CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wonders of Depreciation

Nice looking black with red/black interior 2006 STS-V listed on craig's list for US$46K; website here: http://platinum1auto.autorevo.com/webtempl...aspx?iid=193340

and right here in Texas, too.

193340_66b915fa-5fc4-4872-98e1-502956659

That's a nasty US$30K of depreciation in 2 years, but sure makes a nice buy for someone with only 9K miles on it!

Not sure I love the red inserts on black seats, but I think I could get used to it. I see that is a popular type of thing to do on cars lately.

No wood steering wheels for the V series -- I think the wood is judged to be less steady at the track?

Now if I only had another $46K to spend on a Cadillac, and some gas arrangement where I didn't mind 12 city 19 highway mpg (revised comparative 2008 values).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yes, this seems a very good choice as they come down in price. The mpg thing, but what a terrific car for the money.

The subj car on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...A:IT&ih=012

Red/Black interior pic:

193340_a20a66ba-b114-4f30-9e06-ffdf74665

Bruce

If I was driving around with almost 500 hp, the last thing on my mind would be a 20% hit on fuel economy relative to the 320 hp STS V8. The EPA mileage rating of the STS-V is comparable to those of the Escalade and other large, powerful sport-utes and big daily-driver pickup trucks that sell to the mass market. If I was changing cars and looking anywhere near that price range, I would take any one of these cars as a daily driver in a heartbeat. :bluesbrothers:

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Yeah I love the fact that American cars pretty much exponentially loose their value yearly (sometimes monthly!). I've always bought all my vehicles minus the Eldorado around 3 years old and with under 30-40K miles on the clock. In 2003 I bought my prior 2000 Grand Prix GTP coupe for $12,500 and with 27K on the clock. Although it's nice to have "that new car", I think it's pretty much stupid to buy a car brand new... you're not doing nothing more that just flushing away thousands upon thousands of dollars. The 2006 STS-V looks really sharp and cutting edge but I think it's too much of a sporty transition that Cadillac is doing...I like the suspension on my ETC...the newer Cadillacs have much firmer suspensions. I dunno, I guess that's what you have to do when you are fighting against Japanese and German imports. Just give me some nice powerful HP and a smooth ride and I'm set with a smile on my face

The reason they are cheaper is that the repairs on these cars are more on the pocket.It's worth it if you know what you're buying.

I guess you have to be an enthusiast to really know what you're getting.

I bought my '95 STS with 88000 miles on it for $12900,and I averaged $1000 a year for maintanance/repairs since I bought it in year 2000.

That is not bad considering I don't have to come up with a monthly payment.

I am so happy with my Caddy.I have 195000 miles.Original motor and tranny.

I don't know too many Imports with that kind of miles,and if they do they had major repairs.

I don't.

Florin

I agree. I try to get in a s second owner on my cars and buy them with around 30,000 miles on them for all of the reasons stated. People find it hard to believe it when I tell them what I bought my Eldo for and what I got for my money AND I was able to pay cash. At this point in time I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off.

Depreciation depends on what you actually paid for the car (new), If it stickered for 50k and you pay 38k (Summer sell Down) that makes a diff too. Also how popular the model is, priced a Z71 4X4 lately? they aint cheap. The Market for used Caddy's is pretty good and we benefit, but truth be told I'd love to buy a new one. As in still has the plastic on the steering wheel

Man those seats are freakin ugly I haven't seen anything that bad since the seats in 2nd Gen Trans Ams and 1982-84 Camaros...

Did they all come that way?

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Does a new V cost 75K? :huh: WOW! Thats half of what my new house cost! That sure is one fine piece of machinery though, I really like the V's.

I bought my 02 Deville for less than 1/5 of what it cost new with 76K on it. I will never buy new.

mynewcaddych2.jpg

Bruce are you sure on the mileage? I thought the 6-speeds were hitting 23-28 on the highway? (at 70mph at least)

Joe

The EPA rating is 12/19 mpg. Remember this is the 469 hp 4.4L Supercharged V8 Northstar. The 320hp 4.6L RWD Northstar does somewhat better.

Bruce

Bought my 1 owner '95 etc in 1999 from a dealer in Jackson Michigan. ~60k miles, $18k.

Lets see ... water pump, fuel pump, fpr, radiator, front axles, starter, shift solenoids .. free labor .. that's about it other than routine maintenance. So for $18k plus those parts listed I have been driving an etc for 8 years and 100k mi. Can't remember the last car payment ..

Similar story...2001 STS costs over $50k new. I paid $12,500 in early 2007 for one with 57k miles. No-brainer there. So far, only money spent is gas and oil. One warranty repair (steering shaft replacement). Car now has almost 64k miles, but that includes an out-of-the-ordinary trip to Florida shortly after we bought it.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Heck in my neck of the woods Syracuse NY the local Caddy dealer has

07 DTS (ex-rentals) $26,000 , 07 STS v-8 awd? $33K, 05 SRX v-8 awd

$27k, 05 SRX v-6 $24k, 04 SRX v-6 awd $19k !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't make sense to buy new !

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Forgot to mention............I was "offered" a big fat $10,000 trade for my 03

Deville with 51k miles ! I wasn't insulted or shocked.................

Considering the 07 DTS they had were $26k !

But they were nothing special no bose, chromies, sunroofs or diamond paint.

Just rent a car base specials in white, cashmere, or silver !

Quite the deal for anyone who wants to finally step up to a current year Cadillac and send their camcord to the crusher !

Its just funny Cadillacs suffer such depreciation as with most American

cars !

I recently traded my 04 Chevy 2500 x-cab 4x4 for a 07 Chevy 2500

x-cab 4x4 and they gave me $21,500 ! Of course they sold it 2

days later for $23,900 ! Oh well.............I get the GM employee deal

and only paid $29k new.

My Deville was $48k sticker and my GM deal was around $33k after

rebates, employee bonus cash, Cadillac loyalty bonus, GM card etc.

Wow ! $10 grand trade........... But its been almost troublefree and i

will expect another several years of service before I get another !

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Archived