CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1996 Concourse Opera lights

princess

Evening,

I was attempting to research what the exterior lights on my concourse were called, now I know im a little confused by if these lights are bulbs or some electroluminescent paper ??

Also, am the only "chick" in this group? LOL

are they located on the rear doors between the windows? Mine have them and they still work great.

They are not bulbs. The modules are under the back seat. One for each side. I dont remember what they are called but I like them.

I have yet to see another around here with them. Mine seems to be a one of a kind

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I believe that's option B90: Ornamentation, Exterior Molding, Side Window Reveal.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Mines are on the rear panel /pillar behind both rear doors but right in front/proceeding my cadillac emblem......

im just trying to ascertain if there actual bulbs or some sorta of other filament. Im asking because if there bulbs I wanna replace the color of them.

and thank you im a mother of 2 but helped raised 4 so its in my nature. :)

They do not have bulbs - they are powered by 120 volts AC. The module is an inverter that makes 120 VAC from the 12VDC from the battery.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

that is correct. the inverters are under the back seat. I would like to see a picture of yours. Yours would be the second one I will have seen.

GM FAN FOREVER

I will post a pic tonight in the dusk so you can get full effect...... if there that complicated I leave them be because they work just fine I just think they would be better pink...... then again my sister thought same thing about my dog needless, my dog has been ticked at me ever since so......... nevermind.

Here You Go...

unnamed_zps9db529f3.jpg

and heres a pic of my other car...LOL

1a7952f9-1976-4ba1-8c70-d0c4318057f9_zps

That ragtop on a '96 is growing on me. It looks classy with your color scheme, and how its done on the door. I don't remember Oprah lights being an option. Must be rare. Also, are you missing your fender skirts?

no trust thier there..... I had a dude take my tire off and couldnt figure out how to put it back on without me instructing him......the ragtop is beginning to
grow on me has well and I do believe the car is somewhat rare by the options and things I keep finding on it... I had same year Deville and didnt have all these options.

no trust thier there..... I had a dude take my tire off and couldnt figure out how to put it back on without me instructing him......the ragtop is beginning to

grow on me has well and I do believe the car is somewhat rare by the options and things I keep finding on it... I had same year Deville and didnt have all these options.

The Concours is the top of the line...

It has things that were not even available on the REGULAR cars.

Posted Image

The 96 does not have fender skirts.

your opera lights are different than mine. I hate to say it but they almost look add on. No offense at all. yours is only the second one I have seen with them. Thanks.

You need a center cap for that wheel? I have a spare. I also love those concours wheels.

Does yours have the automatic delay wipers(rainsense) I loved them on my 96 eldo, but the feature is extremely rare.

I will have to take a good picture of mine so you can see the difference

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived