How do you drive your Cadillac?

Cad1

I drive my Caddy ...  

316 members have voted

1. 1. I drive my Caddy ...

• like an old buzzard.
    • like I stole it.
    • only when the sun shines.
    • with a mix of typical & spirited driving.
    • like a muscle car cause it's all I got.
    • to turn heads.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it looks like only three of us only take our sheetmetal out under blue skies. I'm one...now who are the other two? :)

BTW, this weekend we've had BEAUTIFUL Carolina Blue skies and temps in the 60s/70s...the Caddy's been seeing a lot of roadway these last coupla days!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 1 month later...

My 94 Concours is only driven under blue skies, it has only been in the rain once

in 10 years and that was the day I brought it home. I also have 1976 Olds 98

that is driven the same way. I use a Ford pickup for rainy weather.

I drive like most folks on this board. Not really breaking the law-just fractured!

Really enjoyed the posting about how the wife drives it, looking for 'ricer punks and people with SUV. Oddly enough, I actually hunt for the ricers! Why would anybody buy a $20k, add another 30k to it, and still be slower that a car that cost about the same, but with far more creature comforts. This will definitely sound old, but-"KIDS THESE DAYS" B)

Wish they would learn 1 thing-there is no replacement for displacement! :D

• 1 month later...
This will definitely sound old, but-"KIDS THESE DAYS" B)

That's what I say! And I'm only 25 years old! :o

My favorites are the V-6 Mustangs with the fake dual exhaust. For some reason, it seems like at least half of base model Mustangs around here have really loud dual exhaust systems with big chrome tips...seemingly faking a GT model. I just love to blow those guys away. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I try to drive my '01 STS as a muscle car when I get on an open highway and more sensible when I'm in the city but, I use the 300hp when ever I need it. Anywere and anytime I need it.

post-3-1087440243.jpg

It depends if i have the kids in the car or not.. or the wife........... if i'm by myself I go 60mph around corners that have little 25mph signs on them and I mash the gas almost every stoplight :)

• 1 month later...

I get a lot of use out of wot but I still manage avg 18 normal run around . My wifes only driven it twice so far & after the second time I noticed the avg a little lower so I asked " Did you have fun today ? " turns out she dusted a almost new GTI :lol::D:unsure:

I would say I drive like a muscle car in the city, always have to be the first off the light. On the highway I drive like I stole it, hitting triple digits at least three times a week. The fastest I got it was while racing a mid 80's MR2. Just barely passed him going 140 mph and then had to brake hard to make my exit. That's why this car is great, can drive anyway you like and it still excels.

• 4 weeks later...

98Concours: "What a nice rear end!" ;):lol:

Well, I'm on the road with business in my Fleetwood most of the time, so I tend to drive for mileage. I also got my first ond only speeding ticket in 1974 on I-95, if that helps describe my driving. However, it sure is fun having all those horses under the hood when they are needed!

I guess living in Germany for 10 years driving 100+ mph on the autobahn helped rid me of the speed-bug....ok, put a check for me in the "Old Geeser" column.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday afternoon, I was taking my wife shopping and as I was accelerating on the on ramp to the freeway, a Japanese burner was coming up fast, sooooo I went WOT and my wife said "What are you doing", I said "Oh nothing" she knew and just smiled. It's there when you need it.

I drive it mixed. I always obey the speed limit, but I sure do like to accelerate fast! And the Flowmaster doesn't help :D!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

I have to say I usually drive it like I stole it! lol

What a great pic!

Opps, the pic didn't carry like i thought it would. It's back on page 1 at the bottom.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Mine certainly falls into the garage queen catagory, and I gently wash it on average more than once a week. Sometimes every other day if I have to get it dirty.

The last time I took it to the dealer--at 49.3k--to get its last round through warrenty, the dealership parked it out front. THEY DON"T PARK CUSTOMERS' CARS OUT FRONT! They only park new cars out front. Not trying to be too boabe quietl, but the falwless Crimson Pearl screams out loudly amongst the heard. (A shag boy said that people were asking about buying the car.)

Because the multi use selection didn't fit my uesage, I selected drive it like I stole it, but it is used to turn heads, and it stays in the barn, coming outside only for hard runs.

• 2 months later...

I like hearing my exhaust, so I tend to wind her up a bit, but I also like to get the car really clean and detailed and just cruise and let folks look at it. These are the times when I really appreciate how luxurious and roomy the interior in my STS really is, and how stylish the exterior is. People that stare at it too long get introduced to shrinking taillights!

Im only sixteen and I absoulutly hate import cars I drive myn like its a sports car cause really when you got 300 horsepower under the hood how else can you drive it? I love cruisin around town in my big caddy and blowing away little Hondas that think there faster cause there smaller than me!!!! My next car I hope to get is a 98 STS and put that corsa exaust system on it.... But I mostly drive myn just to show off and make people jeleous of me. And cause the chicks dig it

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

• 1 month later...

Just put a new powersteering pump in. So of course you must test it. The test might as well be under a heavy load, sooo WOT to fast, fast , fast. Cadillac in my opinion did a great job with the Northstar. The marketing types were going nuts in how they could keep thier market share, which was rapidly aging people for the most parts, and attract younger buyers. The Northstar/tranny combo is perfect to me. You can drive it like silk smooth or nail it and have fantastic performance. It's a credit to the engineers to do such a thing and make both camps happy. Now we are seeing the transfer from the older buyer to the newer more performance sports/luxury driver. By the way, no dis to the older crowd. I know for a fact alot of you enjoy fast [when need be] driving and used that old Caddy CID for good fun use. ---ahh scr--w that last condencsending crud. I spell bad. But is that take on the changing over from the "old guard" to the new make any sense? I have no insider insight into it. It' just my take on it.

Archived