CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2011 Cadillac CTS 5dr Wgn

$_4.JPG

Could this be Texas Jim's next Cadillac?

Year:

Warranty:

Vehicle has an existing warranty

Make:

Cadillac

Vehicle Title:

Clear

Model:

CTS

Options:

CD Player

Mileage:

Power Options:

Power Locks

Sub Model:

5dr Wgn

Fuel Type:

Gasoline

Exterior Color:

Black

For Sale By:

Dealer

Interior Color:

Gray

Vehicle Inspection:

Inspected (include details in your description)

Number of Cylinders:

Trim:

V Wagon 4-Door

Transmission:

Unspecified

Engine:

6.2L 376Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Supercharged

Body Type:

Wagon

Drive Type:

RWD

Read more: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS-5dr-Wgn-Caddilac-CTS-V-Wagon-Black-Sunroof-Leather-6-2L-Navigation-Wagon-5dr-Recaro-/321387326850?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4ad42d6d82&item=321387326850&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

KBB lists this at around 40,000 dollars (didn't know to add accessories); big bucks for a 3 year old with moderately high mileage. (yeah, I know it's a "V", but still) :rolleyes:

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Jim said even though this one is local and is a V and is a Wagon, its the wrong color. He wants a white V wagon, so no sale.

Bruce

Jim said even though this one is local and is a V and is a Wagon, its the wrong color. He wants a white V wagon, so no sale.

I said RED... but White would probably be OK.. :)

Posted Image

I would take *any* color. Except pink.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Well, I dunno. I would *love* two CTS-V's in the garage. But my wife drives about 2,000 miles a year and she has a perfectly good car with only 51,000 miles on it; I put a battery trickle charger on it whenever State Farm In-Drive sends me an e-mail that the battery is starting to get low. A beautiful car like that would go to waste, I'm afraid. Besides, she wants a SmartCar :angry2: (dead last in J.W. Power's quality ratings last year) or a VW Bug :wipetears because they are "soooo cute!!!!" If she *must* look at another car, I will have her pick out something small at a Chevrolet or Buick dealer and look for one used.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Maybe a 911 would suit her? The 911SC from early 80s are still just affordable and pretty reliable (where not all years can that be said).

Bruce

Well, I dunno. I would *love* two CTS-V's in the garage. But my wife drives about 2,000 miles a year and she has a perfectly good car with only 51,000 miles on it; I put a battery trickle charger on it whenever State Farm In-Drive sends me an e-mail that the battery is starting to get low. A beautiful car like that would go to waste, I'm afraid. Besides, she wants a SmartCar :angry2: (dead last in J.W. Power's quality ratings last year) or a VW Bug :wipetears because they are "soooo cute!!!!" If she *must* look at another car, I will have her pick out something small at a Chevrolet or Buick dealer and look for one used.

A SmartCar???? I fail to see what is so "Smart" about a SmartCar...

Those things look like a baby buggy to me - they might as well come with six handles to double as a coffin... I have a friend who has one I won't ride in it under any circumstances - If that were in a collision with a Suburban or pickup, the occupants would not fair well.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

KHE - you and I are guys, and my wife is not. She isn't serious, of course, but she does like some of the tiny town cars out recently like the SmartForTwo and Fiat 500, because they are sorta cute. I think of what it would be like to get in one every day and drive it myself, and that doesn't rise to the top in her mind when a car just goes past on the road or we see it in the parking lot. She doesn't like big cars because she is more comfortable with being able to see closer to the car and not have trouble with small spaces while parking and crowding in traffic, that sort of thing, and I feel a bit the same way.

Then, there is always this possibility with too small a car:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3450073969001/police-seek-suspects-motive-in-smart-car-vandalism-/#sp=show-clips

If I were to look for a small normally aspirated car I would want something like a Cooper S or other best-of-class car with presentable performance. But she already drives one of those; her 1999 Pontiac Grand AM GT has the GM Level 3 suspension (FE3) with 50% profile OEM tires and the engine is the H.O., and it is the only model that has the H.O. engine, although there were Impala/Monte Carlo and van versions with up to 185 hp. It isn't too far behind my 1997 ETC in low-speed performance and throttle response. I believe its rated at 175 hp but it feels like more than that. The regular 3.4 liter V6 for the GT was 170 hp, just 5 hp down. I rarely drive her car but it is quite acceptable for me.

Maybe a 911 would suit her? The 911SC from early 80s are still just affordable and pretty reliable (where not all years can that be said).

I don't think that she wants another car. She might have trouble getting in and out of the Porsche. And, she doesn't drive standard shift.

She isn't a car enthusiast. She only vaguely appreciates the startlingly high performance available in her 1999 Grand Am GT., particularly in handling and braking, where it can hold with the best out there even today. She would be disappointed in how a simple town car drives after her Grand Am GT.

I would take *any* color. Except pink.

I would take any color including pink :) as long as I didn't have to get rid of my xlr to get it!

That's part of our problem. Right now my wife likes her car. It's low mileage, excellent condition, and is an excellent performer.

I don't think that she wants another car. She might have trouble getting in and out of the Porsche. And, she doesn't drive standard shift.

She isn't a car enthusiast. She only vaguely appreciates the startlingly high performance available in her 1999 Grand Am GT., particularly in handling and braking, where it can hold with the best out there even today. She would be disappointed in how a simple town car drives after her Grand Am GT.

That's part of our problem. Right now my wife likes her car. It's low mileage, excellent condition, and is an excellent performer.

That doesn't sound like a problem to me...LOL. Those are the reasons (in addition to the fact that I did not want to buy another car) I put a transmission in the '97 STS.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I loved my ETC too, and I drove it and maintained it until March 2012, when a barely perceptible but troublesome miss and my long-time lust for a CTS-V got the better of me. I still miss the ETC sometimes. But I don't have room for three cars unless I part one outside and partially clog the driveway, which is not really acceptable to me.

Archived