CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 STS

CaddyChris

I really like the new STS. I know there is criticism about it looking too much like the CTS but now that they released all the pictures I think it is great. There are much better pictures on www.highresautoimages.com. I really like the *smurf* end alot. They did it right with the LED lights this time. Also, on cadillac.com if you click seville, at the bottom you will see a link for the new sts. If it is not there click refresh until it comes up. On the cadillac site they explain the new LED technology they used so that the LEDs are not specifically pointed out (eg infiniti's g35) It's pretty neat the way they describe it. Overall I think the new STS kicks *smurf* and can't wait to see on on the road. Also, rumor has it that the XLR and STS "V's" will use a supercharged northstar rather than the new corvette engine. I think this will be great. They better roll out the V's shortly after intro though because 320hp is nice but to compete with the ultra elite's a supercharged 450 + northstar sounds ridiculus. What does everybody think?

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Looks like a bigger CTS, neither of which has grown on me yet. I suppose the Deville will be just a little bigger? The 2000 Deville body style is just now growing on me, maybe in a few years I will catch up with them. They probably won't have wheels on them then. LOL

I like it but I've still got my eye on the XLR!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I like it, especially the rear end, a Cadillac should have vertical tail lights, that is the main reason I don't care for the current Seville, besides, it really dosen't have enought interior space.

I really like the new STS. I know there is criticism about it looking too much like the CTS but now that they released all the pictures I think it is great. There are much better pictures on www.highresautoimages.com. I really like the *smurf* end alot. They did it right with the LED lights this time. Also, on cadillac.com if you click seville, at the bottom you will see a link for the new sts. If it is not there click refresh until it comes up. On the cadillac site they explain the new LED technology they used so that the LEDs are not specifically pointed out (eg infiniti's g35) It's pretty neat the way they describe it. Overall I think the new STS kicks *smurf* and can't wait to see on on the road. Also, rumor has it that the XLR and STS "V's" will use a supercharged northstar rather than the new corvette engine. I think this will be great. They better roll out the V's shortly after intro though because 320hp is nice but to compete with the ultra elite's a supercharged 450 + northstar sounds ridiculus. What does everybody think?

Hopefully those are not the same LED's that they were using on the old Seville.

The car doesn't grow on me, I don't like the way it looks, nor do I like the way the CTS looks.

Everyone I talk to likes the Escalade, but they think the CTS is ugly and the new STS is a larger version of ugly.

Oh well.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I don't like it so much. Why to the headlights come above the hood line. It would look alot sleeker if they came straight across. I like the looks of the '95 seville the best. This years model looks like a Toyota Camry. I guess they ARE trying to be like BMW. BMW ruined the look of the 7 series last year.

The 2000 Deville body style is just now growing on me, maybe in a few years I will catch up with them.

I was thinking the same thing. By the time I get used to a car's styling, it's time for a redesign...at least it keeps the cost down by letting someone else take the depreciation hit.... :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I too dis-like the direction in which Cadillac has taken. I really like the Escalade when it was first introduced, but it too has steadily lost my interest. IMO, the CTS could be dropped from production and I would not loose a moments worth of sleep. I bought my STS for the elegant and subtle design. I also bought it for its performance. I was looking for something that looked sharp, yet would not draw alot of attention. I really wanted something that could give me that seat of the pants feeling like my 5.0 mustang, but with all of the creature comforts I have grown to love....The new STS only has proven that after 10yrs since my model's introduction, the HP inches up while the looks plumet down.

Of course this is only my opinion, I could be wrong....doubtful, but possible!

You might not lose any sleep on the CTS but it is selling VERY well.

I like the current Escalade it has all of the Cadillac features that the original Escalade (rebadged Chevy Tahoe) did not.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

One thing I noticed after looking at the pictures is that there are no bump guards on the doors!!! This car will be a ding magnet!! The car looks nice now, but after about three months of daily driving and parking lots, it will look like a beater.

I like the '05 STS styling. Yes, it's quite a departure from our older Sevelle models, however, it quickly grows on you.

I definitely have plans for one in the future. How far in the future will depend on the price/options.

Since I'm an old hot rodder, the V6 just doesn't seem right. Can't get that sound or punch from the V6.

So, I guess i'll have to step up and pay the price for the NS engine.

I think it'll be a great car to own and drive.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

I went to the New York Auto Show on sunday and went by the Cadillac display. They had two 2005 STS's on display. One was on the floor and the other was on a rotating platform with a guy standing next to it answering peoples questions. The one on the floor was a dark blue and looked really sharp. Some people I know are a bit turned off by the new design but when you get up close to it, it's really a very nice car. I know if I had the money, I would definitely buy one once they came out. It would have to be the V8 though. The only thing they need to adjust I think would be to put a screen in the back for the passangers. Right now, the only screen is the navigation one which can only play movies while in park which defeats the whole point behind a mobile entertainment system. Other than that, the 2005 STS should have a big impact in the luxury/sport car market. To any of you who live in the New York/New Jersey area, you should definitely check out the show. Just for kicks, ask the guy standing on the display next to the silver STS about the STS-V planned for 2006. See what he has to say about that. Overall the new STS is equal to the older two models, if not far superior to them. Ithink everyone will get a kick out of them when they come out. :D

Yeah, I imagine that if I ever had enough money for a new STS the V6 would not even be in the realm of my thinking. I can't agree more that the feature to play DVDs it pointless if you can't do it other than in park. It's like that on the Escalades and such, I understand it from a factory option point of view(liability and such) but why even offer it than. A screen in the back is a very good idea and I think it should be definately offered. It sounds like it was a pretty big hit at the show, I can't wait to see one in person.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

There is nothing here that makes me say that I gotta have one. That was the feeling I got when I saw my first "new model" Seville (like 94+). It is about what I would expect from a commitee, hell bent to keep their jobs and afraid to say NO to their boss. This car may sell, but it is not the "killer" car of the decade. It's not gonna kill crap, let alone a BMW.

Cadillac is going down a different path, and I think it's the wrong one.

And, it gets worse.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/research/...icle&aid=139073

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

The first time I saw the newly redesigned DEVILLE, I fell in love with it. It possessed, what I thought, was "european styling" and I think the designers did that because they were hoping to grab more of the european market sales, in Europe.

I still think the Deville is an awesome looking car and I hope they don't ruin it like they did with the Seville.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

It has always bugged me that american designers think they have to copy "european styling". What is so great about the european styling? Apparently they have no confidence in their ability. This defetist attitude really bugs me. :angry: Perhaps GM should find some american minded designers who can think for themselves. If I wanted to drive a european looking car I'd buy one. I want a Cadillac, and I want it to be distinctively Cadillac, not blend in with the other mass of sheet metal on the road. Iguess it's just my American pride showing through.

As I look at the car (nice link by the way; thanks), I realize this is the first time I've actually seen pictures of more than just the FRONT of it, and I really like the rear treatment. It reminds me of some of the original Sevilles from the 1970s and early 1980s. The car looks compact, poised, and sleek -- much of what I like about the 92-97 generation. I think they lost that with the '98 models, and I think they're gaining that back with the '05s.

I do have to agree with the comment about the lack of door guards. It wouldn't affect me anyway, since I'm in the last parking spot anywhere I go. :) But it's still nice (to me) to have that horizontal definition along the side of the car. Too many modern vehicles are missing those trim pieces (bright chrome or not) that give distinction and a touch of class to the vehicle. The 92-97 gen Sevilles proudly displayed their brightwork on the side, and the 98-04 cars (barely) retained a body line there. That distinction is completely gone in the '05. That's probably not something that would keep me from purchasing the car (given the funds), but just an observation.

Overall, I think the car looks very good. It reminds me a lot of the Infinity G35 (which is another car I really like the styling on), although the Infi looks very "Asian" to me. The Seville, excepting the few non-traditional items aforementioned, really says "American" to me, overall.

Now I want to drive one!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

The car doesn't grow on me, I don't like the way it looks, nor do I like the way the CTS looks.

Everyone I talk to likes the Escalade, but they think the CTS is ugly and the new STS is a larger version of ugly.

Oh well.

I Didn't like the CTS look when I first saw it. It has grown on me. I won't really know how I feel about the new STS until I see one up close. The pictures look good. I think the Crisp edged CTS style body is the future of Cadillac. They have their own look.

If you can't stand the STS you could try a KIA Amanti. Overweight and under powered.

post-3-1081994966.jpg

Oh well.

I Didn't like the CTS look when I first saw it. It has grown on me. I won't really know how I feel about the new STS until I see one up close. The pictures look good. I think the Crisp edged CTS style body is the future of Cadillac. They have their own look.

If you can't stand the STS you could try a KIA Amanti. Overweight and under powered.

Actually, that Kia reminds me of the Jaguar S series, another dog of a car that needs to be run off the road.

The XJ series is a lovely vehicle.

It has always bugged me that american designers think they have to copy "european styling". What is so great about the european styling? Apparently they have no confidence in their ability. This defetist attitude really bugs me. :angry: Perhaps GM should find some american minded designers who can think for themselves. If I wanted to drive a european looking car I'd buy one. I want a Cadillac, and I want it to be distinctively Cadillac, not blend in with the other mass of sheet metal on the road. Iguess it's just my American pride showing through.

I don't see american designers as "copying" the europeans, I see them as being innovative and incorporating europeans concepts into their designs just as the europeans incorporate our concepts into many of their designs.

If anything, the CTS and the new STS firmly follow what the japanese car manufacturers have been doing for a while now in their auto styling and designs.

It happens all the time. Especially in auto designs and architecture.

As for your "american pride", aren't we all the product of "foreigners"? (except for those of us with american indian parents, that is).

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I like the new Cadillac look. It's classy, distinctive, and contemporary. The cars have a definite family resemblance and they don't look like everything else out there. When you see one, you know it's a Cadillac.

As usual, the larger sedans and sport models have proportions that are more pleasing to my eye than the smaller sedans. Even so, I like the CTS (especially with the right wheels) and while I usually don't like SUV's, I think the SRX is a winner.

The next generation Deville should be a knockout!

I think it's a trend setting look that will keep Cadillac in the game for many years to come. I'll bet other cars will pick up on it just like they did with the "finney" look of early 50's Cadillacs.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived