CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all. My new eldo is so quiet that the little things bug me.

Anyway my windows rattle in the doors when they are down. I typically love to drive with the windows all the way down when it is nice, especially being not having frames around the windows.

I was wondering if there is a guide track in the door at the front and back of the window like the traditional doors?

I know they like to rot on the traditional doors so maybe these have the same issue. Thanks

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 2 months later...

bump please. I am sure someone has run into this.

Is it normal?

No... it isn't normal.

Is the rubber flashing good at the door ... where you would lay your arm while driving?

I have seen that piece get hard and cracked and no longer holds the top of the window securely when the window is down... thus letting it rattle.

Posted Image

That part looks good. It seems like something inside the doors, it does it horribly when they are all the way down.

GM FAN FOREVER

That part looks good. It seems like something inside the doors, it does it horribly when they are all the way down.

You will probably have to take the door panels off and see what is loose/worn that is causing it.

Posted Image

May have a bolt out inside the door that holds the track at the bottom. Or the bracket could have broke. I bet its something simple. I'm like you I like my window down! That rattle would drive me crazy . Good Luck!!!!

especially having a frameless coupe, I love to have my windows down. I will have to take the doors back apart again. I hate the thought of even touching the chintsy door panels on the eldo.

GM FAN FOREVER

Those door panels on the Eldorado are junky. Mine now have some strategically placed countersunk headed stainless steel screws in them.You can't see them and they work great. The fella before me had a problem that I inherited and had to fix LOL!!

I hate to say anything bad but there has not been one eldo I have seen without broken door panels.

GM FAN FOREVER

My 1997 ETC developed loose door panels. After I time, I mentioned this to someone that was servicing the car and he told me that the Eldorado had two huge screws that held it firmly, plus a bunch of push-in retainers around the bottom and sides, and he tightened the screws and pushed in the retainers and they were tight as a drum the rest of the time I had the car, a total of almost 15 years.

It really depends on who works on your car. It seems that most don't bother to tighten the screws, or push in the retainers. People getting ham-fisted and stripping the screws and bending or breaking the retainers is common too. If you have a problem, ask your detailer or body shop about it. Make sure that they have the experience, parts and expertise to repair previous damage. My door panels had no permanent damage but I've seen posts here from people that did need parts and an experienced hand to get the door panels right on their Eldorado.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

There is only one screw down at the bottom rear of the panel, and the rest is hooks that push down into the door, the problem is that the hooks are all made of the plastic/rubber that cannot hold up when it comes to the weight of the doors.

I only like the door panel setup on the Deville. The Seville uses the same exact setup as the eldo but the doors are not as heavy so they are not as prone to damage

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived