CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Upcoming Caddyinfo contests

I am planning to begin monthly Caddyinfo.com contests. Each contest will have specific rules stated in the invitation post. The purpose of the contests is to have fun, to build community by hearing more about people especially how people got or use their Cadillacs, and in some cases to showcase vendors who offer or support Cadillac products. The first contest would be this month.

The contest ideas I have in mind are: best story related to buying / owning /enjoying your Cadillac, best Cadillac photo of the month, most helpful post of the month, Cadillac trivia (with drawings from the correct answers). The contests will notionally be monthly, although an individual contest might last for only a few days, or a week.

Prizes for non-supporting members will be Supporting Membership for 6 months duration.

Prizes for Supporting Members will be announced, usually either Cash, Supporting Vendor donated Cadillac related items, or Cadillac related prizes such as hats, or gift certificates, etc. The individual invitation post will detail the prize planned for that month.

Individuals could only win say once a quarter. They could still play / participate, but the prize would go to 2nd place if they won for example.

I am open to other ideas of course. We may try judging by polls some months, or nominations by PM to me, in the case of trivia answers or best posts votes, or having my Wife choose if objectivity is key, or taste, otherwise I would select a winner based on the contest criteria.

Pls reply if you think this sounds interesting / entertaining, or have other ideas for contests or themes you would enjoy.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce,

I particularly enjoyed the "Caption This Photo" contest.

In a very round about way, I actually won that contest! "Scotty" (BbF) was awarded the Cadillac center cap provided by cardio-doc. Mike added an analog clock mechanism to that center cap and presented it to me on the occasion of my '98 ESC purchase last month. Just a gentleman!

Quite beyond my personal satisfaction, it was tons of fun. :):):)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I like the idea, and I would participate.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

sounds like it could be fun, and I always like free stuff :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Sounds like fun, let the games begin :lol:

(Thanks Warren B) )

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Great idea. I could really go for the best Cadillac photo of the month. :D

Yeah, but you'd win that hands down! :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Sounds like this could be a lot of fun.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

I'm not conceeding any photo contests. :angry:

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Verry nice. My best cameras are film cameras, and I'm tied up this weekend. Casual digital photo a couple of months old on my profile. Watch this space, and my profile, for further developments.

Great idea. I could really go for the best Cadillac photo of the month. :D

Yeah, but you'd win that hands down! :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Yeah. But maybe it would encourage everyone else to practice taking photos. Maybe even make some spend the dough on a camera like mine. :)

IPB Image

Archived