CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

LOOK AT THIS ELDORADO

gone12

There was no link so I found the car on a search. It's a 1980 model that was found when someone went through a dead relative's estate and pulled a tarp off some stored goods. The original owner died 10 years ago, according to the Craigslist blurb.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/ctd/4523636374.html

If the blurb is correct, the original owner drove the car home in 1980 and parked it, where it stayed for 24 years until he died in 2004.

It's a beautiful car. However, look at the odometer digits in the photo showing 54 miles, and I think you will agree that the left two zeros look like they have been rolled away from the front for a long time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

wow. That is a good find.

it will go very quick. Wonder what the value is for it. By the sounds of it it has been sitting for at least 10 years

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

So you think it was rolled back? If so it will be caught on the NYSI. should anyway

GM FAN FOREVER

If the car was never registered after the paper plates or first metal plates, only the dealer mileage will be recorded.

I suspect that the car has only a few thousand miles on it. But my spidey sense tells me that there is some exaggeration here.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

I will bet the car has at least 100,054 miles on it - The leading zeros in the odometer have not aligned themselves yet. If the car actually had 54 miles on it the odometer's leading zeros would be in perfect alignment.

Also, 54 miles won't make the passenger side high beam headlight is dark/cloudy from a rock chip. The sealed beam headlights used to get that way after several weeks of driving with a rock chip that broke the glass on the headlight,

I wonder what happened to the hubcaps???

A car that has not been driven in 10 years could have a ton of trouble. Rotten gas in the tank, carburetor, etc. A carburetor rebuild would probably be necessary as well as chemically cleaning the fuel tank. Once the engine was running, there could be any number of issues that would crop up - sitting that long is not god for any car.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

There is also a lot of deterioration on the lower rear of the trim on the trunk.

The paint on the trunk is also faded and the the trim piece under the drivers tail light is missing.

Posted Image

There is also a lot of deterioration on the lower rear of the trim on the trunk.

The paint on the trunk is also faded and the the trim piece under the drivers tail light is missing.

Yeah - I didn't see how bad the left rear bumper filler was - both extremely faded and cracked/damaged/pieces missing. That car has easily 100,000+ miles on it. If the seller is trying to pass it off as 54 miles, it makes me wonder what else he's trying to hide.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I bought a 80' eldorado biarritz in 95 from the dealer on trade I was working with in MD with 125K. I loved that car with a dark blue paint and a silver top. The only downfall are the intake manifold leak and lead to a high idle vacuum leak. A great car with the 368 just a fun ride! Sold it with 175K and it still ran nice! 50 miles?? 50 MILES? I liked driving my car too much .

I thought the 0s looked kind of funny. like it turned over 100k back to 54. Easy mistake to make for someone who doesnt work with the older 5 digit odometers.

GM FAN FOREVER

I thought the 0s looked kind of funny. like it turned over 100k back to 54. Easy mistake to make for someone who doesnt work with the older 5 digit odometers.

Even my old Park Avenue (that had a six digit odometer) did the same thing when it rolled over 100,000 and 200,000 miles. The zeros were slightly misaligned for a hundred miles or so.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

In Texas it was commonplace for traveling business people to buy a car new and drive it 100,000 miles plus 30,000 or so and trade it in at less than two years old. These weren't bad cars because highway miles in the sun belt aren't hard on a car, but you could expect strange problems like worn-out wheel bearings, differential, transmission, and brakes were likely to need new drums instead of just rebuilt wheel cyinders, relined shoes and turn the drums like a real low-mileage car. I bought one of those and busted it thoroughly when the speedometer went and the speedometer shop found a note inside that gave a date about a year before I bought it at 33,000 miles and listed 70,000 miles at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived