How do you drive your Cadillac?

Cad1

I drive my Caddy ...  

316 members have voted

1. 1. I drive my Caddy ...

• like an old buzzard.
    • like I stole it.
    • only when the sun shines.
    • with a mix of typical & spirited driving.
    • like a muscle car cause it's all I got.
    • to turn heads.

My next car I hope to get is a 98 STS and put that corsa exaust system on it.... 

Hells yeah! :lol: I try to drive mine in a civilized manner, but I often find myself taking turns, or leaving a light a little too fast. I'll never forget the time I pissed off this guy at my school (he drives a 2003 Mustang GT that runs "mid to high 13's") driving home one night. He came in the next day screaming about how I drive a Cadillac, not a Nascar. I thought that was hilarious. Most of the time I drive no more that 10mph over the speed limit, but sometimes, people need to be put in their place, so I open her up, and show them what it's really capable of. ;)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

i live at 8600 feet elevation. 10 mile drive to work which is at 10,000 feet elevation. a molybdenm mine. in colorado. get about 11 mpg going to work and about 33 coming home. 3 lane curving mountain road. center lane is suicide lane. i use all three of them. sls holds corners like sports car. amazing handeling. snow and ice are no big deal. what a hoot.

My old girl is of the "land-yacht" variety and really loves to avoid corners...lol.

I like to cruise but I tend to cruise on the highway about 20-25 kmh faster than the posted 100. I get passed by many but maintain my comfortable speed and never race her with anyone.

MP

• 1 year later...

I'm a mix. Fuel is getting expensive. How can one really not press the gas down when the Northstar sounds ohhh so good.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

my power seat is stuck somewhat forward so that would be a dangerous symptom for me to pick up.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 1 month later...

I drive 45 miles a day, one way to work. I pass through a couple small towns but most of my driving is only highway driving. I average 18MPG and i love the days that i meet up with another STS. From year to year they all run very very close. :D I am thinking about NOS, but my wife will kill me <_<

• 2 months later...

I don't abuse her but I live in Germany and being able to drive like a bandit keeps my avg MPG around 20. I LOVE these cars and have had my STS for 5 years now. I can tell you however, that this is the only place where you can be on the Autobahn with the cruise set at 100-110 and a 10-year-old diesel station wagon will come by you like you're standing still. Seriously. :blink:

The North* is a monster at highway speeds and I've had mine shut down at 130MPH many times due to that stupid fuel shut-off. She's still pulling hard too. B)

I don't abuse her but I live in Germany and being able to drive like a bandit keeps my avg MPG around 20. I LOVE these cars and have had my STS for 5 years now. I can tell you however, that this is the only place where you can be on the Autobahn with the cruise set at 100-110 and a 10-year-old diesel station wagon will come by you like you're standing still. Seriously. :blink:

The North* is a monster at highway speeds and I've had mine shut down at 130MPH many times due to that stupid fuel shut-off. She's still pulling hard too. B)

I kinda know how you feel...well kinda wish I knew how you feel :P, I was in an open stretch in the middle of no where and decided to see how quick she could get to that lack luster 112mph limiter that these base Deville receives.

Poor thing doesn't even get to experience to the top of 3rd gear.

The Green's Machines

EGreen,

Are you implying that your dad's Deville hit 112mph limiter without going into OD? I could be reading that wrong. But then again my sts can hit 100mph without hitting the top end of 2nd. Did I mention that I'm a fisherman? You know what they say about us fishermen don't you? ;)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I pretty much drive it like I stole it.

My Eldo is a muscle car. It may have the trappings of a luxury car but at it's heart it's American Muscle. And there's only one way to drive it.....

Plus I love the fact that I know people are going "WTF?" when I go zooming past.....they've probably never seen a Cadillac do that before....

As fast as I can. (Without endangering other's around). Lately, upgrades on the local Hwy have limited my raceing intuition. Too many stops, too many single lane sections. Bad for WOT's, bad for the STS, bad for me. I am limited to on ramp merges at full speed with a small smile. Very much miss the 3rd to 4th gear shift at full throttle. Goto go. For a WOT. See ya later.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Are you implying that your dad's Deville hit 112mph limiter without going into OD? I could be reading that wrong. But then again my sts can hit 100mph without hitting the top end of 2nd.

Yes, that's correct.

Theoretical stop speed of a Y/3.11 powertrain in 3rd gear is about 152 mph. The engine would be turning 5971 rpm at that speed, if it could get there, and if the speed limiter were removed.

Top speeds:

Y 1st gear: 51

Y 2nd gear: 93

Y 3rd gear: 152

Y 4th gear: 224

9 1st gear: 43

9 2nd gear: 78

9 3rd gear: 128

9 4th gear: 188

Note, those are obviously theoretical top speeds, assuming a 26.6 tire diameter (nominal for a P255/60R16).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Did I mention that I'm a fisherman? You know what they say about us fishermen don't you? ;)

This?? :Phttp://bigandtalltshirts.com/Merchant2/mer...ge=B/PROD/F/344

Regards,

Warren ;)

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 3 months later...

very carefully, things a pos :D

If you're driving a P.O.S., you likely don't belong here.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived