CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A Few Pictures of My New (to me) 2011 Cadillac

Texas Jim

Truly and wholly magnificent!

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Good looking car Jim. Glad you found the one you wanted.

Thanks Bruce... As you know, I have been looking for one for a long time.

They are really hard to find... It only has a little over 20,000 miles on it.

I was almost getting resigned to having to buy a Chevy and then my Son sent me the link to this one in Abilene...

We jumped in the car... after calling the dealer and verifying that they still had it and would hold it for me till I could get there.

Posted Image

Truly and wholly magnificent!

Thank you Jim... I appreciate that... :)

So far I love it...Now I have to see about TUNING it like I did the last one...

I have an appointment with my Dealer at 8am Tuesday for them to go over it with a fine toothed comb and fix anything they find wrong...and since I don't know for sure when the oil was changed last, I will have it changed with Mobil 1...

Posted Image

Very elegant and stylish Caddy. The significance of the Elvis radio wasn't lost on me either lol. I also like how the gas tank access is up high on the rear pillar.

Thank you... :)

With the tank access there, it makes it easy to get to...

Elvis DID like his Cadillacs... LOL

Posted Image

I also like how the gas tank access is up high on the rear pillar.

That's the same place that they've been in since 2006 or so, but no remote opener.

Nice car! Does it have the rear sunshade too? Pretty much identical to mine, 'cept for the door sills, the wood trim is a little lighter, and that PLATINUM badge of course!

No M/R shocks on mine though, darn it!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I also like how the gas tank access is up high on the rear pillar.

That's the same place that they've been in since 2006 or so, but no remote opener.

Nice car! Does it have the rear sunshade too? Pretty much identical to mine, 'cept for the door sills, the wood trim is a little lighter, and that PLATINUM badge of course!

No M/R shocks on mine though, darn it!

I am really liking the lighter colored wood... I have had a bunch of them and they all had dark wood.

I am glad this one is a little different.

That's the "REDNECK" sunshade... it'll keep your neck from getting red while riding back from the golf course late in the afternoon and the sun shining in thru the back window... :) LOL

But it does not have the REAR SIDE WINDOW shades... I reckon that's about the only thing it doesn't have, that I can think of.

Posted Image

That rear sunshade is also pretty handy for blocking the headlights of tailgaters at night, but the downside to that is that the shade also blocks the sensor in the mirror so your side view mirrors don't darken as much. Still pretty handy at times.

What is the final drive ratio on the Platinum? Is it the same as the STS/Performance, or is it the taller DTS gearing? If it's the latter, you're not going to like it much for passing. Keep in mind that this is a personal observation, the STS was at 90 - 100 mph while the DTS is at 80 - 90 in the same amount of time. Still works, but not quite as impressive.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

That rear sunshade is also pretty handy for blocking the headlights of tailgaters at night, but the downside to that is that the shade also blocks the sensor in the mirror so your side view mirrors don't darken as much. Still pretty handy at times.

What is the final drive ratio on the Platinum? Is it the same as the STS/Performance, or is it the taller DTS gearing? If it's the latter, you're not going to like it much for passing. Keep in mind that this is a personal observation, the STS was at 90 - 100 mph while the DTS is at 80 - 90 in the same amount of time. Still works, but not quite as impressive.

It has the 3.73 not the 3.11.

It is a fancied up Performance model.

They changed the name from Performance to Platinum and added a few thousand to the price...LOL

I had real dark tint on the rear window of the other car and you are right, the mirrors don't darken much at all at night.

This is a picture of the 2006 Performance I traded in...

20120707_085012.jpg..

Posted Image

Very nice indeed! I really like the warm inviting interior! If only I had a big garage... I can picture a Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 inline six-cylinder engine, my STS, a STS-V, a DTS, a few Vettes..

Very nice indeed! I really like the warm inviting interior! If only I had a big garage... I can picture a Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 inline six-cylinder engine, my STS, a STS-V, a DTS, a few Vettes..

I want a garage like THAT too... :):)

Posted Image

Archived