CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

29 Things You Probably Don't Know About Cadillac

Texas Jim

Nice; I enjoyed this.

The 1922 Type 59c could fill up its own tires.

You could adjust the car's suspension for comfort or performance and you could fill up your tires, too, because the car had a self-powered air compressor.

I wonder why tires are not self-inflating these day.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Cadillac had the first two-plane production V8 for the 1924 model year. This was a major improvement in smoothness, because previous production V8's used single-plane crankshafts and were essentially two four-cylinder engines mounted 90 degrees (usually) apart. The firing order of the SBC was the same as that of the first Cadillac two-plane crankshaft V8.

Then, there's the standard four-wheel hydraulic brakes and lots of other Cadillac firsts.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I also believe Cadillac was the first car to incorporate the 'standard' pedal positions (we recognize today): right/accelerator, center/brake pedal, left/clutch pedal.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Nice; I enjoyed this.

You could adjust the car's suspension for comfort or performance and you could fill up your tires, too, because the car had a self-powered air compressor.

probably for the same reason why they did away with the other features they were famous for. Its too bad too

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Nice; I enjoyed this.

probably for the same reason why they did away with the other features they were famous for. Its too bad too

I can understand why companies would want to lower their production costs. There are many ways to go there. For instance they can lower their standards regarding standard equipment levels, make bad products etc. But I don't believe that Cadillac goes in that direction too often. In this case I Believe that it's simply because todays tires hardly ever fails or leaks. In other cases I tend to agree. I miss the polite "Good morning" from my Eldo! But then again the times are changing. What was wanted yesterday are gone tomorrow.

Nice post by the way Jim! As an engineer I found the 3D-printer stuff interresting. Cadillac has made a lot of contributions ages ago to what brands on the other side of the scale just recently started to adapt. True air-conditioning for instance instead of just an AC-kompressor without regulating software and hardware, power steering, air bags, digital fuel injection etc. etc.

I couldn't resist to attach this promotion movie for the dream car of the citizens of the former DDR. Just to give a little perspective ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dG0x-OY7Ww&feature=youtu.be

Archived