CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Been w/o Cadillac for awhile. Was looking for something that´s useable for sundayrides as well as daily driver when I need it. Have had many offers but I Think I´ll go for this:

3959454725.jpgLike I said: Have I lost it? :yupi3ti:

Seville 1990. About 83K miles. Been in the same family since -95. Perfekt running order. 4,5 liter engine. Floor shift. All original exc weels and conniekit?

I have never seen that Phaeton roof irl before and doubt there is another like it in Sweden.

The cover on the Continental kit matches the roof. This car is a real find. Please keep it garaged and the salt and snow washed out of the underside.

This car should give you many years of daily use.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Wow that is the best seville of that era I have seen. Very nice,The seville really has a look all of its own

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Just a few more pics of this gem......

sdc10995.JPG

sdc10997.JPG

sdc11000.JPG

sdc11008.JPG

sdc11004.JPG

It has done about 500 miles in the last 14 years........ mostly weddings.

On (the short) todolist is filling up and preassuretest the AC.

Ordinary service.

Finding a BOOSE CD-player that fits. Anyone here that has one laying around????? :hatsoff:

wow that is mint. Good luck on the cd player. they are hard to find.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

The right rear speaker has some problem. After about 10 minutes it goes "WOOOMP" and "FOOSH" whit some "distorsion". No matter volume, balance or fadeing - the noice from that speaker is constant. In my mind that indicates a problem in or near the speaker itself. Am i right? Can someone guide me to the speaker? From the rear seat or the trunk?

BTW: Will a original Bose CD-player be "plug´n play"?

• 2 weeks later...

No, a BOSE will not be plug´n play! :(

I´m a bit puzzeled. The noise on the right side (maybe back AND front) is still there but as said only after awhile and only with motor running!? Sounds as if you had a microfone on it and the wind is blowing in the mic. One or two "whooosh" and then nothing for 20-60 sec.

Noiselevel is the same how ever you set volume, balance or fad! WHAT IS THAT?????

The unit will not accept a MC - just won´t stick in there. A known problem?

Plz help!

If you are getting speaker noises that aren't affected by the radio tuning or volume control setting, you have either poor connections to the speaker, a bad ground (perhaps a bad ground from the door to the body), or you radio needs work. Specifically, electrolytic capacitors in the radio may have dried up over the years and need to be replaced.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Ok. I guess there is no way around taking it apart. What is the correct approach for taking the unit out? I don´t see any screws or holes on the outside. Can the frame be loosened whitout breaking it?

Any clues for the tape? Is it supposed to go all the way in or should the cassett stay visible?

Someone with experience with this model year range needs to tell you how to take the radio out. It may come out the back, under the dash, or the cover screws may be in the back that let the cover be removed, showing retainer nuts and mounting screws and bolts.

Most tape units leave the tape cassette showing about a centimeter so that the cassette can be removed simply by pulling on it. A few"gulp" it in like a CD and have an eject button. If you don't see an eject button, it should remain visible and projecting out enough to grip it to remove it.

Archived