How do you drive your Cadillac?

Cad1

I drive my Caddy ...  

316 members have voted

1. 1. I drive my Caddy ...

• like an old buzzard.
    • like I stole it.
    • only when the sun shines.
    • with a mix of typical & spirited driving.
    • like a muscle car cause it's all I got.
    • to turn heads.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting poll question!

I do a mix if typical and spirited. That's what I like about the Northstar - It'll do whatever you want, it all depends on how far you push the tall, skinny pedal.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Me...like I stole it - except when the kids (or wife) is in the car....

This might explain why I am only getting around 14 mpg - it all makes sense now...

P.S.

There's a place and time for speed - rear lanes, streets with kids on them (sidestreets), and congested rush-hour streets are NOT the time and place - driving fast is fine, just driving stupid is not...

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

There's a place and time for speed - rear lanes, streets with kids on them (sidestreets), and congested rush-hour streets are NOT the time and place - driving fast is fine, just driving stupid is not...

Man, do I second that motion! Around here, it's fast and furious all the time. I've been passed in my own neighborhood before! People use the center turn lane (on a three lane road, the one reserved for left turns) as a passing lane. They have to put signs on the side of two lane roads every mile or so stating that it's ILLEGAL (and really dangerous) to pass stopped school busses loading and offloading children (and you still see it anyway). Makes me shudder.

I have a hard time deciding to choose "mixed driving" or "only when the sun shines" because it's really both. With the weirdos around here, not only do I not like to drive it in the wet/snow or even at night, I check the phase of the moon before taking 'er out. You see wrecks everywhere! And they complain that the insurance companies are asking for a 12.3% increase in rates to start this summer...

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I drive mixed, of course not too fast in the cities. I´m averaging about 16-17 mpg mixed driving, mostly in town. But of course sometimes I have to show people who think they own the road (those ones who drives in the left lane all the time) that they are slow drivers....by for instance passing them on the left side in sharp right bends just to show them that the Cadillac is faster and lies good on the road too ;)

Aloha,

I am an old buzzard but I enjoy the deep sound on the engine when it accelerates. Most of the time I drive to conserve gas (~24-25 mpg). But every once in a while (2-3 times a week) I get a testrosterone rush and pop up to 110 or so just for me. Thanks guys, your info is always right on!

Ed

my motto was: low and slow...until i got my brake problem straightened out. now it's hammer time. but, i do agree with the post about irresponsible driving..there's definitely a time and place for it. best part of putting the hammer down in the caddy, is the surprise from the other drivers...they don't expect it! jackg 90 seville 93k

I love that Northstar. If I am in a highway traffic situation. In the Right lane and slowly catching the guy ahead of me. While a left lane driver slowly comes up to box me in behind the slower trafic. And I have a choice of Gas or Brake I chose Gas and drive away from it. That down shift to 2nd gear at 65 MPH with WOT Is the eighth wonder of the world. Makes me grin every time.

post-3-1076977427.jpg

B) I am 63 years young and do some sprited driving in the STS, but save most of the foot to floor activity to my 1965 (not stock) Mustang GT. It is much faster and handles the curves a lot better. Low 14s on street radials and through the mufflers, low 13s on the goofy gas. Will not buy a new rear wheel drive STS unless it is faster than the nearly 40 year old GT Mustang!!!!!!

wow...there are currently 4 old buzzards on this list.

Ok...who are you???

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived