CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2008 CTS teaser

Bruce Nunnally

IPB Image

DETROIT, Mich. (January 7/8, 2007) - Ed Welburn, GM Vice President, Global Design (left) and Bob Lutz, GM Vice Chairman, Global Product Development, provide a sneak peek of the all-new 2008 Cadillac CTS, which will be fully revealed at Detroit's North American International Auto Show in January. The performance luxury sedan is scheduled to begin production in late-summer of 2007, with worldwide sales to follow in the fall.

Cadillac's first-generation CTS built a strong record of success on many levels since its inception in 2002. Cadillac sold more than 60,000 copies in the U.S. in 2005, compared to roughly 38,000 in 2002, an increase of more than 50% over that period. There are roughly 275,000 CTS owners worldwide, and industry researchers say they are among the most satisfied in the automotive market. AutoPacific rated CTS as the top Entry Luxury Car in its annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards in 2006.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Oh I like it, it looks very aggressive! It has sort of an Audi center grill section but with a Cadillac twist to it..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Oh I like it, it looks very aggressive! It has sort of an Audi center grill section but with a Cadillac twist to it..

Not enough chrome :lol:

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

Very nice, I see alot of current CTS owners trading their product in and pumping the market full of used vehicles that I would love to pick up :)...just got ot hope some have the manual transmission... I've seen only 3 or 4 manual versions of the CTS (minus the V versions I've seen.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Three nice smiles and a coy wink.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The CTS-V's all came with a manual tranny, and are getting less and less expensive, esp. the first-year 2004 models.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Along the same line of discussion, here is an interior shot of the new SLS, to

be imported into China.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

That's a Cadillac grill for sure.I remember I thought that the new DTS grill would take a long time getting used to,but when I first seen it on the street,I was like:You can't mistake that for no Chrylser or a Benz or a BMW for that matter.That's what I always liked about Cadillacs.You can't really mistake them for any other vehicle out there.

Now if they'll be automatic,and maybe even offer a Norhstar for the CTS, it would be even sweeter...(For me at least).

Not that the LS1 is not as nice,but still...

Let Chevy make Chevys and Caddy make Caddys.

The new CTS defenitely stands out from the crowd.

Florin

they are really keeping that rear-end underwraps. That picture of it on the nurburg looks like they just hooked up trailer lights to keep it a secret for now :)

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

At the link in my post above - about 2" below pix is a link for more pix. No 2 shows rear end which looks real good to my taste.

yeah but thats just a photoshop job not the actual finished product.

The Green's Machines

• 2 weeks later...

Archived