CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OMG

Scotty

:blink: I have said it before I need to get a life.... But I have also said, this is my life... :lol:

It must be! I know how much time it takes to write as many meaningful posts as you do. Thank you for your participation!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Mike,

Congratulations! :P

(Or condolences, whichever apply! :lol: )

;)

Britt

Britt

Hey Scotty,

you forgot about computers. I'm not even talking about chasing... :lol::lol::lol:

Yes it was once computers but with the advent of spyware, worms, firewalls, hackers, malware, adware and having to maintain 4 computers, I have given up! :lol:

No more building computers for friends thats for sure... its enough keeping mine going...

(although some of the new games and video cards look outstanding)

I think you should now to have "garage-on-a-wheels" to help us everywhere (with Internet access inside of course). Just imaging: you arriving on Staten Island and I met you with a car ready for open surgery in a garage and barbecue in a back yeard. Isn't beautifull?! :lol:

Hi Scotty

You have a lot of posts because you are putting out a lot of good information.

Hard to keep up with the computer stuff there sure is some nice stuff out prices are pretty good too. I was checking some memory I think it was abot 80 bucks a gig now Heck I have a gig that's plenty for now My video card I'm using now is a gforce 256 ultra which is plenty of card for me It can handle any game so that's all I need

Jim

:blink: I have said it before I need to get a life.... But I have also said, this is my life... :lol:

4000 posts and 19 good ones!!!

But seriously, thanks for the help from a neophyte in all things mechanical ... it has saved me aggravation when I tell my mechanic exactly what I want done :)

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I think you should now to have "garage-on-a-wheels" to help us everywhere (with Internet access inside of course). Just imaging: you arriving on Staten Island and I met you with a car ready for open surgery in a garage and barbecue in a back yeard. Isn't beautifull?! :lol:

Don't tempt me! I could see it now, riding from state to state working on caddies!

Have Tech-2 will travel!

I am beginning to like this idea! Honey what do you think about this idea? I better make a nice dinner tonight and crack open the wine!

I have been criticized as a Ralph Cramden at times so this will fit right in! :lol:

Hi Scotty

You have a lot of posts because you are putting out a lot of good information.

Hard to keep up with the computer stuff there sure is some nice stuff out prices are pretty good too. I was checking some memory I think it was abot 80 bucks a gig now Heck I have a gig that's plenty for now My video card I'm using now is a gforce 256 ultra which is plenty of card for me It can handle any game so that's all I need

Jim

Thanks Jim for the kind words, what is nice about this board is when I MISS by a mile, or when I prescribe belt and suspenders advice, no one stomps on my head! Plus its great talking to all of you knowledgable Caddy lovers.

Your system sounds pretty capable. I have a GeForce 5700 256 meg also. What I need to do is install a new motherboard and processor, I need a hyperthreading processor, I get bogged down at times with this dual head video card and two monitors running tons of applications. I am getting short on hard disk space also. I will do this soon, but its a huge undertaking and risky when you run a business on this machine backing everything up, retrieving application keys, etc. Some programs are irreplacable so that complicates the issue. Now you see why I look the other way when it comes to computers these days.... Thanks

:blink:  I have said it before I need to get a life....  But I have also said, this is my life...  :lol:

4000 posts and 19 good ones!!!

But seriously, thanks for the help from a neophyte in all things mechanical ... it has saved me aggravation when I tell my mechanic exactly what I want done :)

Thats so true, 19 good ones! I figure if you throw enough crap against the wall some will stick! :lol:

On the other hand and you look at Guru, he has 1249 and how many of his are bad? :lol: ZERO! :blink: (well maybe 19 are so so Guru! :lol: )

Thanks

...Have Tech-2 will travel!

Scotty,

Does this mean you WILL be renting out the Tech 2, and delvering it with instruction???? :lol::lol:

Ill be renting out myself with the Tech 2! And I'm not cheap I might add, (but I'm good)! :lol:

GOOD JOB, MIKE!

The bad thing is that you spoil us - why read the manual or open up the hood when Scotty is there? :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Congrats Mike,

That's certainly a statement of dedication to something that pays nothing - except a few "warm fuzzies" now and then.

As a recipient of some of your helpful knowledge, I really appreciate your efforts.

Keep up the good work! :D

I must agree....SCOTTY, you are our bible....

Congrats on the 4000+ great posts!

Big Jay :D:P:D

Life is too short to grow up!

Congratulations dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Congrats Mike,

That's certainly a statement of dedication to something that pays nothing - except a few "warm fuzzies" now and then.

As a recipient of some of your helpful knowledge, I really appreciate your efforts.

Keep up the good work!   :D

Thanks jhall! You know there are a few highlights that have provided big warm and fuzzys, helping Matt with his engine and trials, disassembling my spare Bose radio to help someone with a fogged display, sending a 4.9 to Amsterdam was fun to name a few. But you are right the warm and fuzzys make it worth it.

This is an interesting way to share knowledge and to meet people with similar focus. This group as a whole is a powerful resource for a Cadillac owner. Its chemistry and balance never ceases to amaze me.

The odd part about this however is that the only people that can really appreciate it, is us, has anyone tried to explain this board to your friends or relatives? No one quite understands it or appreciates it do they? :lol:

I get blank stares, to.... Its just a car, "you are obsessed"! :o:lol: What people don't understand is that I have been really really into cars and mechanical things since I can remember! And I can remember standing on a milk carton, looking over the fender of our 54 Packard Carabbean, at about 7 years old with my Dad trying to find out why the Ammeter was showing a discharging condition, and pointing to a broken wire, and saying to my Dad, "could that broken wire be why"? His face LIT UP with a big SMILE and said, YES! You found the problem!

Needless to say, that was the beginning of my love for mechanical things! So this board feeds my love and my desire for knowledge... Connect that with Cadillacs......and it's an OBSESSION! Thanks

No more building computers for friends thats for sure... its enough keeping mine going...

Yeah, that's the shame of it, isn't it?

Regards,

Warren :(

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Hi Scotty. Boy that is something to have 4000 posts. You are one special dude. A great big thanks from me for all your help. It would be wild if we all could have a big get together for all the board members, could you emagine the fun we could have... See ya...

Archived