CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heated steering, seats: Frill or Fabulous?

This morning my local weather was a brisk 14F here north of Dallas, and we were a relativly warm spot in the US.

My Cadillac lost its garage spot to an antique Roadster replica I am restoring, so we both start out in the cold together. Before I used it, I considered the heated steering wheel a bell or whistle sort of accessory interesting, but not all that useful. Now it is one of my favorite comfort accessories in the winter. The heated steering wheel is an electric coil arrangement under the leather of the wheel, and is controlled by a switch on the steering wheel. On a cold morning it is very cozy.

Read more: http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/heated-steering-heated-seats-happy-winter-cadillac-motoring/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel...

If I use remote start and it is 40 F or less, they turn on automatically.

If I let it run for a few minutes, by the time I get in the car, it is already warm, the seats are warm and the steering wheel is nice and warm.

I also like the AUTOMATIC DEFROST that it does.

If the car is parked outside, it uses the Rain Sensing part of the wipers to tell if there is anything on the windshield.

If there is, it automatically diverts all interior airflow to the windshield and turns on the rear defroster.

After 4 minutes of running, it heats the washer fluid and squirts hot washer fluid onto the windshield, while activating the wipers.

It will do that three times or until the windshield is clear whichever comes first.

I also like the cooled seats in the summer time... depending on outside temperature, either the AC cooled seats or the heated seats are almost always on.

Posted Image

My '08 DTS does the same as Jim's, and it's terrific on cold mornings. I find that I need to use the heated steering wheel sparingly, otherwise my hands will begin to perspire and that isn't too comfortable.

The cooled seats are great too, but much more useful on a long trip. Whereas the heated seats have an immediate benefit, the cooled seats come in real handy near the end of a 5 - 6 hour driving stint.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I got used to heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated seats real quick. I miss them when I'm driving my other vehicle, and if I can afford them (next car purchase) they will be on the new car too. Not essential, but wow, that's luxury.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

The automatic defrost on Texas Jim's car sounds amazing. I had no idea that they offered that option (assuming it wasn't standard equipment). My '99 STS has heated seats only, and I don't think I could ever go back to a car without them.

holy features batman, I love my heated seats, and unlike many other makes, I find the cadillacs heat up quickly.

I had rainsense on my 96 ETC and loved it, it is the only one I saw that had it. havent found another yet. I didnt know the newer ones could do all the other fancy stuff.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Not 100% sure about the 2014's, since I saw rainsense available on the CTS I was checking out. The 2006 and 2008 years (Jim's and mine) rainsense was included on the performance models (Jim's) and the Luxury 3 (mine) only. Mine also includes the electric rear sunshade, and I think Jim's does too. Ultimately the only differences between the two cars is the final drive ratio, and the suspension. Unless my seats are bit thicker as some passengers have commented but I'm not certain of that.

My 1999 STS had rainsense and I found it so useful on that car that I was determined that its replacement would include that option as well.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived