CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Went in the hospital Sunday afternoon.

Blood pressure was 209 over 109 when I got around to buying a machine to check it with.

I have never had blood pressure issues before, so this was a new one on me.

When I got up Sunday morning... I was really dizzy and light headed.

Other than that I felt fine.

As the day progressed, most of the dizziness went away, and I was feeling "ALMOST" back to normal.

In the afternoon...I was talking to my son on ICQ, (he does have high blood pressure)... and he said that when he missed taking his meds...he would feel that way.

I went to WalMart and bought a blood pressure machine... came back home and took a reading.

It was 209 over 109 at that time but I was feeling almost normal... not all dizzy and light headed like earlier in the day.

Went to the ER... they immediately gave me a shot to lower it... hooked me to an EKG and rushed me to the cardiac floor.

Spent Sunday after noon, Sunday night and all day Monday getting rushed around to various places in the hospital have different tests done.

They let me out just before dark Monday evening.

Took a 3.5 hour STRESS TEST yesterday.

I couldn't figure out how to study for the test... hope I passed. :D

I am now on blood pressure meds and waiting around for word from the Dr on what caused it.

So far...they haven't given me any indication that they even "KNOW" what caused it.

Thanks to anyone that read this boring message to the end.

You have a lot of patience.

:D :D :D :D

Posted Image

Went in the hospital Sunday afternoon.

Blood pressure was 209 over 109 when I got around to buying a machine to check it with.

I have never had blood pressure issues before, so this was a new one on me.

When I got up Sunday morning... I was really dizzy and light headed.

Other than that I felt fine.

As the day progressed, most of the dizziness went away, and I was feeling "ALMOST" back to normal.

In the afternoon...I was talking to my son on ICQ, (he does have high blood pressure)... and he said that when he missed taking his meds...he would feel that way.

I went to WalMart and bought a blood pressure machine... came back home and took a reading.

It was 209 over 109 at that time but I was feeling almost normal... not all dizzy and light headed like earlier in the day.

Went to the ER... they immediately gave me a shot to lower it... hooked me to an EKG and rushed me to the cardiac floor.

Spent Sunday after noon, Sunday night and all day Monday getting rushed around to various places in the hospital have different tests done.

They let me out just before dark Monday evening.

Took a 3.5 hour STRESS TEST yesterday.

I couldn't figure out how to study for the test... hope I passed. :D

I am now on blood pressure meds and waiting around for word from the Dr on what caused it.

So far...they haven't given me any indication that they even "KNOW" what caused it.

Thanks to anyone that read this boring message to the end.

You have a lot of patience.

:D :D :D :D

I hope you're feeling better. Your kidneys are responsible for the regulation of your blood pressure among other things in your body, so your doctor may recommend a kidney function test or he'll look at the results of blood tests and try to figure out what happened. A sudden onset of high blood pressure is usually a chemical imbalance, it can be caused by something as simple as eating food with bacteria in it. Feel better and keep an eye on that blood pressure.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Hey Jim take care of yourself. Feel better, and watch what you eat and get some exercise..and stop thinking how you are going to afford to buy a CTS-V, :lol:

Hang in there man

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I'm glad you're alright (as in still alive) and I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully it's not a chronic problem and can be treated fairly easy. Good luck and keep us posted on how you're doing!

big4870885.jpg

Thanks boys and girls for the well wishes.

It is really appreciated. :D

The Dr has me on meds now for the blood pressure.

I am at a loss on what caused it.

I have not had blood pressure problems before now.

I will probably be modifying my diet to more chicken and fish and less red beef.

I hate that... 'cause I sure do like steaks and great big ol' greasy hamburgers. :D :D

BUT... I want to keep looking at the "TOP SIDE" of the grass... not the bottom side.. so I reckon I will do what is necessary to do that.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Posted Image

Sorry to hear, good that you got over to the Doctor to have them look at you. Even Cadillacs need a tune up every 100K miles or so.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Sorry to hear, good that you got over to the Doctor to have them look at you.

Even Cadillacs need a tune up every 100K miles or so.

Thanks Bruce,

Yeah...and I have a "LOT" more miles than that...

and a good portion of them were the "Rode Hard And Put Up Wet" kind of miles. :D :D :D

Oh, BTW... I renewed again.

Been busy and forgot it.

:D

Posted Image

and a good portion of them were the "Rode Hard And Put Up Wet" kind of miles. :D :D :D

Nice to see your medical problems haven't taken away your sense of humor! smile.gif

big4870885.jpg

Nice to see your medical problems haven't taken away your sense of humor! smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

I always try to look on the bright side.

I am the "Eternal Optimist." :D

If I ever get so bad off, that I lose my sense of humor...and just sit around and gripe and complain about everything...

maybe someone will just knock me in the head and put me out of my misery. :D

I wouldn't be much good for anything else. :D

Posted Image

Thanks for the kind words.

I always try to look on the bright side.

I am the "Eternal Optimist." :D

If I ever get so bad off, that I lose my sense of humor...and just sit around and gripe and complain about everything...

maybe someone will just knock me in the head and put me out of my misery. :D

I wouldn't be much good for anything else. :D

I hear that. I wouldn't want to live without my sense of humor and positive outlook either.

big4870885.jpg

WOW! I'm glad you're OK, Jim!

I was never into eating a lot of beef but over the last 5 years I've pretty much lost desire for it. I suppose the best answer has to do with all the bad publicly over mad cow disease and the fact that sick cows are being slaughtered and sold to the public. I'll eat chicken and turkey, though the poultry industry isn't any better than the beef industry since chickens are being fed rendered animal byproducts, antibiotics, hormones, and anabolic steroids. However, at least poultry hasn't been linked to anything like mad chicken disease. When or if it is, I suppose I'll stop eating chicken too. The best chicken is organically raised on a farm.

WOW! I'm glad you're OK, Jim!

I was never into eating a lot of beef but over the last 5 years I've pretty much lost desire for it. I suppose the best answer has to do with all the bad publicly over mad cow disease and the fact that sick cows are being slaughtered and sold to the public. I'll eat chicken and turkey, though the poultry industry isn't any better than the beef industry since chickens are being fed rendered animal byproducts, antibiotics, hormones, and anabolic steroids. However, at least poultry hasn't been linked to anything like mad chicken disease. When or if it is, I suppose I'll stop eating chicken too. The best chicken is organically raised on a farm.

Thanks, Mac.

I have never worried much over the the Mad Cow disease.

That was almost all overseas.

You are right about the poultry business.

It is no better than the beef business.

I am doing some thinking about modifying my diet... haven't made any REAL decisions yet. :D

I know I do not eat a very healthy diet.

OH... the "BEST CHICKEN", was the one that my Grandmother used to cook for Sunday dinner. :D :D

The chickens ran free on the farm.

They were not kept caged / penned up.

Posted Image

The biggest lie ever perpetrated against humanity was done so by the health community and so-called nutrition experts. "Eat a variety of foods"....it's a total lie. Your ancestors not only did NOT eat a variety of foods, they ONLY ate what grew or lived within walking distance of where they lived. For example, if they didn't live where bananas grew then they NEVER ate a banana and yet, their bodies managed to get enough potassium to survive. Watch carefully what children eat, and especially pay attention to what they won't eat since a child is not yet influenced by social or parental pressures, they will only eat what their genetic makeup requires. As another example, when I was a child, my mother COULD NOT get me to eat bread, also, potatoes and rice were not my favorite foods. Beef, I would only eat if it were completely without traces of fat and chicken had to be thoroughly roasted. Yet, I would happily stuff my face with fish, venison, rabbit or pheasant. So the pattern you see here is that I possess DNA that eats ancient protein foods yet doesn't do quite as well on domesticated meats. Vegetables I would eat, except for breads, potatoes or anything made from potatoes and rice.

I became morbidly obese by eating those same foods that I rejected as a child, bread, potatoes, rice and pasta (starches). After removing bread, potatoes, rice and pasta from my diet and increasing my intake of protein, without exercise, I lost 95 lbs, my blood pressure is back to normal and my diabetes is gone. Eat according to your ancestry, according to your own genetic makeup. Try to remember what you really disliked eating as a child and see if that food or components of that food has managed to sneak its way into your life as an adult and if you remove it from your life, you might end up feeling a whole lot healthier for it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Marika,

Very good info and food for thought. (pun intended) :D

As I mentioned to Mac... I am re-thinking my diet.

I am not much into vegetables... I eat them, but they are not my favorite foods.

I probably don't average eating one banana a year.

I will eat an apple every once in a while... I like the taste of apples, but for some reason, almost never buy them when grocery shopping.

I do love meat, potatoes and bread. :D :D

Thats probably not good... but those are my favorite foods.

I like baked potatoes... I like potato salad...I like home made fried potatoes...but I am not crazy about restaurant / fast food type, french fries.

I like almost any type of beef.

I especially like a big ol' juicy medium rare Porterhouse of Rib Eye steak.

There are a couple of places around here that still make the greasy, old fashioned hamburgers like I used to eat when I was a kid.

Every few months, I get an urge and go eat one of those. :D

There is probably enough fat in one of them to send your cholesterol off the chart. :D

But, I am giving serious thought to modifications of the way I eat.

Thanks for the info.

Posted Image

Archived