CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The driver's side of the car is UNDER the trailer. Took the photo this morning, 8:45 am, as I was heading off Route 46 and onto Huyler Street, Teterboro, New Jersey

Picture-003.jpg

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Somebody drives their car into the side of a truck all the time. Did you give your name as a witness? If not, you might call the Teterboro and ask if they want a copy of the JPEG file from your camera.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Somebody drives their car into the side of a truck all the time. Did you give your name as a witness? If not, you might call the Teterboro and ask if they want a copy of the JPEG file from your camera.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stick around, traffic was being blocked from every direction. I've done witness photography in the past for drivers.

http://photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=136174

Luckily, no one was injured. That USED to be an old Ford Thunderbird. It became a Ford Thundercrunch. Images taken with an old Yashica T4, loaded with ISO 3200 speed film so the images are grainy as heck... :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Correct me if I am wrong but the car directly in front of you in the middle of the truck is a Buick. In case you report it, mentioning Ford Thunderbird might get your complaint misunderstood

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Correct me if I am wrong but the car directly in front of you in the middle of the truck is a Buick. In case you report it, mentioning Ford Thunderbird might get your complaint misunderstood

When I mentioned the T-Bird, it was because I was supplying a link at photo.net to images I'd taken a few years back of a different accident, which had involved a T-Bird and a commuter bus. That's why I said I've done witness photography in the past. Below is the link to the T-Bird photos, or what was left of it after it got squashed by a bus.

Sorta related, but a company called drivecam.com makes in-cab/on-truck video capture systems. The idea is that the video runs continuously, but if the truck has a major braking or high dynamic event then the camera saves the last few seconds of video PRIOR to the wreck/event for later analysis.

This way the trucking company can use the video to determine what happened, and focus on driver training or accident avoidance, etc.

They have online video's here: http://drivecam.com/drivecam-videos.asp

Note: you have to have internet explorer to view the video's, as they depend on a IE gadget to download and view. I was not able to view them in firefox.

The files have to download then view.

What the video's show is for example a view out the front of a truck as the truck approaches an intersection. The light is red

for the truck, but apparently the driver does not notice until after he enters the intersection and has to swerve to avoid traffic.

In another incident, the driver falls asleep and the truck veers off onto the curb, at which point apparently the driver wakes up.

Kind of real-life TV, although I have mixed feelings on whether I would enjoy such a system in my vehicle.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

A truck-cam might have kept the truck driver out of the fast lane in that 2002 incident that Marika photographed. That Thunderbird was a reall mess. That generation of Thunderbird was a really fine car, too, but like most two-doors it never sold well, and was a casualty of lack of vision. Power plant schizophrenia (four, turbo four, V6, modular V8,...) was part of the problem because once somebody drove or rode in one of the standard-engine underpowered four cylinder-driven cars, they forgot about Thunderbirds forever.

Most later model cars come with a "black box" which is really just the PCM keeping a rolling buffer of vehicle status data like speed, braking, throttle angle, etc. for post-accident analysis. Integrate that with a standard networked on-board GPS and an integrated rear-license-plate-area data link that gives any suspicious cop a data dump that includes VIN, and you have ... 1984.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

When I mentioned the T-Bird, it was because I was supplying a link at photo.net to images I'd taken a few years back of a different accident, which had involved a T-Bird and a commuter bus. That's why I said I've done witness photography in the past. Below is the link to the T-Bird photos, or what was left of it after it got squashed by a bus.

OH, I understand now.. :D

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Marika,

You are obviously a "true photographer."

I wear reading glasses around my neck; I'm picturing you wearing a camera. :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Marika,

You are obviously a "true photographer."

I wear reading glasses around my neck; I'm picturing you wearing a camera. :D

Regards,

Warren

There was ALWAYS a camera over my shoulder and to this day, there's always a camera in my bag. In fact, TWO. :lol:

In fact, this was the first 35mm SLR I managed to buy from my own babysitting money, we were paid $1/hour in those days: http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCam....html~mainFrame this camera was responsible for thousands of images taken in the streets of NYC and elsewhere. I still have the camera and it still works. It's a fully manual camera but so simple to use, I never had to look at the dials, I knew exactly where everything was and I was able to take pictures faster with that camera then with today's "fully automatic" cameras. It was responsible for such images as these: http://photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?...ntation_id=6461

A good friend had a Honeywell Pentax SP1000. (I think that was the model) In 1970 if I remember right. He took some beautiful photographs with it.

There is a big difference between PHOTOGRAPHS and SNAPSHOTS. :D:D

I have an old Ziess Icon slr, made in the early 60's. Non removable 50mm lens.

Also have an old Exakta VX llB (made in E. germany in the early 60's) with a Zeiss lens. Both have took some excellent pictures at times. Also have a couple of Ziess lenses for my enlarger.

OH, and an old Yashica Mat.... twin lens reflex...2 1/4 square format. early 60's vintage also. Need to get them out and use them. :D:D

Posted Image

A good friend had a Honeywell Pentax SP1000. (I think that was the model) In 1970 if I remember right. He took some beautiful photographs with it.

There is a big difference between PHOTOGRAPHS and SNAPSHOTS. :D:D

I have an old Ziess Icon slr, made in the early 60's. Non removable 50mm lens.

Also have an old Exakta VX llB (made in E. germany in the early 60's) with a Zeiss lens. Both have took some excellent pictures at times. Also have a couple of Ziess lenses for my enlarger.

OH, and an old Yashica Mat.... twin lens reflex...2 1/4 square format. early 60's vintage also. Need to get them out and use them. :D:D

I learned photography on my father's Zeiss Ikon, fabulous camera.

This is my favorite camera, it was a gift to me from a friend in England, it's in mint condition and takes the best pictures around:

Rolleicord_Vb.jpg

I found this one picture on the net that is so charming and so typical of what a Rolleicord can do:

46112141.050709.jpg

You have to use an external light meter with the Rolleicord. Forces you to slow down and make decisions which I think is great instead of the typical "machine gun" photography you see today which gives you 1,000 images, with maybe 1 being good. :lol:

This is my favorite camera, it was a gift to me from a friend in England, it's in mint condition and takes the best pictures around:

Rolleicord_Vb.jpg

I found this one picture on the net that is so charming and so typical of what a Rolleicord can do:

46112141.050709.jpg

You have to use an external light meter with the Rolleicord. Forces you to slow down and make decisions which I think is great instead of the typical "machine gun" photography you see today which gives you 1,000 images, with maybe 1 being good. :lol:

KNow what you mean. I have a Gossen Luna Pro lightmeter. Pretty good meter for it's day. I have had it for close to 40 years. Still works, or at least it did the last time I tried it.

In a totally dark room... it can detect a small burning candle at 25 feet and give you exposure settings. :D

Posted Image

Rolleicord_Vb.jpg

46112141.050709.jpg

KNow what you mean. I have a Gossen Luna Pro lightmeter. Pretty good meter for it's day. I have had it for close to 40 years. Still works, or at least it did the last time I tried it.

In a totally dark room... it can detect a small burning candle at 25 feet and give you exposure settings. :D

Isn't that funny, and I have the Gossen Scout II light meter. No batteries needed!!!

Archived