CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sound

03SLS25

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect a time will come when RAP music will assume its rightful place beside the disco-dance and bell-bottomed-pants crazes. Not soon enough, however. Could be wrong though . . .

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Have any of you gvien rap music a chance? its like any other genre... music for a select group of people. Its good music. And you cant judge it if you havent listened to it!!

I've listened. Actually, I've been forced to listen. My work environment requires it.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Have any of you gvien rap music a chance? its like any other genre... music for a select group of people. Its good music. And you cant judge it if you havent listened to it!!

Give us a recommendation! I know its not rap, but I was listening to Forever by Chris Brown last night and like it...

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I've listened. Actually, I've been forced to listen.

Regards,

Warren

LOL y is that?

At my work facility we uplink such things to satellites in geosynchronous orbits.

Fortunately, our nearest neighbor, Alpha Centauri, at 4.6 million light years away, won't be seeing any of our crap any time soon. I'll be VERY long dead before I need suffer any embarrassment on behalf of the peoples of Earth.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

A chance to do what? Repeat the same four bar ryhthm forevermore?

Add in violent - sexist - racist lyrics and the end product somehow becomes "music"? Follow the money.

Yes, I have listened to some of that garbage; and I turned it off in time to avoid nausea.

YMMV.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I guess that we need to start a different thread about good sounding mufflers as this one has been inadvertently :ninjahijack: !

;)

Britt

Britt

This really did meander off the highway huh.

Its funny, I don't care for rap, either, because I feel it is angry. Music to me, to use a cliche, soothes the angry beast, it relaxes me. Rap would ramp me up and sooner or later, make me angry, I think. And that is not just reserved for rap, there is a lot of other music like techno, screamo, etc that would probably cause me to get into an accident . What do you think about that Dana?

Last week, I was with my 24 your nephew and his girlfriend, and the conversation drifted to music, and I said, I thought that Prince was a genious, musically. Well, the girlfriend eloquently let me know that she thought that while Prince was talented, his music demeans women and she could NEVER listen to him. I could not argue, with her and agreed... She made a good point. I still think he has a genious, however.

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I guess that we need to start a different thread about good sounding mufflers as this one has been inadvertently :ninjahijack: !

;)

Britt

Yes, Prince is a genius. I was unaware of his misogyny however. Sometimes you just need to pay closer attention.

In that vein, I recently read he has Flowmasters on his Bentley.

THERE . . . the thread is back on track!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

This really did meander off the highway huh.

Its funny, I don't care for rap, either, because I feel it is angry. Music to me, to use a cliche, soothes the angry beast, it relaxes me. Rap would ramp me up and sooner or later, make me angry, I think. And that is not just reserved for rap, there is a lot of other music like techno, screamo, etc that would probably cause me to get into an accident . What do you think about that Dana?

Last week, I was with my 24 your nephew and his girlfriend, and the conversation drifted to music, and I said, I thought that Prince was a genious, musically. Well, the girlfriend eloquently let me know that she thought that while Prince was talented, his music demeans women and she could NEVER listen to him. I could not argue, with her and agreed... She made a good point. I still think he has a genious, however.

I am the first to say that rap has grown into something that isnt HipHop. but it reflects how the world has changed. Not all rap is about drugs, killing, woman. There are still a lot of artist that rap with a purpose as i like to call it. but no matter what the artist is rapping about its all from their experience and what they know. im not saying that what they speak about is right, nor is it wrong. i cant speak on techno or screamo because i have not listened to enough of it. i just dont like how people talk bad about something that they dont understand. i can understand if they say that rap is a genre thats not for them, but to speak bad about it when they havent heard enough of it, or understand the culture of it almost angers me. but it is what it is.

Now what about the early days of rap/hiphop.. the lyrics where in a totally different direction... how do you guys feel about it back then?

Maybe they were stainless steel Flowmasters?

Posted Image

Warren,

I'll try to help.

On a Bentley, POLISHED Stainless Steel would be cool. :D

What series?

40 or 50?

Offset or straight through?

Single or duals, and if duals, are they TRUE DUALS or just cat back?

Wonder if he had a set of headers custom made?

THAT would wake up the Bentley... :D ... and let it breathe.

Posted Image

Thanks for the assists guys! :yupi3ti:

Posted Image

That 1335 looks somewhat like a CORSA tip, but I think the Corsa tips are DOUBLE WALL.

My sons truck... look at picture number TWO. It shows the dual exhaust.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...em&CID=1464

Posted Image

I like that look, an STS or ETC would look great with that look

I am not to sure how loud the exhaust systems you guys use, they may be a lot louder than some of the ones that i hear but what if you dampen the car real good?? Use dynomat on the fire wall, doors, trunk sides and lid, and inside of side body panels. Dynomat is used to prevent vibration, and act as a sound proofing. that might help keep your music in and the muffler out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana, I have found it, very easy to see that you are very smart, from the first of your postings that I read ...

So riddle me this ... how much of your cabin area, is made of glass ??? and can you dynomat it ???

my guess would be, 25% + glass/windows and you may as well add in the roof area too,

unless you are going to mat it too ... think about it, that is almost half of your cabin area ...

So, it would seem to me, to be a heck of a lot of work to sound proof

the rest of my car, without that thought in mind ...

P.S. spank their *smurf* in court dawg ... I like a stand-up man, in a very straight way ...

my best ....

Lane

I am not to sure how loud the exhaust systems you guys use, they may be a lot louder than some of the ones that i hear but what if you dampen the car real good?? Use dynomat on the fire wall, doors, trunk sides and lid, and inside of side body panels. Dynomat is used to prevent vibration, and act as a sound proofing. that might help keep your music in and the muffler out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana, I have found it, very easy to see that you are very smart, from the first of your postings that I read ...

So riddle me this ... how much of your cabin area, is made of glass ??? and can you dynomat it ???

my guess would be, 25% + glass/windows and you may as well add in the roof area too,

unless you are going to mat it too ... think about it, that is almost half of your cabin area ...

So, it would seem to me, to be a heck of a lot of work to sound proof

the rest of my car, without that thought in mind ...

P.S. spank their *smurf* in court dawg ... I like a stand-up man, in a very straight way ...

my best ....

Lane

Thanks.. and im not nearly as smart as you or most of the other memebers. i just know a lil audio. but your right it is a bit of work sound proofing. mostly removing everything to get to the point where you can lay your dynamat down. i have never really thought about adding dynamat to the roof, and floors. just the fire wall, trunk, and doors. not sure if that would make a huge difference depending on your exhaust. I dont thiink you can dynamat your class.. i know you can dynamat your rear view mirror, side mirrors, and license plate to prevent rattle. Most newer vehicle are moade of glass that reflects most outside noise, especially luxry cars, so that they can keep their smooth and quiet rides.

I goto small claims court friday to file.. my uncle is a good lawyer in the city and surrounding counties, i had him look at my receipts and tell me if i had a good case, and he said it should be a easy one. he also said he would go with me to file and on the day of court(small claims doesnt need a lawyer) to represent me. That will be a big help. i will, of course, keep you guys posted.

Soundproofing using dynomat does a good job a reducing high frequency noise but not so well with low frequency. High frequency would be like road noise, rattles, and wind. So if you choose a muffler like a glass packs or any muffler that gives off a deep low frequency rumble, it'll transmit right into the cabin. The only way I know of to reduce that low frequency rumble is to use a type of sound proofing that has high mass. What works best in this case is either lead sheeting, thick tar or simply mixing paint with sand. The only other way I know is some type of electronic noise cancellation like what is used on Bose Headphones. I heard that some Acura RL's were using this technology to quiet down their cabins.

IPB Image

Ed I was going to ask whether some type of Bose noise cancelling was available. I have Bose noise cancelling headphones (version 2) and if you put them on in the car, ALL noise goes away, its surrealistic, total silence. Why hasn't this innovation been incorporated into the BOSE systems in our cars, are they afraid of potential legal action if someone gets hurt? I think it would be an amazing thing to have

Soundproofing using dynomat does a good job a reducing high frequency noise but not so well with low frequency. High frequency would be like road noise, rattles, and wind. So if you choose a muffler like a glass packs or any muffler that gives off a deep low frequency rumble, it'll transmit right into the cabin. The only way I know of to reduce that low frequency rumble is to use a type of sound proofing that has high mass. What works best in this case is either lead sheeting, thick tar or simply mixing paint with sand. The only other way I know is some type of electronic noise cancellation like what is used on Bose Headphones. I heard that some Acura RL's were using this technology to quiet down their cabins.

well said.. i agree... dynamat makes a type of high mass aplication for low frequency.. but i believe its pretty pricey when you start adding it everywhere... Its pretty hard to have both, concert sound and beefy exhaust.

Dynamat Extremeliner

"Extremeliner provides maximum low-frequency attenuation and heat resistance. Extremeliner is a four-part composite barrier consisting of 1/8 inch layer of neoprene, 15 mils of acoustic lead barrier, 1/4 inch layer of high efficiency acoustic foam and a 3 mil urethane top facing. Extremeliner works anywhere on your vehicle's floor and firewall for the ultimate barrier from road noise and engine noise. Great for high heat areas.

NOTE: Extremeliner provides maximum control when applied over Dynamat Xtreme. "

Ed I was going to ask whether some type of Bose noise cancelling was available. I have Bose noise cancelling headphones (version 2) and if you put them on in the car, ALL noise goes away, its surrealistic, total silence. Why hasn't this innovation been incorporated into the BOSE systems in our cars, are they afraid of potential legal action if someone gets hurt? I think it would be an amazing thing to have

That would be cool!! ED is right thats what Acura uses.

"The RL Active Noise Cancellation™ system (ANC) can reduce unwanted cabin noise by as much as 10dB, countering it with opposing sound frequencies from the audio system.

It uses two microphones located in the ceiling to monitor for low-frequency noise in the cabin.

When sound is detected, the ANC control unit passes an inverse waveform to the Bose® amplifier unit, where it is amplified to an inaudible volume that cancels the original sound.

To further insulate your cabin from exterior disturbances, the RL's dash, floor, roof, fenders and hood are designed with highly effective noise-insulation materials."

There should be a system containing mics and an amp to add to exsiting systems, to obtain the Noise cancellation.

Archived