CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help I need some Info Asap

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help....

Heres my problem, I just bought a used 1997 Deville with 130k miles and drove it home from the dealer and within 20 mins it over heated and displayed engine overheating, Coolant level high, Air off, enginge protection,....so i pulled over and called the dealer.

He picked up the car and took it in to repair the Water pump, thermostat, and replace radiator.

i picked it up and drove it home again, and 30 miles later the same thing with the same codes.

I rand the self diagonstic check and got these codes:

icp b-1552

Acm B 1350

tcs C 1255

Pzm B1552

I have had the car for less than 2 hours so far and it over heats after about 25-40 miles, if i pull over it cools down quick and will drive for awhile until it happens again.

What could be wrong, and what can i do?

Thanks

They decided that all those cooling system components failed simultaneously? Is it a Cadillac dealer? In the worst case scenario you have got blown headgaskets. It is a $3,500 repair. There is a possibility a purge line is blocked. The dealer should have checked that as well as the coolant for the presence of exhaust gases. Any pressure test performed?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

He didnt tell me what they all did, He just said its all good now , come and get it.

I owe money on the car yet, I have only had it for 4 hours now and now all of this.

He said when i called today that after replacing the thermosta and water pump there was no water getting somewhere?Im not a mechanic by any means, so its allforiegn to me.

Do I tell him i dont want the car or have him fix it again?He is not a cadillac dealer

Stuck on what to do next.

cornfedtattoos,

Here are the code descriptions and some comments:

B1350 - Engine Coolant Over-Temperature. You already know this, and it is really the only issue to focus upon.

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error. This may be a loose battery cable and is not related to the cooling system.

C1225 - Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation. I have had this as well. It is not related to cooling systems and may not be a high cost item anyway, (a cable connection).

I certainly agree with Adallack, get the coolant tested for hydrocarbons (exhaust gases), a $25 - $40 fee at a radiator shop. ;)

One other thing, if within the limits of what can be written, let us know the story behind your handle..."cornfedtattoos". :o

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

He didnt tell me what they all did, He just said its all good now , come and get it.

I owe money on the car yet, I have only had it for 4 hours now and now all of this.

He said when i called today that after replacing the thermosta and water pump there was no water getting somewhere?Im not a mechanic by any means, so its allforiegn to me.

Do I tell him i dont want the car or have him fix it again?He is not a cadillac dealer

Stuck on what to do next.

Are you sure they indeed replaced the radiator and water pump? I would get rid of that car. Let's see what others say.

This is just me.... but I have a bad feeling about this.

But.... if "I" had just bought it.... and within minutes was having all of these problems....

I would immediately take it back, get my money back, and look for another car elsewhere.

Period.

End of story.

There are far too many GOOD cars out there to put up with this on one that you just bought.

Posted Image

I am going to call the sales guy tommorrow, He is a friend of my bosses and hopefully he will end the contract of the sale(he is playing the bank)and refund the money i put down for it.

It was a as is sale, but he said it was all fixed up, and he had the same problem when he was driving it in the past., but got it taking care of.

Im not sure what legal rights i have if he says no, And i cant afford a new payment and a costly repair at the same time.

as far as my cornfedtattoos....im a wisconsin corn fed guy who is a tattoo artist.

any info will be helpful

Unfortunately, if you bought the car 'as is' you may not have any legal recourse. You should have done some research on here "before" buying the car like I did a few years ago. Although I only recently joined the forum, I did some reading on here a few years back before buying a nice used Eldo ETC with 53,000 miles on it.

I also bought it at a used car dealer and took it on a 60 mile highway test drive, then told him about the many overheating and head gasket problems I read about. Although he was selling it 'as is' also I told him I would only buy it if he gave me at least a 30 day warrenty on the engine and trans. , and he agreed. Three days later my wife and I , who live in PA. took it on a nice 450 mile trip to visit her family in Kentucky to see how it held up.

So far, we have still had no overheating problems with it, just a bad fuel pump a month ago.

I hope you can get out of the deal, and learn from your expierence. Good luck...

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help....

Here's my problem, I just bought a used 1997 De ville with 130k miles and drove it home from the dealer and within 20 mins it over heated and displayed engine overheating, Coolant level high, Air off, enginge protection,....so i pulled over and called the dealer.

He picked up the car and took it in to repair the Water pump, thermostat, and replace radiator.

i picked it up and drove it home again, and 30 miles later the same thing with the same codes.

I have had the car for less than 2 hours so far and it over heats after about 25-40 miles, if i pull over it cools down quick and will drive for awhile until it happens again.

What could be wrong, and what can i do?

Thanks

take it back again, and ask them to to fix it, because there appears, to be a problem on the car, that you were told that was good to go ... don't b*tch or complain just ask them to give you, what you expected when they said this is a good car, so buy it ... and if i remember right ??? three fixes in six months and we are talking the lemon law and, as one person showed here recently ... the squeaky wheel gets the grease and he ended up making out like a bandit on the deal ...

do a google, on the lemon law for your state ... and, i might be wrong, but i think that the lemon law, is bigger that local state law ... federal ???

the squeaky wheel gits the grease ...

CMD

keep in mind, that they are now all f*rked because you bought it,

because

you bought it, in good faith and

got hiney holed and now sir, you are the big dog ...

and, you are now, on top ...

go for it and show them,

that the little man ...

can be the big man ...

woof, woof, go for it dawg ...

Lane

The guy called me today and said that his mechanic looked at it and it has a cracked cylender block and that he will get it fixed, it will take 3 days he says, its a 22 hour job?

He is sticking a lot of money into the car and i hope that this will fix the problems.

Some one mentioned having it timesered, could someone please explain to me what that is, so i can sound informed when i ask him.

Thanks everyone for your help and input

The guy called me today and said that his mechanic looked at it and it has a cracked cylender block and that he will get it fixed, it will take 3 days he says, its a 22 hour job?

He is sticking a lot of money into the car and i hope that this will fix the problems.

Some one mentioned having it timesered, could someone please explain to me what that is, so i can sound informed when i ask him.

Thanks everyone for your help and input

Sounds like another line of BS... A 1997 Deville with 130kmiles AND cracked block is worth NOTHING. Get rid of that car and forget those people as well.

the only cracked block, that i have heard of or seen on this forum is one that hydro locked,

that BBF posted about ???

very strange ??? very strange indeed ... ask them how ...

and yes, if a hole is punched through the block, i would call it cracked ...

plus some ...

Lane

I did buy the Car and The seller has offered to get it up to par, After i get the car I plan on taking it to a cadillac dealer and have it checked over to see what is wrong with it , if anything after i get it back.

I told this to the seller today, and he said that that would be fine, that everything will be fixed when i finally get the car.

If the car is not done right i will give it back to him. he agreed that , that would be fine if need be.

If the block is cracked, the engine is junk. If I were you, I would get my money back and find a different Cadillac. I have a feeling that the seller will not be able to make the deal "right" and will keep offering excuses.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You've been warned several times about that car, I suggest you heed the warnings, but that doesnt seem to be the way :rolleyes: Come on here, you're putting your hard earned money on a car that is now in the shop? And to boot, a cracked block? Like I said, you've been warned, anything after that is on you.

If the car is not done right i will give it back to him. he agreed that, that would be fine if need be. /quote]

If it was "ME" .... the "IF NEED BE" in the quote above .... would be RIGHT NOW.

You are buying a Cadillac, not some old beater for $100 bucks. If it is not even driveable NOW and needs THREE DAYS WORK just to be driveable... I would be looking SOMEWHERE ELSE. Who knows what else will be wrong and what other excuse he will come up with.

There is most certainly a time limit on the contract, probably 48 or 72 hours, after which you are stuck with it. My guess is, he is stalling you till the contract is binding.

But it is your money.

As others have said... with the first major problem... you should have given it back and looked somewhere else.

But then again... maybe he is a good guy and is doing the RIGHT THING and doing a complete TIMESERT job on it. I hope so... for your sake.

Posted Image

Cornfed,

My impression is that the dealer has got a REALLY good deal on that car (bought cheap, sold a few grands more than it is worth), and now does his best to have it out even if it costs him a couple of hundreds to somehow "fix" it, but again it is not my money, if you think those people care about you...good for you.

Something does not seem right here, or I am missing info from another thread. Are there more details here?

How much did you buy this car for? Is it a 1997? What would induce the seller to sink $$$ into this car or more to replace an engine? If the block is cracked you need a new engine, period. Is he putting a junk yard engine in.

What am I missing

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Something does not seem right here, or I am missing info from another thread. Are there more details here?

How much did you buy this car for? Is it a 1997? What would induce the seller to sink $$$ into this car or more to replace an engine? If the block is cracked you need a new engine, period. Is he putting a junk yard engine in.

What am I missing

I bought the car for 4k, gave the guy 1k down and he set up payments for a year on the differance.

The guy is a good guy and has made alot of money on his reutation as a good car dealer, and he said that if he had to lose money on the deal, then so be it.

I called the mechanic today, that he has working on the car and ask him about the timesert and he told me that they were doing a complete head job on the car.

I look at it this way, if the car is good after this then i saved alot of money on things that would have gone wrong in the future .

If I had the option of returning the car i would have, but there is no 3 day law in wisconsin for contracts and it was bought as is.( I bought it in good faith and he is honoring his end i believe) to repair the undiscloded problems.

Confused......

Archived