CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update on 2000 DeVille

PAT38915

Scotty,  Thank you for speaking up.  I often dont take the time to say what should be said. 

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely, Bill K

THANK YOU ;) But is has been said that I act like I own this board :rolleyes: NOT! :lol::lol::lol:

I have to get to work, Cadillac doesn't pay me enough to shill for them :lol::lol::lol:

Yep he rips open his shirt and there is a BIG "C" on it, "Cadillac Mike the Archangel, Defender of Cadillac" has to get to work before they take my HOUSE! :lol::lol: Man of too many posts, will be posting from a GARAGE soon!! :unsure:

I WEEL BE BOK! when DUTY CALLS AGAIN! :lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

This is entertaining but I am going broke by my love affair with Cadillac.....AMF!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People this ignorant about cars should NOT be allowed to drive them.

I bet you anything if he/she has ever topped up there oil...they have probably tried to pour the oil through the dip stick channel. :lol:

This is better than TV ........ simply put... PURE entertainment, ZERO substance!!

If it was me going through this crap and if I were this irate, I would have scanned some documents given by GM to prove the story. So far we have seen nothing and this is pure hearsay!!

Hey atleast we get a laugh at someone's expense. ALWAYS GOOD TO LAUGH. :D

I think that you have alot of growing up to do Pat. Vehicles come with a warrenty. People buy them knowing the warrenty. If you did not like it, you should have bought a Kia. If Cadillac is covering half of the motor cost and it it out of warrenty, that is astounding.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Pat

I've watched this patiently all along waiting for it to become productive or go away. All you've done is whine. You're problem is with the person you bought the car from. Please go whine to him. You've worn out your welcome here.

I really shoudl have responded to this earlier, I missed most oif the fun..... <_< . Well, here goes nothin'... Pat, a new engine from GM is about $7,000. They offered to pay half of that, and yet your still complaining. Your car doesn't even have a warranty, and they still offer half. I'd be greatful for 1/4 of the cost. It is not their responsibility, to make uo for YOUR mistakes in purchasing that car. You did get it checked out, you didn't buy the extended warranty,...ect...ect. It is your fault, and your fault alone. This is the first I have ever heard of a cracked N* block, that wasn't caused by the idiot driving it. A cracked block is a rare thing in these cars, which might explain why they offered half the cost. If you don;t want the car, let me have. I buy remanufactured engine, stick it in there, and be on my way. It obvious you don't deserve that car, and GM knows it. If your attitude with them, is anything like it is here, I'd be suprised if they let you back in the dealership. I know I would't if I owned the place. Nobody want's some deranged, psychotic person running in there screaming, "I hate Cadillac, they only offered to pay half of the cost for a new engien, and my car doesn't even have a warranty anymore. They suck!" THAT is bad for business.

you better believe i will...you keep attacking too...

PAT38915,

You're unbelievably incredulous. As stated before by someone, you have yet to place any blame, for your misery, on the individual that sold you the caddy. I'll bet you're one of those misguided people that believes that guns kill people and not the person pulling the trigger. I'm definitely entertained by you're warped sense of "fairness". I certainly hope you haven't or don't plan on reproducing. Well I suppose the circus could always use another act.

So you go on fanning the air with your foam bat. I for one am enjoying laughing at you.

post-3-1110248385.jpg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Ok, Ok lets not get this thread erased. We are a very professional, informative group. While I know this appears to be the Kettle calling the Pot black (LOL), it occurred to me today talking to my friend (you know who you are ) that this individual could in fact a troll and I could possibly have wasted a morning, dueling with a kook. No one could be this ridculous, I think we are having our chains pulled...

Lets try to keep our comments focused on the facts. If in fact this individual is for real, I want this post intact so that Cadillac Assistance can review it. Once I get confirmation that they have looked into this, you can tell her how you really feel. I am expecting a response from GM tomorrow.

Who in their right mind would continue complaining like this when we have been so obvious about our pro-cadillac feelings and about how unappreciative she is and how lucky she is to have them pay 50%. Now its taking too long to get her car back, please...

post-3-1110249452.gif

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I am still waiting for Pat to post symptoms to the problem. She apparently has a Add Coolant message, goes to dealer, dealer says new enigine, we'll pay half, and she is pissed. I have already made my mind up on this issue. I just can't believe the amount of posts, from members here, who actually think, this Pat person, is being straight. I am willing to bet, that there is no Caddy, no cracked block, no dealer 200 miles away, no rental car company 200 miles away. Face it folks, you have been lead around by your *****. Pat is a troll.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

This thread sure has turned sour quickly. :( We are supposed to be professional and curteous here, but we've sunken to Pat's level. I vote we let this thread die the miserable death it's already begun, and not waste any more bandwidth on this unless Pat produces some photos of the crack, like has been requested of him/her before. It's obvious that we're not going to get any further without some objective material to work with.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Cadillac assistance thanked me as a loyal Cadillac owner and they are investigating this carefully. If this is a troll, so be it, I personally can not allow even a troll to bad mouth Cadillac on this site, so I don't feel that I have been duped or that I have wasted my time. This has continued for quite a long time, so its not as if I knee jerked on this.

Cadillac's reputation is important to me. I did tell them today that its possible that this person is a troll, but they will read this anyway.

If this is not a troll, Good Luck. I hope Cadillac is able to find you given that you have a 2000 Deville, with a cracked engine, needing an engine, that they have agreed to pay 50% of, have called Cadillac Assistence numerous times and reportedly are a women, it should be fairly easy to identify you.

In addition, you wrote this in an PRIVATE MESSAGE to me, "i called cadillac consumers in oregon to report the car and they were going to check into it for me..a lady at consumers told it it could or might be a casting flaw..today they are not sure.." Now they can check calls coming in to the Oregon phone center.

At least they can act appropriately with regard to your situation now given all the information they have. If anyone has Pat's location, state, etc, from a PM feel free to post, we want to give Cadillac Assistance all the information so that they can make an informed decision on this.

Pat,

Seems like you are in a bad position with your car. I know it sucks that these cars cost $50k new and are still riddled with problems (I can speak from expirience as I've had three Caddy's now and have done most fo the work myself and I'm not a mechanic, I'm a network engineer!). Be that as it may, they are still great cars to drive, just expensive to own. Before I get into detail, I would like to say that GM customer service has been good to me and because of one scathing phone call (with an extremely ****** tone to boot!), the dealer which screwed my a/c system up, due to unqualified mope working on my car, refunded all of my money. (for details on that whole story, search through my posts from about june or july of 04).

Wow, I've not seen anyone be attacked like this on this board but it seems people can't stand your attitude. I can relate as I get a "pissy" attitude when I feel someone ("the man") has screwed me over. Don't worry about what poeple think, the speaky wheel gets the oil, that's a fact. Any major issues I have ever had with corporate america, the only way I have gotten anything done is through repetitive (and sometimes scathing) letters, phone calls, etc.. That is your right and that's the only way to get something done in a sittuation like this. Anyone who thinks you'll get a dime out of any corporation with smile and a nice tone, hasn't been through this process before.

I just briefly scanned your posts (over several threads) and it seems that a 2000 Deville with 35,000 is still under warranty (isn't it 5 years or 60,000 miles?). Why would they only pay half is it is still under warranty? Is there something I'm missing here? I'm assuming their "out" is that the warranty is not transferrable. Keep in mind that several states prevent manufacturer's from using this common cop-out to elude their duties of providing a product free of true manufacturer's and latent defects. My recomendation is to contact an attorney familiar with these types of sittuations in your state. With an attorney's letter or a letter from you written the right way, I think you may be able to get the motor swapped on GM's dime (if the crack is indeed due to a casting error). The letter should include an assertion that without commitment from the manufacturer to absorb all costs associated with repairs caused by latent defect in the manufacturing process, you reserve your right to have the failed unit (which you rightfully own) tested by a cause and origin engineering firm (there is a great firm out of Atlanta, GA call A.C.E.).

Also, your letter should state that you reserve your right to settle the matter in arbitration rather that in actual court. The consumer rights laws require them to honor request for arbitration in front of a third party mediator closest to your (the consumer's) location. You may not win, but thats your best bet if you are not satisfied with their current concession. Keep in mind, if you go to arbitration, the 50% concession will most likely be off the table (unless the mediator awards it).

Nows the part where other members will chime in, continue to flame you, and most likely flame me for giving you advice. It doesn't bother me as I probably won't check back on this post anyway. At some point, americans need to stand up to corporate america and not just crawl into the fetal position and continue to take in the brown eye.

I recently had to go to arbitration (and won) againt Cingular. I baught a cell phone while we were back home for Thanksgiving in Indiana. The phone came with a year contract and once I got home about a week later, it didn't work in my house! Cingular refused to nulify the contract as it had been over three business days and wanted to charge me $250.00. Needless to say, they lost in arbitration and it only cost me about two hours of my time.

*GONG NOISE* and then came the flaming.........

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

Flame you or Pat, not at all you are entitled to your opinion. Just to clarify Pat is not being attacked, she is doing the attacking, I personally am just responding to her attacks, on GM, Cadillac and me.

excuse me for interupting but isnt caddilacs warranty 4yr 50000 on drive train and transferral or am i wrong :huh:

Scotty,

I am not directing anything toward anyone (and for the record, anytime I have posted a problem, you have replied and tried to help...every one of my posts!).

I think all of the "regulars" on here are cool as a fan, I just can;t take the side of a corporation over a consumer.

If I was in that position (at least what I know of that sittuation), I would want to keep fighting too. I am loyal to Cadillac, but just in the sense of I would buy another one. I'm sure cracked N* blocks are few and far between, so ideally, GM should foot the bill if there are no signs of extraordinary abuse (especially at 35k miles). Thats all.

James

1999 STS 65k

1995 STS 127k

To clarify, the warranty on the 2000 was 4 years OR 50,000 miles, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST! Be darn sure you read the OR! If this car was put into service in 99 or 00, the 4 years is OVER no ifs, ands or buts. It is NOT still under warranty BECAUSE of the mileage as some have hinted at and hung their hat on, ITS NOT!

Furthermore, it is NOT under warranty for any user beyond the SECOND OWNER!

If you doubt me, either read the warranty or call your CADILLAC USED car dealer.

post-3-1110307505_thumb.jpg

Archived