CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Pink Mary Kay SRX

Saw this Pink Mary Kay SRX in traffic today. Cadillac only produces this color for special order for Mary Kay.

marykaySRX.jpg

The vehicles are a sales reward, and act as both a visible sign of sales success and an aspirational motivation.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

If I drove that car, I would be grateful for the blackout window tint. And the car, of course.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

It looks striking in person actually. Because it is also a recognized, rolling business recognition vehicle the people driving are happy to be recognized in it.

If you drove it people might assume it was your Wife's.

Bruce

Hey, I could just put on the Foster Grants when I got out and rise above it all. After all, it is a Cadillac SRX!

But, my wife doesn't work for Mary Kay, and I suspect that these don't hit the used market.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Hey, I could just put on the Foster Grants when I got out and rise above it all. After all, it is a Cadillac SRX!

But, my wife doesn't work for Mary Kay, and I suspect that these don't hit the used market.

Actually, (if I remember right)... they are leased from Cadillac for one year...

They are then repainted and sold to the public.

Posted Image

Well, that's a relief.

When the Mary Kay cars are repainted, who does the repaint? A body shop that is contracted by GM and is all the trim, etc. removed so that it is as close to a factory paint as possible? As the engine compartnemt painted a standard color so all that does not need to be redone? I wonder is they change the paint codes, etc. so that if a future owner needs paint work, the new paint can be matched?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

This morning I saw a MK pink Escalade in traffic. I was northbound on Rt. 51 just South of Bloomington, Illinois. It was going southbound I did not have a chance to snap a picture, but it was nearly new. I have seen MK pink SRXs before in traffic, but this was the first pink Escalade I have ever seen.

Here a few of them rolling off the line at the Arlington Assembly plant.....according to a friend who is a asst. sales manager at a Cadi dealer they delivered one a few years back and when the lease was up GM had the car transport company pickup the car and return it to GM for reconditioning.

Mary-Kay-Escalades-582x391.jpg

Caddilot.jpg

Edited by Z15

Good grief, it looks like a bunch of weight lifters in tutus.

Soccer Moms need SRXs and Escalades to carry the team. I need to get over for a visit to Arlington!

Bruce

Words fail me here.

I need to find that big pink Cadillac convertible near here and ask the owner if I can take a few photographs for Caddyinfo. We can have a whole Pink Cadillac topic under Cadillac Photography. Bruce can provide most of the photographs from Arlington, and we can use whatever the rest of us can come up with.

This is all bringing home to me that Cadillac is the only marque that can really, truly, thoroughly get away with being pink. So much so, a unique pink Cadillac is a sought-after perk at a major corporation. Yes, there is something special about a pink Cadillac, any year, any model.

• 9 months later...

Only a Cadillac can get away with that kind of pink and look GOOD!

There was one near my town that I saw around, but it's not here anymore. If I see it again, I will get a photo.

• 3 months later...

You Guys!

I hope you guys are enjoying the laugh! My son, his girlfriend, and I were passing a pink Cadillac five years ago in Akron Ohio. It was a Mary Kay car. We were on I-77 in the heart of the city, and realized a man was driving. We all stared at him as we passed him on the right. As soon as he turned and saw the three of us gawking, we pointed and cracked up! He got the joke and laughed as well. We really enjoyed the moment! I assume it belonged to his successful wife!

Ohio Jim

pink_cadillac_by_area29ed6-d2xm2j1.jpg

That one appears to have a European license plate, too.