CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Advice or help on A/C problem

Hi to all on here, I been reading many topics but could not find any answers to the problem I have.

This is my first post. I owe a seville 1996 with less then 65K or 40K miles on the clock.

My problem is A/C related and I hope someone can help. The compressor has been replaced, due to Code low refrigerant and AC off message, had a leaking compressor, After replacing the compressor the a/c worked fine for some time until it would just cut out with no message at all apart from ac off without code , the low pressure switch has since been replaced but it doesn't fix the problem, each time the a/c cuts out I disconnect the battery to reset, this works for a while but is no cure. As the fault returns, ..

Pull the diagnostic codes - if the compressor is not operating and disconnecting and reconnecting the negative battery cable gets it going again, there has to be an ACM code set.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Shot in the dark (happened to my '04 Bravada); it was the ambient air temperature sensor that was telling the computer it was colder than it actually was) and wouldn't allow the compressor to run. But as 'Oldtimer' said, get checked for codes.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Welcome to caddyinfo forum.

Agree. check codes .

Is your outside temperature reading accurate?

I would have said possibly relay but that wouldnt change when you disconnect the battery. you should definately have a code.

Just a hunch but I would look at the pressure sensor up toward the cowl as the wiring can get pulled and lose connection.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Not sure if this is correct i have no clue what it means either when it gets to the last PCM? display i get a bit lost as not sure what button to press or what it actually sk of me .

The following codes is the result

CODE PC0603 HISTORY

CODE IP1552 HISTORY

NO ACM CODES

NO SDN CODES

CODE TC0023 HISTORY

CODE RS0061 HISTORY

CODE PZ1552 HOSTORY

CODE PZ1558 HISTORY

NO IRC DATA

NO RFA CODES

NO CCP CODES

PCM?

When it displays PMC? Can I go further? Which button do I need to press?

at the end of the code cycle it will ask you if you want to access each computer. that is why it shows pcm? because that is the first computer in the list. it doesnt actually mean anything

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Sorry to sound naive which buttons do I press to go further into, I did try the up or down button but that didn't do anything.

I appreciate the advice do the codes which I posted show anything in regards to my AC fault?

Assuming you have the dual climate control, simultaneousle press the OFF and PASSENGER WARMER rocker button. The codes will be displayed on the information center.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Based on the codes you posted above you don't have any ACM codes or AC codes. You need to check for codes when the compressor is not working, if you disconnected the battery, and the compressor runs, no code will be set. The next time the compressor stops running, check codes

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

FYI

P0603 Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

B1552 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

T023 RF Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

S061 Right Front Position Sensor Fault

B1558 BCM EPROM Checksum Error

The OBD I codes are carry-overs that showed in the first year of OBD II on some GM cars in the 1994-1995-1996 model years, particularly Corvettes and Cadillacs.

The fact that there are no air conditioner module (ACM) codes means that nothing has been detected since the last time you unhooked the battery. What KHE and BodybyFisher say - check the codes when you see a problem, and the code will tell you what the problem is.

At the prompt "PCM?" it's best to back out of the diagnostic mode unless you know what you're doing. You can start over the parade of codes by pressing the OFF button. You can exit the diagnostic mode by pressing Auto (push in the temperature knob), Info Reset, or by turning off the key.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived