CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update on 2000 DeVille

PAT38915

would you believe i still dont have my 2000 caddy deville out of the shop..the last news i had it would take 10 days to get the engine shipped..i wonder if these guys have never heard of Federal Express..ive been without a car, this is going on the 3rd week, and its getting a bit hard to live without wheels..

its gotten to the point when i call, i can never get the person i want to talk to, then i turn around and have the people at cadillac assistance call and they can get them right on the spot in a matter of minutes..something is not right...how can i find out where this engine is coming from and if it has been ordered..

and oh yes the area rep that was supposed to look at my car, didnt show up and isnt coming..what a bunch of baloney..tell me how can i get the answers i need..thanks ...pat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't the Area Rep look at your car did you ask that question? Have you spoken with the Area Rep?

How is your attitude/tone with GM/Cadillac? If it is incredulous as it is here, I am sure they have begun avoiding you as you have noticed. I would be as polite as possible, remember this is NOT Cadillac's fault. Try not to be annoying by calling cadillac assistance all the time, or your problem will be conveniently slowed down, its human nature. No one likes a nat buzzing around their head. You draw more flys with honey than you do with Shi*

If I were you I would rent a car from Rent A Wreck, you will really appreciate your car when you get it back, here is their web site:

http://www.rentawreck.com/ They are cheap

One more thing, why do you continue to title your posts Cadillac.com Discussion Board, is there a motive behind that? Have you noticed that no one else titles their posts that way? I can't help but think you have an ulterior motive here like you are looking for the support of this board to FAX and EMAIL to GM/CADILLAC ASSISTANCE and CADILLAC. Please don't USE us as LEVERAGE!

scotty, the question you asked me about why the area rep didnt look at the car

is what im trying to find out..im thinking, they are really not interested in the why and whats of this car, now that they have agreed to pay the 50%.

as far as my tone, ive been as nice to the dealer as i can be, and he has been to me..its just that i cant get any answers..as far as renting a wreck..the closest one to me is about 200 miles, so thats out of the question..

i have written the attorney general, about this car, also the bad business bureau, and im still posting everywhere i can to try to get the attention of general motors..

at this point, ive decided all i can do is bite the bullet, get my car back and then go from there as to what im going to do with it..i did ask for the old engine, and of course that belongs to cadillac now, not me..this i dont understand either, as cadillac didnt make one payment on this car..but anyway...thanks for your help..pat

I can't help but think you have an ulterior motive here like you are looking for the support of this board to FAX and EMAIL to GM/CADILLAC ASSISTANCE and CADILLAC. Please don't USE us as LEVERAGE!

this is about the most ridicilous remark ive heard...why would i use someone in a forum to get in my business, other than posting here..

no i have no intention of using this as a leverage..of all things..i came on this forum for help and this snide remark is about as ridiculious as they get..NO INTENTION OF USING YOU FOR ANYTHING...

scotty, the question you asked me about why the area rep didnt look at the car

is what im trying to find out..im thinking, they are really not interested in the why and whats of this car, now that they have agreed to pay the 50%.

as far as my tone, ive been as nice to the dealer as i can be, and he has been to me..its just that i cant get any answers..as far as renting a wreck..the closest one to me is about 200 miles, so thats out of the question..

i have written the attorney general, about this car, also the bad business bureau, and im still posting everywhere i can to try to get the attention of general motors..

at this point, ive decided all i can do is bite the bullet, get my car back and then go from there as to what im going to do with it..i did ask for the old engine, and of course that belongs to cadillac now, not me..this i dont understand either, as cadillac didnt make one payment on this car..but anyway...thanks for your help..pat

See your tone and nastieness shows clearly here, you have poor character and I have not even met you in person. Attorney General, BBB, complaining in boards why would anyone want to help you? I would imagine that you died a thousand deaths when the 50,000 TRIAL LAWYERS waiting in the wings and the war hero lost the last election. :lol:

My friend from Cadillac is watching this post at my request, I would be REALLY careful what you say! Where did you say you were again? I am sure your dealer would love to see how appreciative you are!

scotty, i dont give a flip how many friends you have watching my post...the more the merrier as far as im concerned..as far my character, it takes one to know one..

you are very vindictive in your post to me and i really dont appreciate you judging my character, i have my opinion of your character also...you are a smart a## and think you own this forum, well you dont, isnt this a public forum, if you think im this low life you can put me on ignore..if you like..you are too quick to judge and yes ive written all these people i said i did and ill continue to do so..im sure if you were in my position you might get a little irate to...

scotty, i dont give a flip how many friends you have watching my post...the more the merrier as far as im concerned..as far my character, it takes one to know one..

you are very vindictive in your post to me and i really dont appreciate you judging my character, i have my opinion of your character also...you are a smart a## and think you own this forum, well you dont, isnt this a public forum, if you think im this low life you can  put me on ignore..if you like..you are too quick to judge and yes ive written all these people i said i did and ill continue to do so..im sure if you were in my position you might get a little irate to...

Quick to judge, NOPE, you have layed your character out for the world to see in your 25 posts!

I dont like your attitude and its showing in my posts to you! I am sending this thread to Cadillac Assistance so they can see what they are dealing with!

thats great, send it to general motors headquarters if you like, ive already contacted them also, so you arent hurting me at all..if you like i can give you my name and phone number and you can post that also, i dont have a thing to hide..

am i irrate, yes i am...with a car with 35, 000 miles on it and its worn out..so scotty you do what you are comfortable with, sent this info to as many people as you like, and if you get any pleasure out of being a tattle tale, thats great..seems you are the only one i have any problems with on this forum, and i have gotten a lot of help and suggestion from people that dont want to let you know thier opinion..now im not one, to run from a bluff...STRUT YOUR STUFF...

thats great, send it to general motors headquarters if you like, ive already contacted them also, so you arent hurting me at all..if you like i can give you my name and phone number and you can post that also, i dont have a thing to hide..

am i irrate, yes i am...with a car with 35, 000 miles on it and its worn out..so scotty you do what you are comfortable with, sent this info to as many people as you like, and if you get any pleasure out of being a tattle tale, thats great..seems you are the only one i have any problems with on this forum, and i have gotten a lot of help and suggestion from people that dont want to let you know thier opinion..now im not one, to run from a bluff...STRUT YOUR STUFF...

Bluff? :lol::lol::lol: Tattle tale? Whether GM fixes your car or NOT you won't be happy, SO...... My question to them is, Why would you fix this persons car! :lol:

i would think general motors has a reputation to live up to, and a car with 35,000 miles on it..and wont run...isnt that bad for business..and dosent it look badly that the company produces such a car..i sure think so...seems to me general motors are producing cars that wont run, want stand up to run over 35,000 miles and the cost of these cars are riducilous...thier name is not good in my book and as you said, will never be until i get my car paid for and in running condition again..you take care...i plan to get a nice sign printed and put on the car and drive it everywhere, letting people know what kind of cars general motors puts out..so if you see a car with a big yellow LEMON on it you will know thats its me..be looking for it..it will happen...also ill have another sign saying , look at my LEMON, with 35,000 miles on it, BEWARE....STAY AWAY FROM GENERAL MOTORS....

Troll alert!

Sorry (not really) Pat,

Things don't add up. You seem to be somewhat web savvy. You've made it to this discussion board after all and don't seem have any troubles posting or filling out the information on your avatar. With that in mind why would you title your post "Caddyinfo.com Discussion Board"? I think we all know where we are. Do you? That is just retarded. I think your hoping that it'll come up on a Google search one day so you can in some sick way take credit for giving this site a bad name. You're like the Peanuts character Pigpen. Instead of spreading a cloud of dust you spread misery.

I'm assuming (gut feeling) that you're well past your 30's. Given that, you are either a very naive (I'm being nice) person or fancy yourself as a master b.s. artist. Let us review the last discussion and see what has transpired shall we? http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5172&st=45

Hmmm let's see now: No second opinion. .No pictures of crack. No first hand sighting of crack. No rep. report. Basicly nothing happened and yet you agreed to pay half of a new engine. Now on planet Earth when something like this happens we tend to use phrases such as "something smells fishy" or "yeah right!".

You didn't do your homework and the bs that you're complaining about has too many holes. Personally I label you a troll but everyone else can decide for themselves.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I would imagine that you died a thousand deaths when the 50,000 TRIAL LAWYERS waiting in the wings and the war hero lost the last election. :lol:

Thats great!!!!

Pat, I have been reading your posts for a while now and I don't really understand you. You bought a USED car. You did not buy a brand new piece of sh** from Cadillac, you bought a used POS from the previous owner. Why arn't you complaining about him/her? Have you taken him/her to court? Have you sent letters to the BBB about him/her? Have you contacted the Attorney General about him/her?

I also bought my car used, but I bought an extended warranty. No matter what the previous owner said about the car, I did not trust him. Haven't you heard the used car line about the little old lady only driving to church and back?

Cadillac had NOTHING to do with the current condition of your car. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself or others. No matter how much you trust the previous owner. There is nothing you can say that will make others believe that your anger towards Cadillac is justified.

Now if you were taking all this out on the previous owner, or if you were the original owner, I could understand your anger.

I am really sorry you are having to go through this. I hope in a few months after you have calmed down and are thinking rationally again, you will come back here and let us help you enjoy your car.

PS This IS a public forum, but it is privately owned. The owner does not HAVE to let you continue to post here.

i care not where i post here or somewhere else..dosent make any difference to me at all..but i will keep posting, if you dont believe it read rip off reports...contact my attorney general, the dot, and any other places you want to..as for being a troll, how i wish i were...this is real very real...whatever your opinion is i DONT GIVE A RED RATS A##, i have mine too, this is the land of the free, with freedom of speech, so you see i have my rights too...i have another forum going, so dosent matter if i post here or not...i have my own personal web site, and im using it against general motors in every way possible...get a life..

> i have another forum going, so dosent matter if i post here or not...i have my own personal web site, and im using it against general motors in every way possible<

Care to share it's location with us Pat...?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Hey Pat please keep this clean, I dont want this post removed! You are trying to have it removed! I referred Cadillac Assistance to this, I want Cadillac to see this!

MY stance has not changed. Why should Cadillac fix the car of someone who is ripping their guts out even before they have it fixed and receive it back with the new engine? HUH? You are unappreciate and you will be unhappy whether they fix it or whether they don't fix it. So how do they benefit from fixing it, you tell me? So my attitude is to them, she is hurting you, I would turn this over to my attorney if I were GM. I am sure your case will be judged very fairly now that they have all the facts!

If I were you however, I would be a little afraid of the the attorney that I am sure they have on retainer who handles this kind of problem all the time. Keep posting you are burying yourself! Have a nice day and a pleasant tomorrow

i have another forum going, so dosent matter if i post here or not...i have my own personal web site, and im using it against general motors in every way possible...get a life..

"Jane, you ignorant slut"

Then why are you wasting our time?

I am currently shopping for a used Cadillac. I will not buy one without a certified warranty because common sense says that when a car costs 50,000.00 brand new, the parts to replace it will be more expensive than a Chevy Cavalier. Also, miles don't mean anything! You have NO IDEA how that car was treated in the 4 to 5 year time span before you had it. How can you hold Cadillac liable for that??? With PROPER maintainance the car with go for hundreds of thousands of miles, as this board shows. Accept the fact that you bought a used car with unkown problems WITHOUT a warranty

(that would have cost around 1000.00 and the repairs would have been covered and you would have had a loaner).

I am currently shopping for a used Cadillac. I will not buy one without a certified warranty because common sense says that when a car costs 50,000.00 brand new, the parts to replace it will be more expensive than a Chevy Cavalier. Also, miles don't mean anything! You have NO IDEA how that car was treated in the 4 to 5 year time span before you had it. How can you hold Cadillac liable for that??? With PROPER maintainance the car with go for hundreds of thousands of miles, as this board shows. Accept the fact that you bought a used car with unkown problems WITHOUT a warranty

(that would have cost around 1000.00 and the repairs would have been covered and you would have had a loaner).

jh50,

You're trying to preach logic to an illogical individual. What you said makes sense to the rest of us. Now stop trying to reason with Pat. You're ruining our fun. :lol::lol::lol:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

im not afraid of any lawyer scotty, whatever makes you think i am..as far as getting the post removed..hell, no, im trying to get it to the CEO of general motors...

Archived