CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update on 2000 DeVille

PAT38915

Anyway, I love my 96 Deville, the more I work on it the better it gets. Its amazing. Its literally swoops down the highway with ease. Now that I have almost rebuilt the front end, put 4 new Michelin Symetrys, front brakes, cleaned the EGR, its amazing. The tints and repaired bead on the top make it look so cool at night.

Today I ordered the strut mounts, front hub bearing, two green silicone heater hoses, new oem stat, fuel pressure regulator, rear stabilizer bushings and tomorrow I am ordering four struts from Boston Suspension... With the Cerwin Vega 5 1/4 fronts and 6 x 9 rear speakers coming I have lots of work to keep my busy.

This is an amazing car and even a better hobby! :lol:

post-3-1110340553_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 93 Cadillac STS Has been working great with 150,000 miles and I only had a few minor mechanical setbacks since I purchased it a year ago!

And apparently the crack in your block doesn't seem to be affecting it in any way either, right? LOL

No, she drives great! You wouldn't even know it was there! ;)

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I've had my STS for a year and a half now. In that time, I've put 25,000 miles on it, and it runs like a champ. It was a used car, but I purchased a warranty with it. That helped me when I had a wheel bearing let go. I also had to replace the water pump, but I caught it way before anything bad could happen. I love my car, and I appreciate how lucky I am to own one, especially at my age. Sure a few things will go wrong, it's almost 7 years old. Overall, I have been extremely pleased with this car's level of luxury and performance. The extened warranty I had covered most of the repairs I've had to make, so they didn't bother me all that much. None of them were related to the engine in any way either. I've got 70,000 miles on it right now, and plan to drive at least 70,000 miles more, before I get rid of this car. To tell you the truth, I don't ever want to get rid of this car. I'll do everything I can to keep it running in tip top shape as long as I can, because there's simply nothing else like it on the road. ;)

Anyway, I love my 96 Deville, the more I work on it the better it gets. Its amazing. Its literally swoops down the highway with ease. Now that I have almost rebuilt the front end, put 4 new Michelin Symetrys, front brakes, cleaned the EGR, its amazing. The tints and repaired bead on the top make it look so cool at night.

Today I ordered the strut mounts, front hub bearing, two green silicone heater hoses, new oem stat, fuel pressure regulator, rear stabilizer bushings and tomorrow I am ordering four struts from Boston Suspension... With the Cerwin Vega 5 1/4 fronts and 6 x 9 rear speakers coming I have lots of work to keep my busy.

This is an amazing car and even a better hobby! :lol:

Scotty,

Nice License Plate! LOL LOL

I'd like to start and if you feel inclined to share your positive Cadillac or GM experience why I'm sure we'd all like to hear about it too.

I think this is a productive use for this thread. It's true, if you don't like the flaming, you can stay out, but that goes against what we stand for here, it goes against our "rules and regs", and it wastes bandwidth that Bruce pays for with our help through donations. If we can turn this into a positive thread, I'm all for it.

Contrary to Pat's experience, I've had wonderful luck with my Seville. It has needed some parts in its past...mostly brakes...that's until I put the crossdrilled rotors on it. The only thing on the engine that has been replaced is the alternator, A/C bearing, and water pump (oh, and the spark plug wires after the dealer botched one up performing the fuel rail recall). I'm proud to list the maintenance history of my car on the Internet, for all to see: http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/maint.htm. Note that even in its most expensive year, 2001, the repair costs totalled $2542.96 (tires don't count as repairs). Over a year, that's about $212/month...WAAAAAY less than a new car payment. In its cheapest year, 2003, all I did to it was a water pump, for a grand total of 90 bucks, or a big $7.50/month, less than my Internet service.

I think as far as reliability goes, this Seville has been absolutely outstanding. It has the original dual platinum plugs still, would have the original wires had the dealer not messed one or more up, still has the original transmission fluid even (but I'll probably change that soon). All shocks/springs are original, the rear air suspension works great, and the interior has held up great, for the most part. Nobody believes until I show them the odometer that this Cadillac has almost 150,000 miles on it. It looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Okay, brag mode off. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Now THIS is a good use of this thread. :D

I absolutely LOVE my 1992 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coup. She has every factory option available at the time except for heated seats. I bought by caddy almost two years ago with only 48k on her for only $5800! She now has roughly 70k, and still drives like a dream. I have had to do some repairs (water pump, engine mount), and the normal wear & tear issues (tires, plugs), but what do you expect out of a 13 year old car....actually I think I'm doing pretty darn good! And on top of that how many 13 year cars still turn heads and get compliments daily?

This is my second caddy. As some regulars might remember, my first was a 1987 Deville which I purchased with 180k for $400. I never meant become such a caddy fan, but after driving that car for 2 years I was hooked. I sold her (still going strong) with 208k for $800.

If income permits, I will be a caddy driver for life. I would love to get my hands on a new CTS, and then possible an XLR. I think that GM makes a great product, and I love driving an American made vehicle.

-dave B)

p6090007.jpg

p6090003.jpg

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

jadcock Posted on Mar 9 2005, 04:54 AM

I've had wonderful luck with my Seville ...

After a few moths of owning my STS, the whole steering system went south one night while driving it & not to long ago the right hub went out and yep ... I said a few choice words under my breath, but I sure as heck didn't complain this past January when I was driving on ice and going straight as an arrow (and around corners) when everyone else was spinning out, and of course not when there is plenty of omph at my right foot with good fuel economy too boot.

I guess I learned early on in life there are no free lunches & when you do find one ... start looking for the ball & chain that's attached.

Jim

I have been following this thread with great interest. It has been quite entertaining.

I can't imagine Pat's attitude.

Anyway, I have been driving GM cars for over 40 years. Including a Vega, Fiero, Toronado, Riveria, Aurora, Impala SS and the list goes on. I have not had any major problems with any. I now have 2 Caddys, a '99 STS, '99 ETC.

Also in the garage is a Chevy Avalanche. These vehicles are awesome.

Just minor wear and tear stuff. I wouldn't drive anything else.

I, for one, appreciate the opportunity to drive such high quality American made vehicles. My loyalty is with GM, and especially Cadillac. For now and forever!

Wayne

post-3-1110414414_thumb.jpg

I have been following this thread with great interest. It has been quite entertaining.

I can't imagine Pat's attitude.

Anyway, I have been driving GM cars for over 40 years. Including a Vega, Fiero, Toronado, Riveria, Aurora, Impala SS and the list goes on. I have not had any major problems with any. I now have 2 Caddys, a '99 STS, '99 ETC.

Also in the garage is a Chevy Avalanche. These vehicles are awesome.

Just minor wear and tear stuff. I wouldn't drive anything else.

I, for one, appreciate the opportunity to drive such high quality American made vehicles. My loyalty is with GM, and especially Cadillac. For now and forever!

Wayne

I’ve had, (and still do) GM vehicles from a 1953 Chevy pickup to a 2000 STS, with a whole lot in-between. NEVER have had any unusual, or major problems. In fact my 1968 Camero just arrived today in Colorado Springs, Co. starting here in northern Ca three days ago. That 37 year old GM V-8, drive train and chassis purred the entire way. Got 17mpg too. Not bad for a high performance 327. Yep, GM, from old trucks, to hotrods to Cadillacs over the last 35+ years, and NO COMPLAINTS.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

In fact my 1968 Camero just arrived today in Colorado Springs, Co. starting here in northern Ca three days ago. That 37 year old GM V-8, drive train and chassis purred the entire way. Got 17mpg too. Not bad for a high performance 327. Yep, GM, from old trucks, to hotrods to Cadillacs over the last 35+ years, and NO COMPLAINTS.

The 68 Camero body style....what can you say about it other then awesome. This guy Dan I used to know took me for a ride in his 68 Camero (blk/blk/chrome) down a 1/4 mile track. Packing 440 horses under the hood, setup for the 1/4 mile with wide rear slicks, and 3 chrome analog gauges bolted to the hood directly in front of the driver. Wow she looked hot! Hit 138mph in the 1/4..... I forget the actual time but not surprisingly it was low. What a blast. No seat belts and the front tires coming off the ground and seemed like forever until they came back down.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

:blink: No seat belts? :blink::lol:

You know Scotty, I was telling my father that story some time ago thinking he would freak a little. Instead he smiled a teenager's smile and said "I'll bet you didn't even need them." He got all excited and said "Tell Dan he can come up and visit.......but only if he brings the car." LOL

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

In fact my 1968 Camero just arrived today in Colorado Springs, Co. starting here in northern Ca three days ago. That 37 year old GM V-8, drive train and chassis purred the entire way. Got 17mpg too. Not bad for a high performance 327. Yep, GM, from old trucks, to hotrods to Cadillacs over the last 35+ years, and NO COMPLAINTS.

The 68 Camero body style....what can you say about it other then awesome. This guy Dan I used to know took me for a ride in his 68 Camero (blk/blk/chrome) down a 1/4 mile track. Packing 440 horses under the hood, setup for the 1/4 mile with wide rear slicks, and 3 chrome analog gauges bolted to the hood directly in front of the driver. Wow she looked hot! Hit 138mph in the 1/4..... I forget the actual time but not surprisingly it was low. What a blast. No seat belts and the front tires coming off the ground and seemed like forever until they came back down.

I have the thing set up in Penske/Sunoco Trans Am style..

One nasty little screamer.. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

:blink: No seat belts?  :blink:   :lol:

You know Scotty, I was telling my father that story some time ago thinking he would freak a little. Instead he smiled a teenager's smile and said "I'll bet you didn't even need them." He got all excited and said "Tell Dan he can come up and visit.......but only if he brings the car." LOL

You have bigger ones than I do! :lol: I'd be strapped in, but I'm a wus....

I can remember being in my friends 68 or 69 Camaro RS with the black and orange checker seats, 350 I think with a four speed, I almost died it was so fast.... LOL

When I was in college, I bought a 1968 Camaro SS396 that had run into a ditch & then after it was stopped did a "slow roll" over on it's top. I paid $350.00 for it. I replaced the passenger fender, lower valence panel, radiator and roof. (never again on the roof replacement) It was 68 Corvette LeMans Blue, had the Tic Toc Tach, gages on the console, Special hood with 8 fake chrome stacks, a Turbo 400 & a 325 HP 396 & a 3.55 (I think) posi. I drove it for several years. It was really QUICK! :P But it never felt real good in corners. :o On the highway she was a terror. :P The hood is probably worth more than I got for the car when I sold it. :(

I wish that I had the foresight to hold onto that and the 68 Impala SS 427 notchback that I let go also. :angry:

As the say, hind sight is always 20/20.

Good memories though! :P

Britt

This has gone on long enough. Scotty, due to this forum, I feel as though I almost KNOW you personally. Scotty, you are WAY ABOVE this. Let it go. Pat is a very frustrated person, and is acting like it. She is spending a lot of money and is not happy about it. Pat, you need to quit lambasting Cadillac here. Why? Here is a perfect analogy. You are going to Madison Square Garden where the Knicks play, only to root for the opponent! You are not going to be treated very kindly in that situation, much like your treatment here. You two should both just let it go. Scotty, you are a "veteran" of the forum. Lead by example, that is what I've been taught.

This has gone on long enough. Scotty, due to this forum, I feel as though I almost KNOW you personally. Scotty, you are WAY ABOVE this. Let it go. Pat is a very frustrated person, and is acting like it. She is spending a lot of money and is not happy about it. Pat, you need to quit lambasting Cadillac here. Why? Here is a perfect analogy. You are going to Madison Square Garden where the Knicks play, only to root for the opponent! You are not going to be treated very kindly in that situation, much like your treatment here. You two should both just let it go. Scotty, you are a "veteran" of the forum. Lead by example, that is what I've been taught.

STYES, thanks for the words, however you will notice that I have not commented on the original subject for quite some time (acturally since I contacted Cadillac Assistance), we have effectively changed the subject, I appreciate your concern, Thanks, Mike

Please don't forget that we are all human, we all get sucked in, and in my case I am a Cadillac Lover. Its difficult to ignore an individual even a troll that starts their thread with Cadillac/GM sucks, BBB, Attorney General when they are getting paid.......50% out of warranty, but I understand your concern. I personally never got personal however if you review my posts, Thanks

By the way here is an interesting tidbit. If anyone doesn't think that this topic was charged and interesting check this out:

Most users ever online was 38 on Mar 8 2005, 09:34 PM, WOW! I wonder what the previous record was?

Archived