CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Choice of Cadillac

Brad

Superbowl MVP Tom Brady got his choice of any new Caddy, even though it did look like they were pushing him towards the shiny red XLR on the field. To me, it seems like a really tough choice with all the new cool models they have.

I guess I would lean towards a CTS-V, XLR or the SRX.

What would you choose if given the choice?

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

I could make a case for several; but, if I were Tom Brady, I would have taken that shiny red XLR because, while it's not the most practical it's the most expensive and he could well afford to buy a more practical model and just use the XLR for recreational driving.

If, somehow, this choice were offered to ME, however, I would probably go for an Escalade XLT! At one time, I would have said STS but, from the picture of the new STS, I don't really think I'm interested. However, I'm trying to keep an open mind in hopes that I'll like it better when I see it.

Whats with that anyways, the guy makes millions. I'm pretty sure choosing a new car right after winning the Super Bowl isn't a top priority.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

If it were I, there's no question -- the XLR. If it were my money and I was actually making a purchase decision, again, no question -- the CTS-V.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

yeah, if I'm not the one spending the money, XLR all the way...

can you imagine pulling up next to some punk in a honda at the red light in that thing ;)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Well, I guess not being a pro football player, I'd take the XLR, then trade it for the CTS-V and tax bill.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I'd also say the XLR just bacuse of the tag. Not only that, but the car has added value because of where it came from and why. Ever see the auctions?

But, Here's a question to ponder.

Why is it so important what he car looks like if you are in it and not looking at it while it goes down the road?

I mean, I buy a car for looks also, but I wonder why we don't buy them first for what they look like inside and what they can do. Looks benig last.

But for most people looks is the first thing. I just can't figure out why we spend so much so everyone else can have fun looking at our cars.

MC

XLR!

(I made the choice when I first saw pictures of it - I'm just waiting for them to get 8 or 10 years old so I can afford one!)

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I just can't figure out why we spend so much so everyone else can have fun looking at our cars.

You know, I've thought of the same thing before! Why do I spend hours washing the car, polishing it, doing the wheels and tires, painting the mufflers...and drive around with some dust on the dashboard??!!

I think deep down, we're always looking for approval from others. I always clean the outside of the car first. If I'm short on time and only have time to do one thing, I'll clean the outside and leave the inside for later.

Actually, I do enjoy looking at the outside of my car from the inside. I love pulling up to someone at a stoplight and seeing the twinkle of the chrome wheels rotating across the side of their car. Sometimes, if the other car is shiny/clean enough, the sparkle from my own wheels can be blinding to me sometimes. :)

It's the little things...

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

XLR without a doubt! Having seen one up close, its a beauty. With that said, I would give a thought to an STS or DTS also (as my wife would undoubtely convince me that a two seater is NOT practical, LOL) Mike

Archived