CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FS: 1928 CADILLAC SEDAN - $21500

1928 CADILLAC SEDAN - $21500 (DALLAS,TX)

00000_i4XDN7c8yPk_600x450.jpg

1928 CADILLAC title status : clean

1928 CADILLAC FISHER BODY CLOSE COUPLED SEDAN . ORIGINAL V-8. THIS IS A MISSOURI BARN FIND WITH 60,000 ORIGINAL MILES. SAME FAMILY OWNED SINCE 1961. I PUT SOME OIL DOWN THE SPARK PLUG HOLES AND TURNED THE MOTOR OVER BY HAND.. IT IS FREE. IT WAS REBUILT AT ONE TIME. ALL THE DOORS SHUT WELL. IT MIGHT HAVE ITS ORIGINAL PAINT. RUST FREE EXCEPT FOR THE BATTERY BOX. NOT RUNNING. NEEDS RETORATION OR GET IT RUNNING AND LEAVE IT LIKE IT IS. NO TRADES., NO FINANCING. CLEAR TITLE IN HAND

Read more: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4554652522.html

1928 was the first year for the larger 341 cubic inch V8 series at Cadillac. The original V8 came out in 1915, and was redesigned for the 1926 with 314 cubic inches, then enlarged to 341 cubic inches in 1928. It would be interesting if Cadillacs were still named after their engines! The engine was good for about 90 gross horsepower.

This was the first Cadillac designed by Harley Earl, and was available with 42 different body styles, yet still offered delivery in most cases within 3-7 weeks.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Now that's the kinda Caddy you want if you're into antiques for sure. Theres another thread on here about 'what you'd do if you won the lottery?' well, if that ever happened to me, this is one Caddy I'd love to buy and let Tim and CCC go crazy on.

that's a marvelous 38 Cadillac Fleetwood Göran

0646909610.jpg

I can't follow all the translation but it sounds to be in good shape.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The article is excellent, although it is really an overview of the problem. In point of fact, he points out that manufacturer's recommendations are based on minimizing cost of ownership for the first four years, where depreciation drive that cost, at the expense of later repairs, with a horizon at 100,000 miles. A good example of that is GM's recommendation never to service the transmission.

I maintained my 1997 ETC with that in mind, servicing the transmission every 30,000 miles and changing the oil every 3,000 to 6,000 miles with Mobil 1. Later I used the OLM and changed the oil at 50%.

What I ran into was that mechanics often silently disagreed with me and did things that had to re-fix more or less immediately, like put cheap brake discs on my car. One took my money to replace the front stabilizer links and never touched them (probably not intentionally, but it happened). When I had electrical problems with the EBTCM connector and he couldn't find the problem, he advised me to "drive with the lights on" because it wouldn't affect emissions inspection. It became a struggle to keep the car in the condition that I insist on for my daily driver.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It is very true. I say nobody knows your car better than you.

I feel the same way you do. I find this all over the place. I ask only if I want it fixed properly. If I didnt want it fixed I would just drive it.

Especially my Seville. I am extremely picky on everything with that one. I only use OEM parts, I dont want anything added onto the car.

The only aftermarket parts I installed was the front struts, but thats because of the cost of the original equipment was too high at the time.

I cant even tell you how many people told me I was insane for paying to get the engine fixed when I bought the car, but to this day I still have people asking all kinds of questions and turning heads. It seems everywhere I go I have people eyeballing it.

It is the attention to detail overall that holds the value. A collector looks for originality which is what I go for.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived