CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1996 Cadillac STS - $1,000.00 (New Orleans)

If I hadn't already purchased my '99 Eldo I would have at least went to look at this Caddy. The STS from the '90's are a beautiful car and worth saving.

Note: I have no connection to the ad or anything like that. Just a random Craigslist find.

1996_cadillac_sts_new_orleans_june_2014_

Clean, but needs some work. It has a leak in the radiator causing it to overheat. It starts, but you can't get far because of overheating. That is ALL I KNOW of wrong with it. I'm selling AS IS!!

$1,000 AS IS, PERIOD!!!!

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/4504113295.html

If all it needs is a radiator, why doesn't the seller put a radiator in it and sell it for more money? Answer: He knows the headgaskets are bad and does not want to put the money into the car.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Is it worth $500 as-is, knowing that it needs head gaskets and probably more? If so, offer $500 if you want a project car. The finish and interior had better be really exemplary, though.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Never crazy about cars that have been parked in grass. I doubt the leaking radiator would cause overheating unless it is leaking a bit.

Not too bad of a deal though if in otherwise good condition. I payed 1500 for my 97 Seville with bad head bolts. worth every penny

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Maybe he was mowing his lawn when he found this car.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Maybe he was mowing his lawn when he found this car.

Mowing his lawn???? Look again! ;)

Yeah, it looks like he might have found it clearing shrubs around the window A/C drip zone. Note that the wheels are rim-deep in the dirt.

That car isn't worth $500 in that condition... A friend of mine has a 2001 Deville that has a cracked engine block that could be bought for $500 and a 2001 Deville is worth more than a '97 Seville...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If the body and interior are in good shape, and this is *not* one of the Katrina-flooded cars, and everything is there and good except the motor, it should be worth $500 as a project or parts car. I don't think that the difference in scrap price between years makes much difference in value once the car is much over 10 years old. I would want to jack it up and look at the underside, jump it and run the codes, and put it on a lift for final inspection before even paying $500 for a project car though. A parts car buy might be able to absorb more risk, like mud in the transmission or bad half-shafts.

Archived