previous post wanting to think im a troll, how wrong can you be..i have a case number and all that with cadillac assistant..and personally i dont think cadillac should discuss my case with anyone other than myself..i have called them and so far they say no, they havent talked to anyone other than myself as this is my business and my business only..

hiljak, i bought my car from a friend of mine and didnt buy the warrenty..this is not my first cadillac , but it will be my last, also all my family members and friends that look general moters way...

im waiting on a call from the attorney general..and hopefully i can get more going..dont worry hiljak, ill never stop, i have more time than most people and i can stay on here 24/7 if i wanted to..

id like to thank you very much for your post, but as i told you previously i dont have a warrenty on this car...i realise now that is a big mistake..but actually i thougt cadillac made a better car than this...but as you can see i did get stuck with one of thier lemons..

i have other things going also, and waiting to hear from them...thanks again...and im like you , this is no popularity contest and i dont give a hoot who thinks what of me..ill continue to vent until i get something done..thanks again...pat

Just heard on the radio today at lunch that statisically, Lincolns and Mercedes Benz are now the top two least reliable cars on the road.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

First let me say that I think this board is the best, and I hold high respect for the regulars on here, they have saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars in repairs, and I have learned alot in the past 3 years I've been on this board.

Now my 2 cents, I think that this thread has now stopped being productive. It has been many, many posts since any new usable information has come into play. On top of that, we are drifting closer and closer (down) towards Pat's level with all of this flaming. This board is better than that. IMO it's time to move on.

Just my 2 cents, have a great evening all!

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I agree Dave, but lets not mis-represent what is going on. The term flaming has been utilized a couple of times here. Flaming is a negative term. While I agree that this thread has drifted at bit a times, there is a good central focus, and everytime we do drift or get nasty, either myself or someone else will step in to stop it.

We are a very professional group. However, there is nothing wrong with disagreement if facts are utilized. I think that a few of us get uneasy, nervous and queezy when people disagree, or when there is conflict. It's part of the process. Everything can not be sugar coated and personalities are going to differ.

I am sure that some people love hearing what they want to hear, as you can see above how Pat embraced hiljac, and that is OK, I do not have not problem with that, Pat needs support and hiljac may see something someone else did not. Disagreeing happens constantly here (injector cleaner, tires, plugs, etc).

Some people are even COVERT in their disagreeing and would rather communicate with a person like Pat in PM's and that is OK. They would rather not show their true feelings for fear someone might flame them or dislike them. The types of discussions we are having here can be emotional.

It has become FASHIONABLE to DISLIKE corporations these days and to think that corporations should not make a profit or act in self-interest, and that is pure bunk. I am a huge supporter of GM, MS, Nvidia and Creative Labs. Corporations are in business to make a profit period. The warranty that is provided when you purchase a car clearly outlines the term, what is covered, what is NOT covered and what your obligations are as the owner (maintenance, abuse, etc.). In this instance Pat does not have a warranty, and she admits it, and she further admits it was a mistake. GM does not have an obligation to pay for any repairs as the warranty is fully expired. But some here thing that corporations crap on the little guy and that GM should pay 100% for Pat's engine. That thought is both nieve and uneducated in my opinion, given that there is no warranty. And THAT is where the conflict is in this thread!

Some people are looking for others to support them in their stuggle, and resist facts, logic and reasoning, but embrace bleeding heart supporters, and that's OK.

But sometimes you hear things that you don't want to hear and its not easy to make the news any more palitable by sugar coating it.

I can say this however, when a kind, humble and sincere individual comes here looking for help, they are treated with the utmost respect, and I think we will all agree with that. I myself have jumped through hoops for people and a quick search of the archives will prove that. I will NOT however jump through hoops for rude, nasty, crass, bad mouthing people. Rude, litigious, bad mouthing individuals do not receive as much respect on this board in general, but they still receive our help, opinions and facts to a point.

This board is self-purging, it has been for a long time, problem individuals and trolls eventually leave. We have had many trolls and problem personality types over the last 5 years or so that I have been involved with this site.

So with that in mind I wanted to clarify what Flaming is:

Flaming is personal attacks on other citizens of cyberspace. A flame is the kind of message which attacks not your opinion, but your personality, your looks, your personal habits and your dog's behaviour. In other words flaming has a lot to do with emotional responses, and nothing to do with reasonable disagreement. >>>>THIS IS NOT HAPPENING HERE FOR THE MOST PART!<<<<

This doesn't mean that you can't disagree with people, it would be a very dull discussion if everybody agreed, in fact there would be no point in the discussion at all. But the golden rule is that if you disagree with someone you disagree with the content of their message, you don't descend into personal comments.

Reading some of the posts above, some very personal attacks have been made (like offspring only deserving to be in a circus, etc). I agree with Dave, and I stand by my request from earlier. Let's let this thread die until Pat either goes away or provides some objective data.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I agree that it got personal but for the most part it didn't get out of hand. Everytime it did stray, someone stepped in to stop it. I even sent someone a PM when I thought a statement was over the top. Jason, we are all learning from this and this has been an unusually emotional and charged discussion. There are clearly two camps here. The fact is this IS an emotional topic, if you look this thread has been looked at 1,071 times since yesterday 3/7/2005 at 10 AM....wow

the people looking at this thread, are people that i have referred to this forum...maybe not all of them but most..and as far as my offsprings being

in a circus, my off springs are circuit court judges, working for a top 500 company

that i retired from, a company that has time to listen to thier customers complaints

and knows that the customer is always right, that is if they want to stay in business...now this company is not GENERAL MOTORS..thank God...its a company thats believes in people first...quiet the opposite of GENERAL MOTORS...

Time for me to put on the chest wadders. The bs is getting way too deep in here. Way I look at it is if you can't stand the heat then get out. In other words, you don't have to read this string. Pretty simple. Simple fact is that there is no factual information being posted. Am I wrong??? How many times has that point been brought up??? Are many of us having fun at the expense of a troll parading around as a helpless little ol lady??? Yes. Please, if you're going to champion Pats so called crusade then do us all a favor and read the entire string first. The holes in "her" story are just too obvious......unless of course you're a sucker for the "helpless lady in distress routine". Give it a rest and take the blinders off. Perhaps it would help to imagine pat as a man. Would you still be compelled to feel as sorry? :blink::blink::blink:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I agree that it got personal but for the most part it didn't get out of hand.  Everytime it did stray, someone stepped in to stop it.

Scotty,

Zip it!!!!

Yes Sir! ;)

Scotty,

... that doesn't sound right. With the factory warranty having expired it seems like the damaged motor belongs to the owner of the vehicle, unless this is a condition of the half price offer.

Just courious!

Jim

Scotty,

... that doesn't sound right. With the factory warranty having expired it seems like the damaged motor belongs to the owner of the vehicle, unless this is a condition of the half price offer.

Just courious!

Jim

As i have noted, I have a few friends that are involved with Cadillac and 'historically' mind you, they have shipped the engine back to the factory for analysis. Now I don't know if that will happen here but that could be the reason why they refused to give it to her.

The problem here, is that you aren't right, and GM as well as most people here know it.

Let's look at the facts shall we....

You boguht a used car that was out of warranty, and refused to purchased an extened one.

You discover to your dismay, that the engine block is cracked.

You complain to GM about it, and they offer to pay for half ot the total cost for a new engine.

You get pissed off, because they refuse to replace the engine for free, even though it is out of warranty, and you have no additional coverage either.

You call Cadillac Assistance non-stop, trying to get their attention, only to have them ignore you (go figure).

Then, you start complaing to the dealer.

Finally, you come here and start yelling about how much Cadillac sucks, and how it's not fair that they only pay half of your no "out of warranty" engine.

You still have not told us why the block was cracked, and you have not explained exactly why GM should pay the total cost. All you have said so far is that the block is cracked, GM sucks, and you'll never buy another Cadillac again.

You shoudl consider yourself lucky, that GM decided to cover half of your engine. It is no longer under warranty, which means they owe you NOTHING! It's as simple as that. Your failure to purchase an extended warranty, is your mistake not GM's. The cost of the replacement engine is your responsibility, not GM's. It's as simple as that. I guarantee, that if it was a Ford, they would have laughed at you, and hung up the phone. GM is making every effort they can, to help you, but you can't see past your anger to realize that. All you care about is getting a free ride, which is NEVER going to happen. What do you honestly think the Attorney General is going to do. GM has more laywers, than some small countries have. There is no way GM is going to fork over that kind of money for an out of warranty repair, wothout a fight. You better be prepared for the wrath of GM.

The one thing that bothers me the most abotu this (as I'm sure it bothers other people as well), is the total lack of any real information on the problem. How can anyone help you, if you don't tell us what is wrong. You seriously need to think about what is going on here, and come to your senses. Do you really belive that GM will put up with this crap? HELL NO! They tried to help, and you spit in their face. They made every effort to assist you, and you still call them up, to harass them.

Another question I have, is why you would put all the time and effort, into posting here, when it's obvious your not very well liked. We all know that your attempting to dicredit this site, Cadillac, and GM. It's people like you, that are the problem with todays society. Never willing to take responsibility for anything. You bought a used car with no warranty, now DEAL WITH IT!

Another question I have, is why you would put all the time and effort, into posting here, when it's obvious your not very well liked. We all know that your attempting to dicredit this site, Cadillac, and GM. It's people like you, that are the problem with todays society. Never willing to take responsibility for anything. You bought a used car with no warranty, now DEAL WITH IT!

Give that man a cigar!

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I agree, but it is just as easy to ignore Pat alltogether unless she has something Cadillac related to say! I dont think anybody here cares what she really thinks of GM or Cadillacs!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

The problem here, is that you aren't right, and GM as well as most people here know it.

Let's look at the facts shall we....

You boguht a used car that was out of warranty, and refused to purchased an extened one.

You discover to your dismay, that the engine block is cracked.

You complain to GM about it, and they offer to pay for half ot the total cost for a new engine.

You get pissed off, because they refuse to replace the engine for free, even though it is out of warranty, and you have no additional coverage either.

You call Cadillac Assistance non-stop, trying to get their attention, only to have them ignore you (go figure).

Then, you start complaing to the dealer.

Finally, you come here and start yelling about how much Cadillac sucks, and how it's not fair that they only pay half of your no "out of warranty" engine.

You still have not told us why the block was cracked, and you have not explained exactly why GM should pay the total cost. All you have said so far is that the block is cracked, GM sucks, and you'll never buy another Cadillac again.

You shoudl consider yourself lucky, that GM decided to cover half of your engine. It is no longer under warranty, which means they owe you NOTHING! It's as simple as that. Your failure to purchase an extended warranty, is your mistake not GM's. The cost of the replacement engine is your responsibility, not GM's. It's as simple as that. I guarantee, that if it was a Ford, they would have laughed at you, and hung up the phone. GM is making every effort they can, to help you, but you can't see past your anger to realize that. All you care about is getting a free ride, which is NEVER going to happen. What do you honestly think the Attorney General is going to do. GM has more laywers, than some small countries have. There is no way GM is going to fork over that kind of money for an out of warranty repair, wothout a fight. You better be prepared for the wrath of GM.

The one thing that bothers me the most abotu this (as I'm sure it bothers other people as well), is the total lack of any real information on the problem. How can anyone help you, if you don't tell us what is wrong. You seriously need to think about what is going on here, and come to your senses. Do you really belive that GM will put up with this crap? HELL NO! They tried to help, and you spit in their face. They made every effort to assist you, and you still call them up, to harass them.

Well said!!!!!! I think we all agree with you on that one! :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

LETS FORGET HER, OK?

You know something? You are absolutely right. We should forget about "her". But since this string has attracted so much interest lately, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell everyone how much I love my GM made Cadillac. You know with all this negativity lately I think it's about time we heard some positive news for a change.

I'd like to start and if you feel inclined to share your positive Cadillac or GM experience why I'm sure we'd all like to hear about it too. Ok so other than the usual maintenance that comes with a car with over 200,000 miles on it I have nothing etraordinary to report. Yup my caddy has been running just fine. And it probably has a cracked block too but it doesn't appear to be effecting the performance at all. How about the rest of you??? :lol::lol::lol:

frontside.jpg

"Burns" rubber

I dont think anybody here cares what she really thinks of GM or Cadillacs!

Yenko, while I don't care what she 'thinks' about GM and Cadillac, she has complained to 1) the Attorney General, 2) the Better Business Bureau, 3) she claims to have a site dedicated to her troubles, and 4) she stated that she will continue posting her problem to Cadillac related sites.

So while I don't care what she thinks, I do care, that this ungrateful individual, that has no clue about the car, that could have driven the car with no coolant for an extended period of time, that has no warranty, feels she is entitled to a new engine by GM and is bashing, back stabbing and ripping GM and Cadillac to get what she wants.

I dont think anybody here cares what she really thinks of GM or Cadillacs!

Yenko, while I don't care what she 'thinks' about GM and Cadillac, she has complained to 1) the Attorney General, 2) the Better Business Bureau, 3) she claims to have a site dedicated to her troubles, and 4) she stated that she will continue posting her problem to Cadillac related sites.

So while I don't care what she thinks, I do care, that this ungrateful individual, that has no clue about the car, that could have driven the car with no coolant for an extended period of time, that has no warranty, feels she is entitled to a new engine by GM and is bashing, back stabbing and ripping GM and Cadillac to get what she wants.

I agree with you! She does not deserve what she is getting from GM! She also does not deserve the attention she is getting from all the members on the board!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

My 93 Cadillac STS Has been working great with 150,000 miles and I only had a few minor mechanical setbacks since I purchased it a year ago!

And apparently the crack in your block doesn't seem to be affecting it in any way either, right? LOL

"Burns" rubber

Archived