CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Allante: Grab it or Walk Away Quickly?

00101_c8jDHQWxrgg_600x450.jpg
00202_5MdEgUg4e7c_50x50c.jpg00x0x_jjdF2TTSOTA_50x50c.jpg00101_c8jDHQWxrgg_50x50c.jpg00A0A_bTxjEOP4mTN_50x50c.jpg00f0f_jJQPRz62hzO_50x50c.jpg00808_fisrhNyS6d_50x50c.jpg00b0b_GOJz3MCksx_50x50c.jpg

1993 cadillac allante odometer: 69500 automatic transmission title : clean

This unique find is a RARE 1993 Cadillac ALLANTE PININFARNA in Polo Green and Charcoal Gray interior. This car has been well maintained, has NEVER been wrecked, runs GREAT, the interior and convertible top are in excellent condition, and includes the rare factory hard top (one of only 200 produced at the factory), LCD Digital dash board, and factory chrome wheels as shown on the original factory window sticker (which is also included.)

However, this fabulous Allante has several repair/refurbish needs including unlock button on driver side door, motors for convertible top, worn weather stripping in various places, various minor paint touch ups, and other minor repair needs.

We intend to eventually make all repairs and list on eBay for approximatiely $17,500+.
However, we are willing to offer it here for a firm, reduced price of $14,250 as it stands.

Please call if interested.

Read More: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4456453305.html

This Allante seems fully priced for several years ago before the prices fell. The 93 has always carried a premium, but with other years falling to around $5K it would be hard to pay this much premium for relatively low miles and the NS engine. I do love the green color. The top must be broken however (motors for convertible top needed) and parts availability for the Allante is an issue.

What do you think? Grab it or Walk Away Quickly?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Offer him what you think it's worth and see what happens. If he holds firm, go away and don't look back.

At 70,000 miles and 20 years old, it will need shocks and struts. If it spent time in the salt belt, you can expect lots of undercar problems either now or in the near future. I would get a CarFAX before I called him.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think I'd run away... NADA lists that car at:

• High retail: $15200
  • Average retail: $10650
  • Low retail: $7075

That car is NOT worth what he's asking with the issues it has. High retail would mean the car is just about showroom condition.

Kelly Blue Book only went back to 1994...

Edmunds had the following values which are a joke in my opinion...

• Clean dealer retail $3199
  • Clean private party: $2249
  • Average dealer retail: $2441
  • Average private party: $1759

I do not believe the Edmunds values - I don't know how they arrive at their values but I have never been able to buy a car as cheaply as Edmunds prices them and I always negotiate until the dealer is sick of me and gives in......

That said, I've seen 1993 Allantes in better shape than that one, without the mechanical issues, and with comparable miles sell for $5000-6000... I think a lot of people list their cars, boats, snowmobiles, etc. on Craigslist with no intention of selling them unless they get an astronomical price. Then they will sell them.

Carfax and Autocheck are just about worthless for a car more than 10 years old. After 10 years, the mileage does not need to be reported so there is not any DMV records of plate renewals. In the early 1990s, reporting to agencies such as Carfax was not as common as it is now. When I was looking for a transmission for my '97 Seville, I had the Chevy dealer run a Carfax for me on the transmissions I was looking at and it did not show any useful information. They ran the warranty and service records (from GM's system) and that told me everything I wanted to know.

Parts, especially body parts, ABS pumps and headlight assemblies are difficult if not impossible to find for the Allante.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think that the Allante is too old and too low production to be a good daily driver because of the parts problems that KHE speaks of. And, the price seems to be way out of line, and the seller is quite possibly fishing as KHE says he has seen on Craiglist before (and we all have seen on used car lots, ads in the paper, cars parked near the street with For Sale signs in the windows, etc.).

Perhaps attempting to find a pair of 1993 Allante convertible top motors will tell you why this car is up for sale.

KBB says that the price of a 2005 XLR is about $15.5K from a private party in good condition.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

After going to actually look at it and talk to the owner, "IF" I still wanted it pretty bad and "AFTER" checking on the availability and price of the conv top motors, I wouldn't offer over 8k.... and would probably start out at less than that.

Also, those wheels look really dull to be chrome wheels...

Posted Image

I have a man here in Kansas that wants to sell a red allante here for approx. $5000. I believe his father was the only owner. I can't speak to the condition, but if you are interested in it I will do some checking. He is a personal friend so I ca surely get accurate details. He mentioned it to me a week ago, but it sparked no interest in me. I may be wrong but I think his is not a northstar engine. As for me, there is no comparison between an xlr and really any other car. People continually ask what it is and want to know check it out. Also it is very quiet, having the hard top convertible. They are very expensive if repairs are needed however and of course soon to be harder to find (parts), same as the allante.

The XLR sold from 2005 through 2009, whereas the last model year for Allante was 1993. That's sixteen years difference in the last year. Dealers will back the XLR for at least five more years under the standard 10-year policy.

KBB says that a typical price of a 2009 XLR-V is $38.5K from a private party, $32.2K without the V.

I would much rather have an XLR than an Allante, particularly at this late date.

Cadillac Jim

I don't mean to call you or KBB a liar, but I would bet my house, you can't buy an 09 v for anything near $38K. I think for kicks I will do a little checking, but the 07's are just coming off warranty, so are out there at close to that. I even doub't you can buy a nice low mileage 07 for that. well off to see how much of my foot is inserted in mouth :P

Mmmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

I have debated a allante before but decided not to for a few reasons.

Parts are scarce, production was limited before and nearly impossible now.

IIRC they had some electrical issues and top issues. Nice looking and fast though.

I would run the other way at that price

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived